DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 11/13 - 11/19/2023

Dolfan in NYC

1. I was listening to Crass doing "Reality Asylum" and "Shaved Women" back to back. Look up at the muted screen and see a man quoting Gone with the Wind's Rhett Butler to a woman and telling her what to do. Not a good look, especially under the circumstances. 

2. They're still employing Jinder Mahal? They're still employing Jinder Mahal. Well, of course, they're still employing Jinder Mahal!

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, worldcupfever said:

Don't forget that immediately following Raw tonight is the season two premiere of BARMAGEDDON

Makes you feel like TNN won the Raw rights again.

Sorry, I will not be accepting Ls at this time.

• Like 2

Opening segment was a little long but solid, and I dug how it led into Seth/Sami vs. Dom/JD which was pretty good and had a nice chaotic feel atimes, especially with the post match brawl.

Shinsuke/Otis was pretty solid with Otis looking good despite the loss.

Piper/Tegan was ok.

Ciampa/Kaiser was good. The finish with Vinci coming back after being kicked out is one I'm not normally a fan of, but I did enjoy how it led to the later segment with Gunther giving Vinci his props while looking Kaiser shamefully for trying to take credit.

Xia/Indi was decent up until the finish. I still hate these loopu ends to Xia's matches. They never hti the way I think WWE wants them to. if they want Xia to win by KO then actually let her win by KO. These finishes are not really effective in making her seem dangerous. The post match stuff with Becky did a lot more for Xia as a heel than the match anyways.

Dug the Creeds and Alpha Academy forming a bit of friendship backstage, particularly Maxxine & Ivy.

Miz/Ivar was pretty damn good with the two meshing well and Miz busting out a bunch of stuff outside his norm to showcase just how seriously he is taking the coming match with Gunther. Dug the building a big man war between reed and Ivar that came into play earlier backstage and during the post match.

Priest being the one to let JD know he was officially in Judgement Day was a nice touch. Even the crowd cheered that a bit.

Cody/Jey vs. Finn/Priest built into a good match as expected with a decent surprise finish with Drew getting involved. Curious to see if Drew is joining Judgement Day or just forming an alliance to get the World title.

The matches in the women's side were weaker than normal, but the men had some worthwhile stuff with the tag matches and Miz/Ivar. Was nice to see a good amount of building to War Games, Survivor Series, and some general Raw stories for now and after SS.

• Like 2

Chase/Hudson vs. Tony/Stacks was solid-good despite the Chase U breaking down aspect taking away bit too much focus at times. Disappointed to see Chase U drop the belts already though I am curious to see where this story is leading.

The MetaFour/Alpha Academy segment was alright. Dar/Gable next week should be good.

Roxanne/Lash was shockingly solid. I knew Legend had improved, but this was easily the best I've seen her look with how she played base and meshed with Roxanne in general. Not happy to see Roxane out of the Iron Survivor match, but I kind of am curious to see how Lash does in it.

Trick/Joe managed to turn into a decent match despite not really meshing naturally.

Brutes/OTM was good and easily the best OTM have looked so far. This probably gave the best sense of style yet in terms of what OTM has been trying to go for, and the Brutes put them over well as dangerous while still coming out ahead as the better team.

Gigi/Grace was fine if forgettable. It's always nice to see the bits of personality Grace shows each match, but Gigi wasn't the best opponent for that showcase.

Corbin/Wes felt a bit loose much of the time but was pretty nice overall with some neat moments throughout. Was happy Dom's involvement was kept to a minimum and that they finally pulled the trigger on a full setup of Corbin/Ilja for Deadline. 

Another solid show with some fun matches and and segments furthering various stories. not sure what was MOTN though I dug the tag matches, Roxanne/Lash, and Corbin/Wes all a good deal. Favorite might have been Roxanne/Lash just because of the surprise factor in how much Lash Legend has grown since last year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gorman said:

Okay, I can't find it anywhere. What does OTM stand for?

Out The Mud.  Which is....  unfortunate.  

Also, did Joe Gacy just kill himself last night?   I mean, that's one way to get a repackaging.

• Like 1

The opening segment with Damage Ctrl was fine and set up the story for SS and tonight with Bianca, Charlotte, and Shotzi needing to find a fourth member for War games. I do like the constant hints that Bayley's own group is totally going to turn on her at some point. 

Street Profits vs. Pretty Deadly vs. Brawling Brutes was good with some nice moments from all involved. Curious to see if the end means the Brutes are breaking up. Holland has finally improved ring wise that he might be ok on his own in that respect, but I don't have much faith in either going anywhere outside a group. Was happy to see the Profits win. Very curious to see who wins between thm and Judgement Day next week. Feels like the Street Profits need it more.

Dragon/Axiom was pretty damn good with both guys leaving a good impression on the crowd. Kind of hope Axiom sticks around as it doesn't feel like he is doing much on NXT right now.

Santos's segment went too long, but I thought it was generally solid. Still not sure where he can go without a faction the way Smackdown has been engineered currently. Still this did a good job of getting the audience to hate him even more after his dastardly attack on Rey.

Grimes/Waller was a match. Nothing bad here, just fairly quick.

Heyman's promo with Solo was good, but went long and was repetitive. Could have cut off 2-5 minute easily. The Jimmy/Knight match afterward was solid, and Cody coming to the save post match was a neat surprise. 

Dug DC taking out any woman Bianca was speaking to throughout the night along with Bianca regularly pushing Charlotte to make the call for their fourth. Becky was expected and delivered for an ok brawl to end the night on. Don't love Becky being around Damage Ctrl after how much she dealt with them earlier in the year, but it made some level of sense. And I was happy to see them not pretend Becky and Charlotte have just been all buddy buddy again with how reluctant they had Charlotte be in making the call. 

The first two matches were well worth catching and easily the best matches tonight. None of the segments were great, but they served their purpose in moving things along for Survivor Series.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

That was a super fun show with a hot crowd. And I'm loving how everything is intertwined and actually makes wrestling sense. I loved Cody just not being able to control himself because he's THE Babyface. Most importantly, I really dug Dragon Lee vs. Axiom. Axiom's Titan tron video that's telling me he's Good Will Axiom is awful, but he's good. Lee is fantastic and all I could think of was DEAN reviewing this Dragon Lee push and being full of joy for his Tiny PAUNTS.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 4

Meanwhile, on LVL UP:

Tatum Paxley beats Dani Palmer. This is a follow-up to Paxley abandoning Palmer in mid-tag match weeks ago, and might have landed a lot better with a bit more promo time beforehand? The ringwork ranged from questionable (some preemptive selling) to effective (Paxley's work on Palmer's leg starts really bad and gets much better). It's good that they didn't start with a collar and elbow since there's a personal issue behind this, but on the whole this was uncharacteristaically disjointed. Fans of tiny paunts will dig this one.

Riley Osborne d. Tavion Heights. Fun overall, but I don't think it had a clear dynamic aside from both wanting to win? Heights has some fun suplexes, Osborne got good air on sometimes-unnecessary flips. A few moments of miscommunication where everyone seemed uncertain, but that's what shows like this help practice dealing with. Osborne's pants, while not tiny, have cutout patterns that are more associated with distaff counterparts.

Edited by Iron Moose
  • Like 1

When I saw the photo of Santos in his Scarface outfit from last night my first impression was “Why is Roman dressed like that?”

Guessing Santos and Roman will be off doing their own things for awhile but there’s a slight resemblance. At least for a second or two until you realize “hey wait”

edit: attaching the pic I saw

Edited by Cobra Commander

10 hours ago, hammerva said:

Never mind the Carlito stuff online was fake.   Anyway Santos  saying he hopes Rey's leg gets infected and amputated is some next level heel shit

Yeah, this was a keeper of heel work. The infection is what really sells it. A lesser heel would just say “I hope your leg gets amputated.” But saying “I hope your surgery goes bad” and then saying you hope it leads to an infection and then amputation — that’s such a great specific detail and reflects on just how much thought Santos has given to hurting Rey. 

• Like 2

On 11/18/2023 at 12:25 AM, Eivion said:

Santos's segment went too long, but I thought it was generally solid. Still not sure where he can go without a faction the way Smackdown has been engineered currently. Still this did a good job of getting the audience to hate him even more after his dastardly attack on Rey.

I'm kinda wondering if they bring back up Humberto and Angel to give Santo a new Legado del Fantasma. Partially because I can't think of anyone else Hispanic on the roster for them to put with him.

• Like 1

Decent episode tonight. We got some movement on the King/Melo/Trick story, Dar and Gable had a dope match and we'll probably get a mixed tag soon. Tony and Stacks' new companion needs to tone down her voice a little bit since it's over the top but not in a funny way. 

When Dom announced the 4 way, I had to think about what former NA champs were still working for WWE and were not occupied with something. Ricochet was the only other option.

I'm mildly interested in the Chase U storyline, but I can't see how this ends without being stupid and I mean outside the normal parameters of wrestling stupid.

8 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

I'm mildly interested in the Chase U storyline, but I can't see how this ends without being stupid and I mean outside the normal parameters of wrestling stupid.

one idea I saw someplace was that Chase bet on Tiffany to beat Thea and then threw in the towel to ensure it happened.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

When Dom announced the 4 way, I had to think about what former NA champs were still working for WWE and were not occupied with something. Ricochet was the only other option.

Cameron Grimes is another possibility.