DVDVR Message Board

November 2023 Wrestling Talk

5 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

not sure if there's a good enough ex-backyarder who could present themselves as having paid an old wrestler money to claim to be trained by them

i've had the "identity theft" concept for an angle for awhile which likely would bomb horribly if done in real life

There was a guy who posted on here who did that! Came of DVDVR board, announced that The Rock was the greatest Worker of all time, and then pulled a YNBITR* on anyone who disagreed. And then when challenged on his own having been in the ring, told the story of how he was a Yarder, his backyard promotion got shut down by the city council and they were ordered to get proper training. So they went to one Wrestling school, acted like they were too good to be there and all got kicked out after a couple of sessions for refusing to learn day one basic drills. They found another... not school, but veteran worker and persuaded him to train them, and then they did shitty backyard garbage spots in front of him for a few weeks until he told them that they were fully trained and were ready to turn pro (it's fairly obvious he said that so that they would go away and leave him alone, and he knew they were going to ruin their bodies or get shot on pretty quickly if they tried to work any actual shows).

* You've never been in the ring.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, AxB said:

There was a guy who posted on here who did that! Came of DVDVR board, announced that The Rock was the greatest Worker of all time, and then pulled a YNBITR* on anyone who disagreed. And then when challenged on his own having been in the ring, told the story of how he was a Yarder, his backyard promotion got shut down by the city council and they were ordered to get proper training. So they went to one Wrestling school, acted like they were too good to be there and all got kicked out after a couple of sessions for refusing to learn day one basic drills. They found another... not school, but veteran worker and persuaded him to train them, and then they did shitty backyard garbage spots in front of him for a few weeks until he told them that they were fully trained and were ready to turn pro (it's fairly obvious he said that so that they would go away and leave him alone, and he knew they were going to ruin their bodies or get shot on pretty quickly if they tried to work any actual shows).

not sure if the city council working on the issue of getting backyard wrestlers trained only to get worked was in a really small town or in a suburb

The Natural's top ten CM Punk matches:

10. CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar. WWE SummerSlam 2013.

9. CM Punk vs. The Undertaker. WWE WrestleMania XXIX.

8. CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan. WWE Over the Limit 2012.

7. CM Punk vs. John Cena. WWE RAW, 25th February 2013.

6. CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe. ROH World Title Classic 2004.

5. CM Punk vs. MJF. AEW Revolution 2022. *****.

4. CM Punk vs. MJF. AEW Dynamite, 2nd February 2022. *****.

3. CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe. ROH Joe vs. Punk II 2004. *****.

2. CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe. ROH All Star Extravaganza 2004. *****.

1. CM Punk vs. John Cena. WWE Money in the Bank 2011. *****.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh man... Have I got some unfortunate news about women's prisons for you... 😕

15 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

i'm going off of MSNBC Lockup episodes where women's prisons are loaded with women who could plausibly be driving semitrucks who are in prison because they murdered their husbands

I will give you this:

If you're a man with low self-esteem, one trip across the open boulevard of a women's prison will make you feel like a minted million.

But yeah, even women's jail units are pretty rough.  The prisons ... well, their contraband is decidedly different from men's.  And a lot more women in prison fights go right for disfiguring the face.

The above is based on my experiences.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, nate said:

I will give you this:

If you're a man with low self-esteem, one trip across the open boulevard of a women's prison will make you feel like a minted million.

When I worked in news I made quite a few trips into prisons and can confirm this. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AxB said:

Was this CM Punk pre Fat Spanish Waiter phase or after that? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

The Natural's top ten CM Punk matches:

10. CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar. WWE SummerSlam 2013.

9. CM Punk vs. The Undertaker. WWE WrestleMania XXIX.

8. CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan. WWE Over the Limit 2012.

7. CM Punk vs. John Cena. WWE RAW, 25th February 2013.

6. CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe. ROH World Title Classic 2004.

5. CM Punk vs. MJF. AEW Revolution 2022. *****.

4. CM Punk vs. MJF. AEW Dynamite, 2nd February 2022. *****.

3. CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe. ROH Joe vs. Punk II 2004. *****.

2. CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe. ROH All Star Extravaganza 2004. *****.

1. CM Punk vs. John Cena. WWE Money in the Bank 2011. *****.

You had me at No. 6.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nate said:

But yeah, even women's jail units are pretty rough

Not to fantasybook Sunny’s prison stint but I suspect that the best group of prisoners for her to hang around would be people that don’t know who she is since there’s all sorts of drama being a former celebrity in a prison.

If I had to break it down farther, her stint would be more enjoyable if she doesn’t get into shit with the New York/Northeast natives who ended up imprisoned in Florida. In the scheme of things, don’t get into blood feuds with any organized group of prisoners would be helpful too.

EDIT: “lay low and don’t get into bullshit” could be generic advice here but usually people who would lay low don’t end up in prison for a decade-plus.

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, FourPostMassacre said:

Was this CM Punk pre Fat Spanish Waiter phase or after that? 

I'll always find it impossible not to like Punk for the secret best bit of meta weirdness in internet history. I just love the idea of him researching the history of Liverpool FC and spending hours posting in the footballsoccer thread just so he can go undercover as an Englishman living in Canada to troll himself on a wrestling forum for months on end.

If Tony Khan was a real DVDVR guy he'd pay Rafa Benitez to unveil himself as The Devil and cost himself millions driving away confused fans just for the sake of the world's greatest possible, multi layered in-joke.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, SturmCRF said:

I'll always find it impossible not to like Punk for the secret best bit of meta weirdness in internet history. I just love the idea of him researching the history of Liverpool FC and spending hours posting in the footballsoccer thread just so he can go undercover as an Englishman living in Canada to troll himself on a wrestling forum for months on end.

If Tony Khan was a real DVDVR guy he'd pay Rafa Benitez to unveil himself as The Devil and cost himself millions driving away confused fans just for the sake of the world's greatest possible, multi layered in-joke.

I totally forgot it was the soccer board that finally got FSW banned. 

Honestly as a DVDVR in-joke the best reveal ever for the AEW Devil would be Antichristo recreating his classic promo...

• Like 6

Man, ESPN really picked a doozy of a photo to post of Sunny.

Especially tough, since just yesterday, Tommaso Ciampa was a part of this rather good chest workout video from Renaissance Periodization.  And during that, he was asked who his favorite WWE people were.  Naturally, she came up as his crush, and that old promo photo is just...I mean, goddamn.  GODDAMN.  There is no such thing as rock bottom; you can always fall further.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Man, ESPN really picked a doozy of a photo to post of Sunny.

Especially tough, since just yesterday, Tommaso Ciampa was a part of this rather good chest workout video from Renaissance Periodization.  And during that, he was asked who his favorite WWE people were.  Naturally, she came up as his crush, and that old promo photo is just...I mean, goddamn.  GODDAMN.  There is no such thing as rock bottom; you can always fall further.

She looked incredible when she went into the WWE Hall of Fame back in 2011.  She cleaned up, got back in shape, looked and sounded great.  It sounds silly now but I was really proud of her knowing how low she'd fallen even back then in the 00's.  I always thought that that not leading to her getting another run or a job with WWE contributed to her further downfall because she was back to being a mess pretty quickly after that

• Like 3

On 11/28/2023 at 12:26 AM, Cobra Commander said:

If she serves the full terms successively (which I'm doubting) then the sentence goes into 2041 when she will be 67-68. Even in Florida, i'd imagine that if you're in prison and you're not a total idiot, your release date gradually moves closer (also probability-wise, I'd think women's prisons are less violent than men's prisons). Any rehabilitation that actually happens in prison is probably a happy accident since the interest in rehabilitating people isn't necessarily that strong. But getting Tammy away from drugs/alcohol for a period of time would be a huge benefit to her (I mean, it's possible to still get fucked up on stuff in prison, but this is as close to involuntary drug rehab that they're gonna get)

Saw someone say that in Florida 85% is the minimum time you can serve.

29 minutes ago, Log said:

Hold up. What now?

When the Colt pod happened, and he was talking about having a large staph infection lanced, they put out a supercut of raw footage focusing on that area to show that he was exaggerating. I think it was just on their regular YouTube channel or somewhere on .com, I'm gonna see if I can find it

Edit: here it is on TMZ:

https://www.tmz.com/2015/02/20/cm-punk-wwe-lump-back-royal-rumble-no-complaints-bs/

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Thanks 1