DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCTOBER 2023

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, ExcellenceofAirPollution said:

Anyway, in praise of Tony I'm impressed the way he's been able to work with NJPW, AAA and now CMLL with all of the delicate politics involved.  

This is worth mentioning! I’ve always been impressed with this about AEW. Although I’m not huge on the amount of belts we regularly see from other companies, it is very cool that AEW is very much in the Wrestling Universe and actively referenced rivalries and wrestlers from other companies. Kingston vs Shibata being King’s Road vs Strong Style was cool as hell. Seeing AAA stuff and now CMLL stuff is wild. New Japan guys like Ospreay and Sabre jr is very very cool. The Suzuki pops still make me so happy. AEW is a beautiful thing.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I forgot to do the Black Tigers! But that's easy too, Rollerball Rocco and then Eddie, and I think that's it?

Ricky Reyes and Rocky Romero were also Black Tigers at various points in time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

We've already seen Octopuscito, you'll have to get permission for that after he grows up.

El Hijo del Octopus 2 Jr 

46 minutes ago, Matt D said:

If I'm ranking Rocky, Silver King, Eddie, and Rocco, I have Rocco as #4, especially as Black Tiger. He bugs me in that role.

Rocco wasn’t for everyone, that’s for sure. What do you think of his UK work?

5 hours ago, Godfrey said:

And the third iteration can be El Hijo del Octopus II

5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

We've already seen Octopuscito, you'll have to get permission for that after he grows up.

2 hours ago, Godfrey said:

El Hijo del Octopus 2 Jr 

So here’s the Octopus-gun as we know it.

Me - Octopus

My Son / lil Octopus - El Hijo del Octopus

My future grandson - El Hijo del Octopus jr

My replacement (I’m voting for Japanese Letters aka the artist formally known as DZ if he wants a new name and would bring honor to my gimmick) - Octopus II

DZ’s kid - El Hijo del Octopus II

DZ’s grandkid - El Hijo del Octopus II jr

the pattern goes on from there. We can also include other variants like Blue Octopus, Red Octopus, Steel Octopus, Octopus D if @Matt D ever gets tired of treadmilling on land , etc. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3