DVDVR Message Board

September 2023 Wrestling Discussion

1 minute ago, Robert S said:

The hardest to me are people you would expect to be dead because of the ... demographic they belong to. I mean how many 80ies fat guys besides One Man Gang and how many 80ies roid freaks besides the Warlord are still alive? So my brain always wants to put them into the much larger group of dead guys fitting those descriptions.

Same, however, I always remember that Warlord is still alive just cause he pops up (a recent Dark Side ep in fact) every now and again. Guys who been away out of the limelight for awhile is a bit tougher.

11 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I thought Warlord died this year, glad to see he didn't.

Hopefully, for Wardlow's sake as well this doesn't happen cause social media is known to run rampant with bad info. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I mean Barb, just like Cage, was a certain size early his career and then absolutely blew up.

Barbarian was huge from as long as I can remember, around 84/85. Was there a time in his career when he was noticeably smaller?

10 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Barbarian was huge from as long as I can remember, around 84/85. Was there a time in his career when he was noticeably smaller?

Yeah, when he was King Konga in Memphis. He was still much larger the average wrestler but not to the gills like JCP era Barb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

PWI 500 Top 10-

1 – Seth Rollins
2 – Roman Reigns
3 – Jon Moxley
4 – Gunther
5 – Hijo Del Vikingo
6 – MJF
7 – Kazuchika Okada
8 – Orange Cassidy
9 – Josh Alexander
10 – Cody Rhodes

Ha! I see what they did there!

• Thanks 1

In 2014, and I just got done watching The Shield run through some fools. And you were to tell me that Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose would rank as the top 3 on the PWI 500 almost a decade later….

I would probably believe you, in all actually.

• Like 2

if we use the insane person method to create a tournament from the PWI 500, then the bottom 104 face each other in play-in rounds for a chance to face the top 52

then the other 344 face off (53 vs 396, and so on)... so, take your pick in matchups like Jacob Fatu vs Dolph Ziggler (56 vs 393), Tyrus vs Arez (58 vs 391), Hobbs vs AR Fox (59 vs 390), Kojima vs Karl Anderson (60 vs 389)

Other pairings i'm spotting: Nakamura/Evil Uno, Janela/Jeff Cobb, Matt Riddle/Carlito

I'm gonna guess that Hobbs vs AR Fox would be a fun 7 minutes or so. Also, is Dolph still in good enough condition to bump like Jacob Fatu's murdering him?

• Like 1