DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 6/14/2023

Still need Bryan Danielson vs. Zack Sabre Jr. Problem is the NJPW World Television Championship time limit of 15 minutes when you need them to go longer still.

You mean to tell me a 15-minute "sprint" with those two wouldn't be incredible? Even better, you use that to build to a longer match where they waive the 15-minute limit.

• Like 6

You mean to tell me a 15-minute "sprint" with those two wouldn't be incredible? Even better, you use that to build to a longer match where they waive the 15-minute limit.

Oh it would, I'm just a greedy git wanting instant gratification ;). Problem was the wrong word to use.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Essen and Federal are beloved local institutions. They used to have FedNuts at Citizens Bank Park, even. Nothing tourist about any of those. I actually have not had Essen yet but the real headz know the best Jewish delis are Murray’s and Hymies’s in Lower Merion. They’re decades long rivals across the street from each other in an Orthofox neighborhood. They bring it.

Love this for future me.

Still need Bryan Danielson vs. Zack Sabre Jr. Problem is the NJPW World Television Championship time limit of 15 minutes when you need them to go longer still.

The solution is Danielson beating Shibata for the Pure Title and … wait that has a time limit too.

• Like 2

AEW is definitely feeling more like the early days again where it's possible for roster to have overlapping storylines. Elite beefing with BCC while Kenny has his own thing against Takeshita and Callis while having to watch his back against Ospreay too. Kingston's beef with Claudio has it's own baggage because of King's friendship with Mox. I remember the first Dynamite (in that building) ending with EVERYBODY FIGHTS~ too so that was a nice callback.

liked Cole/MJF but I think Cole works way better as a heel. I know My Jewish Friend ate a pin in the iron man match with Danielson but I feel like he should be taking any kind of loss until actually drops that belt. The 30 minute draw was solid finish from a storytelling perspective. Little things Max does too like grabbing Cole's kneepad so he can't properly set up the last shot. During the lockdown days, Tanahashi really became one of my favorite wrestlers. I went to a Rev Pro show before G1 Supercard that had Tana/Ospreay vs. Suzuki/ZSJ on it and while the entire crowd was there for the king, when Tana came out I had this moment of, "shit, I get it now." The dude has this incredible aura to him in person. I say this because..... I'm gonna be rooting him for hard at Forbidden Door even knowing he's not winning that one. .... Go Ace 

More Character History! I liked that they addressed Sammy and Jericho's separation during Sammy's chase and that each of these characters are having their own personal battles after Double or Nothing. Jack knowing his journey isn't over, Darby knowing he has to start over, and Sammy reexamining his life especially with a daughter coming. If they do this right, I think this can be a great storyline of Sammy finally "growing up" and breaking away from Jericho. And Jericho's not exactly wrong, a lot of what Sammy has was because of his time in the Inner Circle. Also, Le Sex Gods was  super underappreciated tag team in AEW history so glad we're getting one more match with them (at least).

When Sanada made the open challenge and OC came out for the next match, I was hoping that would be the match. At least for OC and Sanada standing by quietly while TAKA, Chuck, and Trent did all the talking. Jack/Sanada should be a fine match and I'm totally in for OC/Zack. Hoping/Praying we finally get Danielson/ZSJ at Wembly though. 

• Like 6

Did anyone else see the word No appear on screen during the 8 man? Intriguing.

I saw it and thought it might have just been my stream at first. Apparently on an April Dynamite YES NO flashed on the screen. Clearly the Zodiac is about to make his return

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

The first ever Sabre vs Danielson match when Zach was a string bean with Bieber hair, it went to a double pin. Sabre asked for five more minutes. Danielson went into the crowd to ask a young girl if she wanted five more minutes. She said no, half an hour.

• Like 4

Great ending. Great show.

This isn’t an exaggeration, but every time Eddie’s music hits, you’d think it was Steve Austin coming out to whip someone’s ass.

TK, I’m begging you, build to MJF vs Eddie at Grand Slam and put Eddie over. If it doesn’t work, you can just have MJF win the title back. But even after Kenny comes out and the crowd pops for him the crowd is right back to chanting for Eddie.

And that run in by Ospreay was so wild and unexpected.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

This isn’t an exaggeration, but every time Eddie’s music hits, you’d think it was Steve Austin coming out to whip someone’s ass.

TK, I’m begging you, build to MJF vs Eddie at Grand Slam and put Eddie over. If it doesn’t work, you can just have MJF win the title back. But even after Kenny comes out and the crowd pops for him the crowd is right back to chanting for Eddie.

THIS. Eddie Kingston should be the next AEW World Champion. Give Mad King the big belt and not the ROH World Championship. Testament to Eddie he's still so over. Still pissed Eddie Kingston didn't beat Miro for the TNT Championship at All Out 2021 or Grand Slam Dynamite 2021. Be all worth it he defeats MJF for the biggest title going.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Thirded, Craig & Natty - I was saying something similar in another thread this week. I think Steve Austin, apart from being the biggest star ever, is a great comparison for Kingston because's got the same Austin everyman vibe of 'everyone knows a dude like this.' 

And this is going back a ways, but when they were building to Kingston/Jericho a while back (I wanna say last February?) I was there for the go home show, and can confirm: I've seen Hogan, Flair, Michaels, Rock, Foley, HHH, Jericho with both companies, Cole with both companies, and a litany more in the same arena: Kingston's pop rivaled them all. All. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I forgot how funny the OC segment was when he says to Renee “we know how this goes now, I start to say something and then someone walks in from over there” and then Renee turns her head and ZSJ walks in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I’m all for a Kingston title win. Especially in New York. But that sounded like ‘Kenny, Kenny’ to my ears. Question mark?

• Like 1

I’m all for a Kingston title win. Especially in New York. But that sounded like ‘Kenny, Kenny’ to my ears. Question mark?

Dude, I heard 'Eddie, Eddie' too but you make a really good point. Kenny certainly, based on his body language, thought they were chanting 'Kenny' but I'm honestly not so sure. I'm gonna have to rewatch that later

Quick edit: Also, re: Sanada I was kinda surprised it wasn't gonna be Punk answering the challenge (not that it's necessarily a good idea, I just thought we might be heading there). But I'm pleasantly surprised with the Jungle Man Jack pick, and I think they'll have a really good one, though their work is certainly cut out for them with the rest of the card being what it is so far. 

I'm sure we're building to something between them, but I'm kind of into Jungle Boy and Hook's promo dynamic, it's very Penn and Teller or Jay and Silent Bob

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 1

Definitely sounded like 'Eddie' to me.

Jungle Boy turning on Hook to take his belt is probably gonna be pretty sick when it happens.

As an old Taz/ECW guy I love the FTW title being on TV, but with Team Taz having long been dissolved, and 3 other men's titles having been activated in the time since it's debuted (TNT, Int'l, and Trios) I can't help but wonder if it's outlived it's usefulness.

EDIT: Not to mention the ROH titles...

Maybe a good path would be Perry turning on Hook, taking the FTW from him, and solidifying his new-found mega-heel status by being the one to beat OC and unify the FTW with the Int'l

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 1