DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 6/14/2023

There really doesn’t seem to be a ton of noticeable reasons for the dips and spikes in the viewers. It always seems like the blow away shows dip in the ratings and then some random show spikes up. I kinda stopped paying attention to it, although obviously I’m super curious about what the next deal ends up being. 

The reason is Adam Cole.

;). 
(I promise I’m being cheeky.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Wouldn't Cage have been too short for 1987 Vince? Because he's nowhere near 6 feet tall, and Vince's size-markism went up as well as sideways.

Cage is probably a legit 6’ even making him taller than Ordorff and probably carries more mass than him as well. Vince would have loved having him go around the horn against Hogan 

• Like 1

Cage is probably a legit 6’ even making him taller than Ordorff and probably carries more mass than him as well. Vince would have loved having him go around the horn against Hogan 

This post is meant to be purely informational. I stood a foot or so from Brian Cage at an indy a few years back and I was at least 4 inches taller than him. I'm between 6'1 and 6'2.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention it before.  But I too saw the “NO” graphic on screen (I think) at the start of the 8 Man tag.  No clue what that was about.

People have been talking about it on Twitter. And a time that happened in April during a verbal confrontation between Jack, Sammy and Darby. The show goes up on NJPW World for Japan-based viewers about half a day later and I didn't see it pop up at all. I checked the other show and I didn't see it then either.

• Like 2

People have been talking about it on Twitter. And a time that happened in April during a verbal confrontation between Jack, Sammy and Darby. The show goes up on NJPW World for Japan-based viewers about half a day later and I didn't see it pop up at all. I checked the other show and I didn't see it then either.

So that’s twice during Darby segments then. I wonder who or what it’s for then. 

This post is meant to be purely informational. I stood a foot or so from Brian Cage at an indy a few years back and I was at least 4 inches taller than him. I'm between 6'1 and 6'2.

So that means he's "Pro Wrestling 6 foot."

I’m so glad they only had Art do the one PPV as that was more than enough. 

I'm still salty about that show.  My roommate and I bought front row tickets as soon as they went on sale in like January.  We were so psyched for months, just fucking HYPED about our front row PPV seats.

Then they put two new rows of seats packed with of athletic commission people, dignitaries, and assorted bootlickers in front of us.  Fuuuuuuck.

If I pause it just right, I can still catch 1994 me on Peacock.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 5

So that means he's "Pro Wrestling 6 foot."

I'm still salty about that show.  My roommate and I bought front row tickets as soon as they went on sale in like January.  We were so psyched for months, just fucking HYPED about our front row PPV seats.

Then they put two new rows of seats packed with of athletic commission people, dignitaries, and assorted bootlickers in front of us.  Fuuuuuuck.

If I pause it just right, I can still catch 1994 me on Peacock.

Okay I didn’t expect this reply, and I’m gonna say you should win today just for referencing the assorted bootlickers. I’m watching Justified for the first time, and that totally fits with what you’re saying. 

That’s so stupid too putting athletic commission people there. I always thought they just had a physician backstage. 

• Thanks 1

99% sure the “NO” thing was a production snafu. Looked like they started to take another cam and accidentally faded to that for a second. Not sure what they use those graphics for, but fairly certain it was just a mistake. 

16 minutes ago, Log said:

99% sure the “NO” thing was a production snafu. Looked like they started to take another cam and accidentally faded to that for a second. Not sure what they use those graphics for, but fairly certain it was just a mistake. 

Who's to say Jimmy Jacobs isn't already hard at work, retconning this into the Spooky Naoya Ogawa gimmick the world has been crying out for?

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 5:03 PM, Pete said:

So what was Mox visibly conveying to the Bucks at :56?

I saw that in real time. It's like come on, Mox... you can't use Rick Knox as the middle man or something?? That's Indy-rrific stuff there.

• Like 1

After I introduced myself to the board by establishing myself as an Adam Cole disliker it's probably fair enough to mention when I enjoy one of his matches and the thirty-minute draw was good stuff. Cole spent most of the first half taking a beating and the match never felt 50/50 - it was Cole hanging with MJF long enough to get a foothold which he then pushed at. I can't get on board with the Panama Sunrise and, as others have said, the timekeeper could have upped the drama a bit in the last five minutes (the finish took me completely by suprise) but otherwise I thought this was pretty good. I'll never watch it again, but pretty good. 

One thing that I really like about MJF is the consistent way he will avoid having matches with whomever he's got beef with at all costs but once he does finally get into the ring you know he's going to deliver at a high level. I might have a wider point to make about the idea that the title in AEW very often feels like it's the second or third most important thing happening in the promotion and I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's probably one for the navel gazing thread and it's fairly likely that it's not a wholly original thought anyway. 

I do like both title matches for Forbidden Door. They're tricky ones to get right because the challenger has to be credible but not so top-tier that the obvious loss is going to hurt them. 

Main event banged, obviously. Jericho's shoes were great. I enjoyed the ZSJ/Cassidy promo and the match should slap. Good show all around. 

• Like 4