DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 4/19/2023

The Natural

Ah, it's the big name Originals, maybe they'll finally get a win. I secretly hope that the Outcasts start a beatdown and then Willow and Skye Blue wait a minute, casually run out, and then just stand and watch. 

• Like 5

Grabbed a front row seat for this one yesterday. They released extras. $65. So if you see anyone in a red Gorilla Monsoon shirt that's me. My first AEW event(not counting a Dark taping at Universal)

IMG-9038.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Peck said:

Grabbed a front row seat for this one yesterday. They released extras. $65. So if you see anyone in a red Gorilla Monsoon shirt that's me. My first AEW event(not counting a Dark taping at Universal)

IMG-9038.jpg

Will you stop!?

Couldn't resist. Enjoy!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peck said:

IMG-9038.jpg

You made me check out the Austin availability and the front row seats anywhere near the ring are currently still several hundred dollars.

13 minutes ago, JLowe said:

You made me check out the Austin availability and the front row seats anywhere near the ring are currently still several hundred dollars.

These were just released yesterday. In fact, about an hour ago they just released the entire rows 5 & 6 on the floor facing hard cam. For face value($90 + fees).

So I'd wait until a couple of days before the show and check back. You'll probably be able to get really good seats at face value at that point.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AxB said:

Danhausen is injured. Torn pec. Out for a good while.

I was thinking about this recently especially in light of Shane McMahon getting hurt. Are torn pecs and quads exclusive to pro wrestling? I don't follow every sport, but I do follow a bunch of them. How hard do you have to work to tear your quad? Pro wrestling seems to have the strangest recurring injuries. 

15 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

Football is the only other sport I can think of with torn pecs. Probably other combat sports too. Quads I've seen in basketball, football and volleyball. Track wouldn't shock me either.

That was a time I vaguely remember some years back in WWE was there was like run on torn pecs and biceps, and the conclusion damn near everyone came out with is guys were just working way too hard in an effort to get bigger.

6 hours ago, Peck said:

IMG-9038.jpg

If I see you, I will definitely say hello!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I remember someone in the late 80s tearing their pec from the bone. Thinking it was Scott Steiner when he tried to skin the cat in a match. 

Doing a little research, apparently, Rick Steiner suffered one while they were in Japan in 1992. Scott was out with a torn bicep in 1991. So we can cross out both of those on the Bingo card.

That one guy tore his pec and bicep doing a bench press contest on the Tough Enough auditions. The Daniel Puder season, where they got rid of The Boogeyman for lying about his age.

23 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Doing a little research, apparently, Rick Steiner suffered one while they were in Japan in 1992. Scott was out with a torn bicep in 1991. So we can cross out both of those on the Bingo card.

I guess Rick's injury is what lead to Scott's heel turn and tv title run?

12 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I guess Rick's injury is what lead to Scott's heel turn and tv title run?

Yeah, that was the reason. I knew he won the title then and was gone from WCW not too long afterwards cause the Steiners hated Bill Watts (Scott in particular), but I totally forgot the heel part.

I just watched a Raw from 1994 where the Steiners make an appearance after several months of not being on Raw. It's an extended squash where they basically allow Scott to do heelish shit on the jobber for 3 or 4 minutes. Just absolute whooping his ass and doing heel mannerisms. I wondered how long they were working turning Scott heel. Now that you bring it up, I am guessing it took 5 years to do it successfully.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LF2 said:

Nah he’ll randomly drop it back to Samoa Joe at Double or Nothing in a 3 Way.

You hit on something here, though. I'd argue now that ROH is firmly a streaming/PPV only product that it might be a cool selling point to unify the TNT and ROH TV titles - but I think Hobbs should go over Joe for them.

I just got out of surgery to get a skin graft on my sepsis ravaged foot and to lose my roast beef toe (I'm down to seven) so I'll watch the Pacific feed.  I saw the Jericho-Cole confrontation and I loved how I knew who on the board were irritated by what.  I thought is was nice- especially the EVIL of Saraya.  DADDY MAGIC and co didn't put up much of a fight.  Hey!  It's Sammy versus Jack Perry!  Battle of the PILLARS!  IT STARTS OFF HOT!  So many Spanish Flies on the floor!  This is good!  Perry does that Volador Jr bump over the guardrail in picture in picture.  I will be all about ALTERNATE FEEDS of the beloved AEW this week.  Sammy Guevara is our SECRET SUPER WORKER.  I don;t know why no one notices.  HOLY SHIT!  STEINER FUCKING SQUARE DRIVER BY GUEVARA!  WHAT THE FUCK!  So Sammy Guevara and Jack Perry OPT to have a dangerous, high angle, lunatic bump match.  I back your play 100%!  MJF interferes and makes the finish shitty.  SEE YA AT TWO!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Things I remember from this episode of AEW Dynamite

This is my first Dynamite episode in a few weeks. I've been watching bad baseball on Wednesday nights recently.

Jungle Boy, Sammy Guevara, and Darby do some talking. Eventually MJF comes out and we got a main event.

Most of the first hour is a blur. Britt/Hayter faced the outcasts.

Also, some talking from the Elite and then BCC comes out and there's attacks and counterattacks

White/Kommander had some neat spots

Don't really remember a lot about the 6 man

More talking with Jericho and Adam Cole, then the Outcasts become the Female Wing of JAS as Britt takes a beating in her home town.

I don't remember anything about Hobbs/Wardlow, but Luchasaurus came out at the end.

The main event was pretty neat, and then it ended on a countout.

A bit more talking on this show than a few weeks ago.

Wonder if there'll be any ratings bump in the last 15 minutes from people tuning in early for this USA/Mexico soccer game.

• Like 1