DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 4/10 - 4/16/2023

Dolfan in NYC

Bianca is wonderful but overprotected to the expense of the other roster members. She really shouldn't be champ anymore, and unless turn her heel they won't be able to keep her interesting as champ for the next year if they wait for Wrestlemania to do her vs. Rhea for both belts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Bianca is wonderful but overprotected to the expense of the other roster members. She really shouldn't be champ anymore, and unless turn her heel they won't be able to keep her interesting as champ for the next year if they wait for Wrestlemania to do her vs. Rhea for both belts.

At this point, I think she's champ through at least SummerSlam.  In September she'll catch Rockin Robin and Asuka for longest WWE women's reigns which makes her the longest non-Moolah champ ever.  

Plus frankly, right now, there's no one that should take the title from her -- unless they decide to unify the belts, then all bets are off. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

At this point, I think she's champ through at least SummerSlam.  In September she'll catch Rockin Robin and Asuka for longest WWE women's reigns which makes her the longest non-Moolah champ ever.  

Plus frankly, right now, there's no one that should take the title from her -- unless they decide to unify the belts, then all bets are off. 

If they weren't going to do it with Asuka, I can't see it with anyone at this point. Would love it to be IYO but she still needs to be built up some. Either way, Bianca's still super over so I don't see anyone just yet taking her down. 

My witch girls retained tonight so I was happy. 

Tiffany and Sol had a nice battle of the flippitys. 

48 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I should also mention that it's incredible to watch Dragon Lee.  He's like twice as fast as Rey.   

1997 Rey.  

AEW's loss is WWE's gain.  It really is funny how AEW has had all of the Gonzalez brothers under their roof at some point or another, but failed to put any steam behind Dragon Lee.  

Now he's got a higher profile in WWE than Rush or Dralistico do in AEW.... in barely two week's time.

• Like 2

If Asuka was built up more as a killer after the Royal Rumble I would not have minded her taking the title off Bianca and having Bianca chase for a bit but they opted to go safe on that feud and so I just wanted Bianca to retain as a result.  

I think her and IYO will have a great match but IYO hasn't been built up enough to take her down. 

Fyre & Dawn vs. Kiana/Fallon was good once again. Jensen finally breaking away from Briggs and Fallon was the big thing to happen at the end. It was ok in execution. 

Duke getting his MVP award was fun. Kind of dug Bron interrupting and tossing his spot in the no. 1 contender's match to Duke. Not sure what they are going for with heel Bron, but I don't dislike it so far.

Thorpe/Bernal was perfectly decent.

Stratton/Sol was a pretty fun battle of super athletes. Really hope we get it again in a year for the women's title. Both are already so much better than they should be given their experience. 

Cora's segment went long and I skipped ahead to Valkyria talking shit and kicking her. It wasn't bad but maybe didn't need to be in the ring or as long.

Ilja/Wagner was pretty decent while it lasted. Kind of curious what is next for Stone and Wagner. Honestly feels like the former should finally move on to manage on the main roster.

Joe/Tank managed to be a solid debut for Tank Ledger while also being a decent reintro of Joe Coffey and what he brings to the table. Considering the backstage segment earlier I do hope we get a Tank and Hank team for this year's Dusty Classic. The post match brawl with Schism and the Creeds coming in was fun.

The backstage segment with Tony D and Stacks eventually getting jumped by Pretty Deadly was surprising. Pretty Deadly as angry ass kickers feels weird but not entirely wrong either.

The 4-way was good stuff. Dug JD and Waller teaming up when it suited them. The focus around Duke was well done with the crowd getting pretty into him at various points. Duke carried himself well here. Still the star of this was Dragon Lee. The crowd was super behind him, and he looked fantastic once again. Curious to see where he goes in NXT. He could easily already be moved up to the main roster with how good looks in the ring and carries himself in general.

Solid show all around tonight. Women's tag titles was the highlight for me though the main event was just as good. Looking forward to Wes Lee vs. Dempsey next week. Should be a good showcase for Dempsey.

• Like 2

The funny thing about Sol Ruca is that she’s an incredible athlete, as evidenced by the effortlessly crisp flips, but she runs the ropes as slow and gingerly as a 30-year veteran after double knee replacement. Like a weird combination of Ricochet and “no bumps” era Honky Tonk Man.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Matt D said:

He'll never have anything as good as RUSH vs Casas or RUSH vs Parka certainly but very few wrestlers will.

vs. Rollins, vs (motivated) Brock,  vs. Rey, vs KO or Sami, vs Reigns  could all be otherworldly good. Hell, even Melo or Bron are gonna have some fucking bangers with this guy.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, EVA said:

The funny thing about Sol Ruca is that she’s an incredible athlete, as evidenced by the effortlessly crisp flips, but she runs the ropes as slow and gingerly as a 30-year veteran after double knee replacement. Like a weird combination of Ricochet and “no bumps” era Honky Tonk Man.

That's it! I couldn't quite figure out what was off about her but you articulated it well here. I know running the ropes is weird in the first place so I'm sure she'll figure it out eventually, she's too athletic to not figure it out.

It's E-LI DRAKE!  I mean L-A KNIGHT!  It's Xavier Woods!  Knight is a poor man's Chris Masters in the ring so he's pretty good.  Xavier Woods is the Stu Grayson of the New Day in that you don't notice all the crazy shit he does until he is in a singles match.  Like the REALLY GREAT Tope Con Hilo he hits.  They have a good little wrestling match.  I loved Woods COUNTER grabbing LA Knight's tights!  That's so old school.  IT's Santos Escobar!  Damien Priest is our secret superworker. I'm glad somebody is finally cashing in on LWO shirts.  I bought one back in the day from Big Lots after it was originally abandoned because WCW was run by total idiots.  Santos takes an early assbeating.  The crowd gets behind Escobar as much as a WWE crowd will.  These guys are good in the ring together.  Moonsault by Escobar FOR TWO!  The crowd is actually into it.  GREAT FINISH as everybody plays a part!  Damien Priest secretly rules!  It's REY!  This feud is fun!  Shinsuke Nakamura RETURNS!  ALLRIGHT!  It's MAdcap Moss!  I can watch five minutes of this since I can only watch live for the next couple of days and HEY! AEW! AEW!  They fuck up everything early.  Man, that was quick!  I have two minutes to watch Smackdown.  That was a good little episode of wrestling despite the Nakamura/Moss match.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2023 at 4:21 PM, Matt D said:

He'll never have anything as good as RUSH vs Casas or RUSH vs Parka certainly but very few wrestlers will.

RUSH vs. Dragon on Dynamite.

18 minutes ago, Dog said:

RUSH vs. Dragon on Dynamite.

RUSH is a totally different animal.  Dragon Lee is a great junior heavyweight and will bring the spectacular highspots and he is a great addition to the UK-influenced NXT, but RUSH is a main event ass stomper, the Mexican Stan Hansen.

• Like 1