DVDVR Message Board

April 2023 Wrestling Discussion

4 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

New wrestling crossword!

Thanks for doing these and the Summer Movie Blockbuster Pool, pal. Might this year see the return of the latter? I'm sure I'm the only person who has entered every year since the first in 2008.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

So are Sami and KO losing the tag belts or are they not going to have a tag title match at the Saudi show?

Hoping it's the latter as it's way too soon for the former. Fuck those Saudi shows.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Thanks for doing these and the Summer Movie Blockbuster Pool, pal. Might this year see the return of the latter? I'm sure I'm the only person who has entered every year since the first in 2008.

I want to, with that big Oppenheimer vs. Barbie showdown this year, and I basically told Rippa I was going to do it... I'm not going to have a ton of free time this summer, but I'll try to suck it up and run it.  Look for something this week maybe?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S.K.o.S. said:

I want to, with that big Oppenheimer vs. Barbie showdown this year, and I basically told Rippa I was going to do it... I'm not going to have a ton of free time this summer, but I'll try to suck it up and run it.  Look for something this week maybe?

Thanks, man. One of the best board traditions.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 2:21 PM, Dolphman 3000 said:

FMW used to run Kawasaki Stadium, which was torn down in 2003

Kawasaki Stadium was torn down in 2000 but the land was still used by FMW in 2001 then Fuyuki/his widow promoted shows in 2002-2004 there. I went by there in 2011 and they had turned the space into a football field for kids to practice/play on and anyone could just walk around the area freely. They have since turned into a football stadium for a Japanese Football league which means you have to pay to enter now. They also have began allowing wrestling shows to be booked there as Hard Hit and DDT booked it the last couple of years. Onita wants to book it next year for his 50th Anniversary show. 

As far as FMW running other stadiums they ran Yokohama Stadium in 1992 after running Kawasaki Stadium once in 1991, but they didn't do as well and they liked Kawasaki more and made Kawasaki their once a year home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Morrison could have gotten at least half of the Cody Rhodes treatment when he returned to WWE. He was a guy who left and became a top guy in a bunch of different promotions and they were hurting for lead babyfaces at the time he came back. Instead they had him be Miz's second banana right off the bat. Even with the Mania loss, it makes what Cody was able to pull off feel all the more impressive.

• Like 8

Sooo…

WrestleMania X ended with Bret Hart having faced (and lost to) Owen Hart and then beating Yokozuna.

WrestleMania XX ended with Chris Benoit (celebrating with Eddie Guerrero) after beating HHH & HBK.

WrestleMania XXX ended with Daniel Bryan (after beating and then being attacked by HHH) defeated Batista & Randy Orton.

Which top notch technical workhorse will win the main event at WrestleMania XL and which two superstars will he face?

Edited by Octopus

11 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Sooo…

WrestleMania X ended with Bret Hart having faced (and lost to) Owen Hart and then beating Yokozuna.

WrestleMania XX ended with Chris Benoit (celebrating with Eddie Guerrero) after beating HHH & HBK.

WrestleMania XXX ended with Daniel Bryan (after beating and then being attacked by HHH) defeated Batista & Randy Orton.

Which top notch technical workhorse will win the main event at WrestleMania XL and which two superstars will he face?

Sami Zayn beats Roman Reigns.

2 hours ago, Octopus said:

Sooo…

Main Event Jey Uso beating Roman and Solo Sikoa

• Like 1

Sooo…

Chad Gable beats Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins.

• Like 2

Sooo…

Ricky Starks over Adam Cole twice, just so @LF2 cries…

3 hours ago, Octopus said:

Sooo…

Cody defeats Roman,  only for it to turn out to be a Dusty finish. Sami who wins the MitB this year cashes in just as he grabs his belts to leave and Sami pins Roman Clean to end the show 

• Like 1