DVDVR Message Board

WrestleZAYNia XXXIX - 4/1 & 4/2/2023

Dolfan in NYC

13 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Wait with all the great matches on Night 1, the main event is John Cena vs Austin Theory  🤨

Theory should send Cena his entire paycheck for letting him get this 

Cena/Theory is the opener.  John Cena is also the biggest name that the ESPN watching public would know... thus the placement at the top of the card. 

Either Rhea/Flair or Usos/Habs is on last.  Leaning towards the latter as it'd send the crowd home happy. 

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Cena/Theory is the opener.  John Cena is also the biggest name that the ESPN watching public would know... thus the placement at the top of the card. 

Either Rhea/Flair or Usos/Habs is on last.  Leaning towards the latter as it'd send the crowd home happy. 

I saw that graphic and was worried. That would be such an odd way to piss off the crowd.

On 3/28/2023 at 11:08 AM, Craig H said:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'd fast forward through the shit when they're in prison and most Edie Falco scenes.

EDIT: Except when Edie Falco is also high as fuck towards the back half of the movie. No fast forwarding through that.

Edie Falco's not in Goodfellas. I'm guessing you mean Lorraine Bracco.

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

We also have the issue of one night being extremely loaded over the other one.  Night 2 is a 2 or maybe 3 match show while Night 1 is almost legendary

I thought they’d load up night two since night one runs opposite the NCAA Final Four.  Maybe the WM brand is big enough that they don’t lose fans to legit sports the way RAW and Smackdown do?

Was hoping to catch this weekend’s show, but it’s looking less and less likely,  I’m not sure I would stick with a 7-10 show anyway, even if if is spread over two nights.  It’s probably been 10 years since I tried to watch a WM (what year did Brock beat the Undertaker).

1 hour ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I thought they’d load up night two since night one runs opposite the NCAA Final Four.  Maybe the WM brand is big enough that they don’t lose fans to legit sports the way RAW and Smackdown do?

They may be hoping that the Final Four viewership will be down because of the lack of big name college basketball teams in it this year.

I thought similarly of last year's lineup. Night 1 was super stacked with Cody's return, Austin headlining, both Bianca/Becky and Charlotte/Ronda while Night 2 was all about Roman/Brock with the more 'fun' stuff around it like Zayn/Knoxville and the McAfee/Theory/Vince/Austin stuff.   I'm more into Night 2 this time around.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dogwelder said:

They may be hoping that the Final Four viewership will be down because of the lack of big name college basketball teams in it this year.

I can see that, but people around me are more into the tournament than usual because it’s been so unpredictable, so who knows.

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I feel the opposite Lol.  Night 2 looks like the much better show to me. 

I’m with you on this. What are the other obvious great matches on night 1 besides Sami&KO vs the Uso’s?

Part-time Cena loudly calling spots for Averagewhiteman Jones?

Washed Charlotte blowing shit and trying her hardest not to actually put over Rhea?

Logan Paul usually overperforms but he’s in there with the worst dude he’s gone one-on-one with.

The top 3 matches on night 2 look head and shoulders over all of that.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, EVA said:

The top 3 matches on night 2 look head and shoulders over all of that.

Night 2 looks perfect to me.  

Roman vs. Cody is fascinating in a number of ways and at worst it'll be "very good"  

Gunther vs. Sheamus vs. McIntyre is no doubt going to be a crazy hard hitting affair  

Balor vs. Edge in Hell in a Cell could veer into overbooked Edge nonsense territory but I think they'll keep it shorter and Demon Balor is usually a good time 

Bianca vs. Asuka should be fantastic.  They are both big match wrestlers and neither have had the chance to do it vs. each other. 

And then there's Lesnar vs. Omos which will be a spectacle event and probably kept really short and sweet.  

What's not to like? 

• Like 1

I'm another preferring Night 2 to Night 1. Night 2 has my most anticipated match of WrestleMania XXXIX in Roman Reigns/Cody Rhodes and my second most with GUNTHER/Sheamus/Drew McIntyre. I'm interested in all the matches on Night 2 whereas Night 1, it's Usos vs. Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens by far then Seth Rollins/Logan Paul and Rey Mysterio/Dominik Mysterio.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Since WrestleMania went to a two night event with WrestleMania XXXVI, Night 1 has always been better. Be interesting to see if Night 2 changes that.

I’d say at 37 night 2 was better. I’d take Asuka/Rhea and the Triple Threat over any two matches from night one. Then again I find the main event of night 1 overrated as it was 100% clear who was winning and the performers didn’t even try to hide it. At least with night 2 I thought there was a Chan e of Edge or Bryan going over (especially as Roman’s streak wasn’t really a thing yet).

This is the first Wrestlemania I will watch (er SKIM) since the 19th in Seattle - save for a match here and there. I'm mostly excited for Dom-Rey, and Gunther-Sheamus-McIntyre. Very interested in both Cody-Reigns and Charlotte-Rhea. Bianca-Asuka might be the sleeper. Asuka's so great, but has lost momentum with such a weak build. I love Sami and Kevin but such little interest in the Usos or there pursuit of the pretty meaningless WWE tag straps. Still, should be a good closing stretch. Edge's longwinded cheesewhiz promos negatively effect my interest in anything he does, but maybe he and Balor will provide some thrills. Brock-Omos, sure! Both 4 way showcase matches could potentially be better than my middling interest. I like a lot of the players, so we'll see. I'm a bit bummed Becky and Damage Control don't have something better. I barely cared about Trish or Lita in their prime let alone now at half speed. They unfortunately just remind me of the pre-historic Divas era better left forgotten. Not unlike Adam the Edge, Tyler Black Rollins' dogshit-awful talk segments (the little I catch before ffwd comes into play) lead me to forget how good he can be in-ring. I suspect he and Logan Paul could actually be pretty good. Theory-Cena, *yawn. I've never cared about John Cena (well, there was that fun early heel run), and not sure yet on Theory. He's still not really at a connection level to care enough about. I'll definitely be watching this on tape delay and hoping minus all the pagentry I'll be skimming right on passed that I can get the running time down to a cool 180 minutes. Expectations are in check and Supercard of Honor is the show I most care about, but kinda neat to see a Mania again.

Agreed with Natty on Night 1's being the best the last two years.  I got Bianca-Sasha as the best match at WM37,  I'd hear an argument for Roman vs. Bryan vs. Edge but Night 2 was only a one match show.  Night 1 had a very good Lashley-McIntyre brawl and a very good Rollins vs. Cesaro match as well and just flowed better.  

WrestleMania 38 isn't even close.  Night 1 had Austin and other cool shit.   Night 2 was a lot of comedy spots and Roman vs. Lesnar for the 467th time. 

• Like 1