DVDVR Message Board

February 2023 Wrestling Discussion

5 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I'll prepare my "AEW can survive and thrive without the Elite" talking points. 

Would Japan be his most likely destination?

Kenny said a couple years back that he had already been through everyone on NJPW's roster and there wouldn't be any fresh matchups, but then last month he said he wants to wrestle Shingo Takagi

But other than that...Omega running through WWE's roster would be a blast

The observer has notes about the free peacock for Xfinity subscribers coming to an end, which I’ve been enjoying. The free ride ends on 4/2, but xfinity subscribers can choose to sign up for peacock and get the next 6 months free. Then in October I would have to pay like anyone else. Not sure what I’ll do then. They have until October to really win me over and make all the ppvs can’t miss for me. Then I’ll pay for the service. When I cancelled the wwe network I thought I would never resubscribe, but here we are. 

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I'll prepare my "AEW can survive and thrive without the Elite" talking points. 

Would Japan be his most likely destination?

It's not like the Elite have any sort of story or screen appeal at the moment anyway aside from putting on great trios matches. Meltzer pointed this out last week I think, where it's just plain bad that Kenny has had literally no storyline since returning and neither have the Bucks really. But for Kenny, dude lost to Hangman, went out with an injury, returned injured with the storyline that he had to return to form, then they disappeared again due to the shit with Punk, and then they return with no story at all for Kenny and the Bucks except for having the 7 match series against Death Triangle.

And you look at what's happened in the meanwhile. The Acclaimed are one of the most over acts in wrestling and have been having good to great tag matches with everyone. SIOG propped up the tag division just fine for awhile. The Gunns are coming into their own. Top Flight just got put over by the Bucks. And that doesn't even account for the Lucha Bros, Kings of the Black Throne, and plenty of other teams.

I really, really like Kenny and the Bucks, but I wouldn't even notice if they simply just disappeared again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

It's not like the Elite have any sort of story or screen appeal at the moment anyway aside from putting on great trios matches. Meltzer pointed this out last week I think, where it's just plain bad that Kenny has had literally no storyline since returning and neither have the Bucks really. But for Kenny, dude lost to Hangman, went out with an injury, returned injured with the storyline that he had to return to form, then they disappeared again due to the shit with Punk, and then they return with no story at all for Kenny and the Bucks except for having the 7 match series against Death Triangle.

And you look at what's happened in the meanwhile. The Acclaimed are one of the most over acts in wrestling and have been having good to great tag matches with everyone. SIOG propped up the tag division just fine for awhile. The Gunns are coming into their own. Top Flight just got put over by the Bucks. And that doesn't even account for the Lucha Bros, Kings of the Black Throne, and plenty of other teams.

I really, really like Kenny and the Bucks, but I wouldn't even notice if they simply just disappeared again.

Remember when HOB put Brandon Cutler through a table not for personal reasons but because of who he associates with? then nothing?

3 hours ago, matt925 said:

The observer has notes about the free peacock for Xfinity subscribers coming to an end, which I’ve been enjoying. The free ride ends on 4/2, 

According to an email I got, current Xfinity subscribers will have Peacock free until 6/26.  

Peacock will no longer be free for new customers after April 2.  But, beginning April 3, new Xfinity subscribers will be offered a six-month subscription to Peacock at a discounted price.

I also googled Variety and a few other websites to make sure their articles said the same thing.

As an Xfinity customer, Peacock has been free to me since the beginning.  I only activated my account in January and began watching.  Wife and I are already out of shows we want to watch, so I can understand why they made the WWE deal.  

• Like 1

how many markets are having AEW and WWE shows so close to each other?

question inspired by how Laredo got a Smackdown on January 27th and a Dynamite on February 15th, and how my area has Smackdown on March 17th and Dynamite on March 22nd (in different buildings/cities)

Also, do we have any idea which promotion is announcing first? because it feels like WWE running markets first also means that they'll gobble up a lot of the interest and leave AEW with their diehards and not much else.

Gorilla Press Slam

Overhead Press Slam

Reverse Press Slam

Double Press Slam

Lariat

One-handed Press Slam

Warrior Press

Shoot-style Gordlow:

Guillotine

Open-handed slap

Roundhouse kick

Double wrist lock