DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 1/11/2023

The Natural

Just now, elizium said:

Some egregious spray tans on the show tonight. Adam Cole's pale fingers, Juice and Toni as the orange power couple, and Action Andretti's hair colour blending into his body

people were just getting a good tan in the weather that was hitting Los Angeles this week

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, just drew said:

Also, I still need someone to explain Adam Cole’s appeal to me. I still believe 90% of his popularity can be attributed to being HBK’s “guy” when nXt was at its hottest. 

He's great in the ring.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Also, I complained about this in the discord, but how dare they disrespect the 1989 Los Angeles Kings like that. They beat the Edmonton Oilers in game 7 at the Great Western Forum (I don't know who this kia is?) in the first round

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wasn't able to devote my full attention because, that's right, I'm in a hotel watching while working.

Page vs. Mox was what we wanted and what we expected, and now your 2022 AEW MVP and possible WOTY Mox gets his vacation even though I'm not wild about a fake concussion angle.

Hey, it's Adam Cole. Time to turn my focus back onto all the emails. He's happy to be back, I'll try and give him another try.

I think the JungleHook vs. Firm match was in here. Kept my focus on emails, only guy I really care about is Moriarty. Credit to Big Bill for getting a good jump and tuck on the T-bone.

MJF, on the other hand, has fully become Go Away Heat from me. So long-winded, so redundant, so predictable. I was worried it was going to kill the buzz I had for the upcoming match.

I did give my undivided attention to Takeshita and Danielson and I was fully rewarded. I know Matt D hated it but I loved it, multiple out of the chair moments (that NASTY brainbuster on the floor! The Everest German!), 5 stars from JLowe. Made Lard Lad look like a total killer, made Danielson look vincible, and then the show of respect at the end.

JAS-Starks/Andretti segment was just bad but maybe some good matches will come out of it.

Women's tag was great although it only got about 70% attention (not an insult to the participants, a timing issue). The Shida part was clever if nothing unique, a good way to advance the various angles and dissension. I'd probably have this as second best match of the night.

Ladder match was a big ol' spotfest that mostly left me cold. Probably because at this point they've run most of those big spots 2 or 3 times. I think match 5 might have been the best? Free Rey Fenix.

I've got a lot of AEW to watch/rewatch once I get home on Saturday. Because, as Dean says, AEW RULES THE FUCKING WORLD

Edited by JLowe
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have to ask. Is someone backstage trying to sabotage Ricky Starks? "Make sure to make fun of a person's speech impediment" doesn't seem like very sage advice to give.

I love AEW, and I will always watch and root for them. Having said that, between the misogyny and ableism lately, you would think it was AEW courting the Saudis, not Vince. Do better AEW.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, just drew said:

Also, I still need someone to explain Adam Cole’s appeal to me. I still believe 90% of his popularity can be attributed to being HBK’s “guy” when nXt was at its hottest. 

He's not for me, but it predates that. He was super over in ROH and other places before. I think he's better off as a face, with his moveset and uhhhh shape, which hopefully he will be since he got the welcome back promo

• Like 5

Easily one of the best Dynamites ever.

The best thing about Adam Cole's appearance was that it was a complete surprise. We had no idea he was showing up tonight. No teases, no make sure you tune in for blah blah blah. It was a complete surprise, a total rarity these days in wrestling. 

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, The Natural said:

FmPQxMEXgAARSzR?format=jpg&name=medium

tenor.gif?itemid=7250508

BUT WHO'S SIDE IS SHE ON!!!!

Hager gonna slap Pretty Rickys face off his face...

Once Hangman get's the belt back I want him to main event dynamite against Jeff Jarrett as sort of a neo- Flair v Magnum TA

Tony faking us out by making us thing he was introducing MJF was nice

two hours that really flew by

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Wasn't able to devote my full attention because, that's right, I'm in a hotel watching while working.

Page vs. Mox was what we wanted and what we expected, and now your 2022 AEW MVP and possible WOTY Mox gets his vacation even though I'm not wild about a fake concussion angle.

Hey, it's Adam Cole. Time to turn my focus back onto all the emails. He's happy to be back, I'll try and give him another try.

I think the JungleHook vs. Firm match was in here. Kept my focus on emails, only guy I really care about is Moriarty. Credit to Big Bill for getting a good jump and tuck on the T-bone.

MJF, on the other hand, has fully become Go Away Heat from me. So long-winded, so redundant, so predictable. I was worried it was going to kill the buzz I had for the upcoming match.

I did give my undivided attention to Takeshita and Danielson and I was fully rewarded. I know Matt D hated it but I loved it, multiple out of the chair moments (that NASTY brainbuster on the floor! The Everest German!), 5 stars from JLowe. Made Lard Lad look like a total killer, made Danielson look vincible, and then the show of respect at the end.

JAS-Starks/Andretti segment was just bad but maybe some good matches will come out of it.

Women's tag was great although it only got about 70% attention (not an insult to the participants, a timing issue). The Shida part was clever if nothing unique, a good way to advance the various angles and dissension. I'd probably have this as second best match of the night.

Ladder match was a big ol' spotfest that mostly left me cold. Probably because at this point they've run most of those big spots 2 or 3 times. I think match 5 might have been the best? Free Rey Fenix.

I've got a lot of AEW to watch/rewatch once I get home on Saturday. Because, as Dean says, AEW RULES THE FUCKING WORLD

I hate fake concussion/injury angles too putting the worry in watching wrestling fans. Both talking segments MJF and JAS went way too long.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, punkenhead said:

I have to ask. Is someone backstage trying to sabotage Ricky Starks? "Make sure to make fun of a person's speech impediment" doesn't seem like very sage advice to give.

I love AEW, and I will always watch and root for them. Having said that, between the misogyny and ableism lately, you would think it was AEW courting the Saudis, not Vince. Do better AEW.

Agreed.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, just drew said:

It's fun to chant along with ADAM COLE BAY-BAY. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Legit LOL Ricky Starks issuing a challenge for a match next week with Jake Hager that was already announced earlier on the show. Excalibur had to try to explain it. Piss poor coordination there.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2