DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Podcasts - 2023

On 9/9/2023 at 6:27 PM, Curt McGirt said:

I've never seen the Bock in WCW stuff. I grew up with JJ as commissioner though. I think it's something you'd have to experience episodically anyway due to the nature of the character.

As someone who grew up in the JCP era, it was always weird to see weasely, hit you with a loafer, JJ Dillon as a commissioner. The first live show I went to, the main event was an I Quit match b/t Dusty and Tully that Dusty won when he stopped JJ from hitting him with the shoe and then he hit Tully with it a bunch of times and ground the heel into Tully's face until Tully quit.

• Like 1

I think it's possible i'm gonna be able to listen to the entire episode of BTS this week before falling asleep (but it's possible I fall asleep listening in bed since i've been falling asleep before putting the phone up on the charger lately)

But it's a 4hr/20min episode this week (4:02 before the Patreon preview). It's a 5 day week since they did September 6-12, 1987 back in 2017 and September 19-25, 1987 in 2018.

3 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Conrad mentions the sleaze thread in passing on today’s Jarrett pod and Jeff chuckles in a way that you know that he knows exactly what that is. 

We're going to find out Jeff posts here, and it will be hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, zendragon said:

you know in his book Jerry Jarrett mentions using the Wrestling Classics message board for feed back (and I think the Torch) wouldn't surprise me if Jeff did something similar

Jerry posted under his own name at WC, I believe. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, twiztor said:

now i won't be able to read his posts in the MMA forum without thinking of MMA Jarrett.

You shouldn't be reading anything regarding MMA without it making you think of the single greatest mixed martial artist of all time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

All I remember about Wrestling Classics is that time some dude worked them into thinking he was an old timer and close friend on Lou Thesz and how there was a fake Buddy Rogers.  Or maybe that was the KM board.  Hilarious either way.

Edited by Technico Support

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

All I remember about Wrestling Classics is that time some dude worked them into thinking he was an old timer and close friend on Lou Thesz and how there was a fake Buddy Rogers.  Or maybe that was the KM board.  Hilarious either way.

That was KM. WC had a fake Trish Stratus working people, I think.

• Haha 1

If you heard them on BTS this week talk about the 1987 NWA convention in St Maartens, it just how happened Cornette was at that, since JIM Crockett took all the boys there as a vacation. It wasn’t quite the Caribbean vacation you might expect. 

I'm guessing if the St. Martin story came up on Cornette's podcast recently, it might have been in the "Jim Cornette reads where he was on his birthday in the territories"

I'll award one geography point if either Jim or Brian noted that the only border between the Netherlands and France is in St. Martin/Sint Maarten.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I don’t know think so. We did get to hear about the goat cheese burger he had there, which didn’t go down well, literally and figuratively.

okay when I read "goat cheese burger", I thought the meat was made out of goats, instead of it being goat-cheese on a burger

• Like 1