DVDVR Message Board

AEW/ROH Finances, Ratings, etc.

Log

Someone has to pay to get fast nationals. I don't think it's a coincidence (or a conspiracy theory) that we only seem to get AEW fast nationals when they're likely to have very low numbers.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Technico Support said:

As much as I like AEW and would love to be able to easily watch their back library, I'm not paying more than I already do for Max.  At $15/month, it's already overpriced. 

I'll agree with this. Especially with the strike effectively making it so that there's going to be nothing new or good on the horizon. After Winning Time, I'm not sure what else there will be to watch on HBO. I would say Adventure Time: Fiona and Cake would get me to keep subscribing, but it will be over at the same time as Winning Time I think. I'm basically going to be cutting Max in the near future, and then once Billions is done, I'll cut out Paramount/Showtime as well. 

If Max increases their subscription price now given the state of strike then they're fucking fools. 

• Like 1

AEW+ is $10 a month. Although why it’s in America Dollars, when that’s the country it’s theoretically not available in, I don’t know.

I'm not getting cable at my new place, so I basically either pay for a internet TV setup to watch AEW (my laptop is a work computer so I don't have VPN options) or just stop watching. Since Max has a lot of my wife's favorite Discovery shows now I would pay a little more for access to AEW that way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Collision ended up with 414k and 0.13 in P18-49. No idea about how it ranked for the night.

The demo is about in line with what movies used to do in that slot. Going against SummerSlam, I call that a win. 

Bucks and the women's division continue to be ratings poison.

Q1: Jericho Appreciation Society segment – 892,000 viewers, 354,000 in 18-49

Q2: Jericho & Don Calls segment/The Young Bucks vs. The Hardys – 839,000 viewers (down 53,000), 339,000 in 18-49 (down 15,000)

Q3: The Young Bucks & FTR segment/Adam Cole & MJF segment/Blackpool Combat Club promo – 805,000 viewers (down 34,000), 347,000 in 18-49 (up 8,000)

Q4: Rob Van Dam vs. Jack Perry – 861,000 viewers (up 56,000), 371,000 in 18-49 (up 24,000)

Q5: MJF & Adam Cole segment – 889,000 viewers (up 28,000), 425,000 in 18-49 (up 54,000)

Q6: Jon Moxley & Claudio Castagnoli vs. Lucha Bros – 844,000 viewers (down 45,000), 399,000 in 18-49 (down 26,000)

Q7: End of BCC vs. Lucha Bros/Kenny Omega promo/Swerve Strickland, AR Fox, Darby Allin & Sting segment – 850,000 viewers (up 6,000), 395,000 in 18-49 (down 4,000)

Q8: Anna Jay vs. Hikaru Shida – 790,000 viewers (down 60,000), 355,000 in 18-49 (down 40,000)
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

While both shows are doing a nice job of setting themselves apart from each other visually, I think Collision has a bit of a 'party'-like atmosphere at times that's kind of hard to beat - maybe the Saturday night placement or something. Dynamite needs juuuuust a little something to match that energy (cue the 'sell more tickets?' jokes). I found myself really missing the Daily's era during the Best Friends/BCC parking lot match on Rampage a few weeks ago - I was thinking maybe once spring '24 rolls around they ought to try touring Dynamite in amphitheaters using a similar set-up during the warm-weather months.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So, idk if this technically belongs here in the business thread, but AEW seems to be taking drastic measures to save their toy line. Sounds like they’ve instituted a product buyback to get those lingering Bucks, Nyla Roses and Jake Hagers off the pegs in favor of some new product. They’re also gonna be betting on some ringside exclusive offerings to help fund production in the short term. I think AEW made several mistakes early on: they overestimated demand based on a great initial launch, there were too many repeats early in the line, and distribution has been spotty at best. Their plan appears to be working, as I was able to cop Private Party, Ruby, Jamie Hayter & Owen Hart at retail this week.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I just saw the most random "Only At Target" branded Adam Cole in my Target's clearance section.  Never saw it in the regular aisle.  Maybe @just drew is managing my local store!  😄

I really just want Chuck and Trent so I can complete my Best Friends collection on my desk at home (I have OC).

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, elizium said:

According to Forbes, AEW is worth 2 billys.

People on twitter are reacting accordingly

It's worth way more than Corgan and Two Eagles combined!