DVDVR Message Board

AEW/ROH Finances, Ratings, etc.

Log

6 hours ago, 赤い竜 said:

I think people and fans and anti-fans should be realistic about Collision numbers and what's realistic goal wise, just to be fair to the new show.

Could expect the new Collision show to do better than most of the other Saturday shows. 

Below is one Saturday Cable ratings chart from ShowBuzzDaily

2023-6-10-Sat-FinalCable-LSD.png

I'm deeply entertained that the Hallmark Original Movie of the Week drew more men than women in the key demo. Could it be that Love's Greek to Me starring Torrey DeVitto is a barrel-chested, red-blooded action fest that I desperately need to drink beer to and grunt along with?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I'm deeply entertained that the Hallmark Original Movie of the Week drew more men than women in the key demo. Could it be that Love's Greek to Me starring Torrey DeVitto is a barrel-chested, red-blooded action fest that I desperately need to drink beer to and grunt along with?

There's nothing wrong with some men wanting to believe in love in a Mediterranian setting while dealing with an overbearing mother.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

Nice to see the Stanley Cup doing relatively well for once. 

It was actually the least watched final since 2007. As someone mentioned the the NHL thread, probably not surprising considering the teams, as I guess the Vegas curiosity factor has faded after 5 years.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sparkleface said:

There's nothing wrong with some men wanting to believe in love in a Mediterranian setting while dealing with an overbearing mother.

One of my secret joys over the last 5 odd years when going home for Christmas is that my mom has gotten hardcore into the Hallmark movies. We will literally spend Christmas Eve watching them all night. Sure they're all the same movie, but its a pretty fun movie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, elizium said:

It was actually the least watched final since 2007. As someone mentioned the the NHL thread, probably not surprising considering the teams, as I guess the Vegas curiosity factor has faded after 5 years.

I did say relatively. 😀

24 minutes ago, elizium said:

One of my secret joys over the last 5 odd years when going home for Christmas is that my mom has gotten hardcore into the Hallmark movies. We will literally spend Christmas Eve watching them all night. Sure they're all the same movie, but its a pretty fun movie

The ones outside of Christmas also give you a decent possibility one will involve Lacey Chabert, which is always a good time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, elizium said:

Last Christmas I was visiting my dad and Nanay in Virginia and we somehow got on Lifetime Movie Network and ended up watching 4 or 5 straight movies.

• Like 1

They always do a 'Christmas in July' movie block and were pretty excited for it. Nothing better than ex-sitcom stars reciting dialogue that makes RAW look like a Kevin Smith movie, while bundled up in scarves and winter coats in the middle of summer in some backwoods Connecticut town that gave 'em a tax break to shoot there. We watch a lot of ID channel and supermarket dollar-bin horror movies for the same reason, tbh with you - not sure what that says about us

• Like 1

based on the overnight rating I saw for Collision there’s a good chance it ends up being higher than the Dynamite rating from last week.

EDIT: Just under Dynamite’s rating.

816k / .33 / #3 for the night

Edited by Casey
  • Like 2

Knee jerk takes: Punk and Miro drawing numbers. Andrade, not so much.

Acclaimed as the low mark is interesting, wondering if the TV audience is cooled on them or just that they're in too much of a holding pattern and need to have a compelling angle again soon.

Edited by JLowe

36 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Acclaimed as the low mark is interesting, wondering if the TV audience is cooled on them or just that they're in too much of a holding pattern and need to have a compelling angle again soon.

i would think the double commercial break would be more to blame. But the Acclaimed probably need to actually do something. Max's rap wasn't great either. 

• Like 2

The problem with The Acclaimed is that they just come out and do the same segment over and over. The intro raps and matches are good, but just coming out to go "hey everybody, lets scissor!" is lame and they've done it a bunch of times. They also haven't done anything since losing the belts. There could have been a cool feud with the House of Black, but it was swept aside after one match

Edited by elizium
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, elizium said:

The problem with The Acclaimed is that they just come out and do the same segment over and over. The intro raps and matches are good, but just coming out to go "hey everybody, lets scissor!" is lame and they've done it a bunch of times. They also haven't done anything since losing the belts. There could have been a cool feud with the House of Black, but it was swept aside after one match

They pop a live crowd, which is important, but I think AEW should definitely take this as a sign that they can't just keep coasting on that.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is the proper thread, apologies in advance if not - might be more of a navel-gazer, since its purely hypothetical.

My lady and I were discussing Goldberg's free agency last night (she happened to see a transcript online of TK answering that question on the FD media call) and we got to having a mini-debate, so I thought I'd bring it here to get everyone's two cents:

In a perfect world, with all parties willing, and money being no object - if AEW were to make an overture to sign Dave Bautista for a handful of matches, do you think would WBD shut it down on the basis that he's a key star in one of Disney-Marvel's franchises (and is thusly 'in competition' with WBD's DC Comics)? 

We couldn't quite come to a consensus - I tend to over-value the 'corporate synergy' aspect of things because I grew up on WCW, and while obviously they were certainly hamstrung in many areas both content and management-wise at the time, I think there are also a great many instances where being part of the Turner machine benefitted them.

She, on the other hand, felt that if AEW could make big money with Big Dave, that the suits probably wouldn't have a problem with it, as long as they continue reaping the benefits of the AEW investment.

What's the temp here?

2 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Not sure if this is the proper thread, apologies in advance if not - might be more of a navel-gazer, since its purely hypothetical.

My lady and I were discussing Goldberg's free agency last night (she happened to see a transcript online of TK answering that question on the FD media call) and we got to having a mini-debate, so I thought I'd bring it here to get everyone's two cents:

In a perfect world, with all parties willing, and money being no object - if AEW were to make an overture to sign Dave Bautista for a handful of matches, do you think would WBD shut it down on the basis that he's a key star in one of Disney-Marvel's franchises (and is thusly 'in competition' with WBD's DC Comics)? 

We couldn't quite come to a consensus - I tend to over-value the 'corporate synergy' aspect of things because I grew up on WCW, and while obviously they were certainly hamstrung in many areas both content and management-wise at the time, I think there are also a great many instances where being part of the Turner machine benefitted them.

She, on the other hand, felt that if AEW could make big money with Big Dave, that the suits probably wouldn't have a problem with it, as long as they continue reaping the benefits of the AEW investment.

What's the temp here?

It'd be fine. Dave's a commodity all his own, not a Marvel guy who's "in competition" with any Warner property. He's already been in a couple Warner-distributed movies (Dune, Blade Runner 2049), and is going to be in one being released this fall (Dune: Part Two). 

If anything, the barrier would be Dave not wanting to do any wrestling and focusing on his acting. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

If anything, the barrier would be Dave not wanting to do any wrestling and focusing on his acting. 

He was obviously very unhappy with his WM30 run, but he seems quite happy with his retirement run and theoretically wants to let that lay.

• Like 2