DVDVR Message Board

AEW/ROH Finances, Ratings, etc.

Log

Bringing this here. New episode talks a little about the TV deal, but not as much as you might think.

https://redcircle.com/shows/2d7480ac-97b2-4af1-a4b5-ce41e8e2a0f8/episodes/499e2e84-998b-463e-afe1-bcefe91a11f4

Thurston reiterates that he forecast as high as a 4x increase back when, so that's my mistake for thinking he only said 3.5x. Since that was before the addition of Collision, maybe a 5x increase isn't so crazy after all. Somehow, WWE bros would still call it a failure.

Edited by Dog

It's redundantly clear that no one knows anything, but my gut leans conservative (Alvarez instead of Keller/Ryan Frederick) on a figure, something where AEW is just selling more TV product at a similar rate for now. It's kind of the path of least resistance. That, in and of itself is no small thing because it means more money overall, but I'd be happy to be wrong. We'll see tomorrow I guess.

Edit: we saw other things instead…

Edited by Matt D

38 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

MJF was part of the lowest rated segment of the show. Welp..

I haven't watched the show but at the taping all we saw was 10 seconds where he smacked the mic out of Renee's hand, was there more to it?

The Hogan-Gawker thing that aired on TNT last night got more viewers than Dynamite

Ratings For TNT’s Rich & Shameless Looking At Hulk Hogan vs. Gawker

Last night’s episode of TNT’s Rich & Shameless looked at the Hulk Hogan vs. Gawker legal battle, and the ratings have been revealed. The episode, which aired at 11:47 PM ET following NBA coverage, drew a 0.30 rating in the 18 – 49 demographic and 854,000 viewers. That number is down a bit from the most recent episode, which drew a 0.34 demo rating and 982,000 viewers. It must be noted however that the previous episode aired on a different day and time, namely Sunday May 7th at 11:27 PM

The episode ranked #6 among cable originals for the night, per Showbuzz Daily.

Edited by Dolphman 3000
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I mean, the game was a super-big lead-in. How many bars across the country had TNT on all night? If Rampage was moved there instead of Saturday, I'd bet you lunch it does a similar # 

That said, there are very few ways to frame a 21% YOY drop in the demo as a good thing...

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Main was higher than average in the demo but way lower overall. Weird.

When something that drastic happens, especially this time of year, I assume that a huge basketball game or hockey match was starting. But I could be wrong.

Going off WrestleTix numbers, Alvarez says they've sold about 7,500 tickets for the first Collision, which includes 500 tickets since Punk was confirmed last night.

I’m glad you tagged him, since he predicted that segment would have the lowest viewership of the show and people wouldn’t blame Adam Cole.

So I guess since the opposite happened, that means MJF is responsible and no one else.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LF2 said:

Nah that’s only if @just drew shows up and starts explaining how MJF is a god, and we’re all blessed to hear his wonderful shoot bs promos.

I’ve never once said that. And again, I thought you had me on ignore. You should be the biggest MJF fan there is. He’s doing the impossible and making Adam Cole compelling…