DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 10/23/2019

Dolfan in NYC

On tap from Full Sail:

TRIPLE THREAT FOR THE NXT NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP: Roderick Strong (c) vs. Dominic Dijakovic vs. Keith Lee

Rhea Ripley vs. Bianca Belair

Finn Balor on what the fuck he meant last week.

Pete Dunne/Killian Dain/Damien Priest attempt to use their words rather than their fists.  Inspirational. 

10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

It's a good thing this show is only an hour.  If I missed Lucha Bros vs. Private Party on AEW because of the words not fists summit, I'd be pissed off.

Hate to tell you, sir.  But the shows are two hours now.  That's why I watch AEW live and catch NXT on DVR afterwards.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

It's a good thing this show is only an hour.  If I missed Lucha Bros vs. Private Party on AEW because of the words not fists summit, I'd be pissed off.

AEW airs a repeat immediately after the first show airs.

Just now, sydneybrown said:

His "shoot shoot" gestures suggest he isn't.

Absolutely. But UE is super stale and just recently acquired all the gold. At this point, I'm sure there's no corner of NXT their poison can't infect. I'm paranoid. 

Won't be available in Canada till tomorrow. How was Ripley vs Belair?

7 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Absolutely. But UE is super stale and just recently acquired all the gold. At this point, I'm sure there's no corner of NXT their poison can't infect. I'm paranoid. 

Won't be available in Canada till tomorrow. How was Ripley vs Belair?

Really fun.  Belair is so much better than even a year ago.  Even though you know who's winning, they did a great job convincing me otherwise.

I don't watch weekly TV, but that was a great episode and I thought it was even better than the previous weeks when I was even at FS. I am definitely interested and will tune in next week.

Not sure how Anderson and Gallows are doing, but I think it would be cool to see them move to NXT and join Finn.

1 hour ago, sydneybrown said:

That was one of the best WWE heel turns in forever.  "Cool...Ciampa...Gargano...Balor...who is the fourth person gonna...WHAT?!?!?!?" 

Exactly. You were set up to believe you were going to get a preview of the opposing teams for the next Wargames when the turn happened.  (FWIW, I thought #4 was going to be Keith Lee.) Very well done. 

Bianca/Rhea was solid. Bianca is so much better than she was a year ago. The interference from Io made me think for just a second Bianca might actually win.

Team Kick vs. Duke/Shaffir was decent while it lasted. The title shot on the line felt pretty random though it will be nice to see Kabuki Warriors defending in NXT. I kind of hope they align with Io and murder Candice.

The 6-man tag was fun, and I love that Breezango are changing their entrance each time. Was nice seeing Swerve get a good showcase again.

Garza/Gallagher was fun though damn does Lio make for a terribly boring face.

The triple threat was damn good, but I clearly am going to have start recording NXT for an overrun because I totally missed the ending segment outside of Lee getting attacked. Saw the angle on youtube and it was great. Looking forward to seeing how heel Finn Balor works in NXT/WWE. He was on the obnoxious side in NJPW, but the coldness ere was different.

Fuck, heel Balor might actually make me watch NXT. And with what they're doing with the women... might have to watch AEW live and DVR this instead to watch after from now on.

I'm choosing to believe that Balor and Cole are cool with each other because they're both former Bullet Club members. Has Cole being a former member ever been referenced on TV?

So going forward, the top of the card is looking something like this - 

Cole/Ciampa, Gargano/Balor, Velveteen/Strong?, Dijak&Lee/UE

Also they're definitely going through with Riddle/Goldberg aren't they? I can't see Riddle using the jackhammer and commentary laying the Goldberg stuff on thick without Goldberg's permission and agreement to an angle. It's one of the most out there feuds they've had in years. It really should lead to Goldberg calling out Riddle on the main roster, it would be a waste (albeit attractive ratings boost) to do it at Full Sail. 

3 hours ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

Call it AEW's influence or not, but I liked how they had Cathy read out the card for next week in advance. Good to see they're not resting on their laurels and playing it safe with this.

They've been doing that for quite some time (normally Mauro or somebody does the voiceover) which is one of the main reasons while I always preferred them over Raw and SD.

@Casey they never mentioned Cole being in Bullet Club as of yet.  He was definitely in it but I don't think he lasted long enough to really be remembered much for his time in the group.  And debuting with UE wiped out any need to bring it up in the first place as it was a bunch of ROH guys invading NXT.  I loved Balor's heel turn though I'm hoping he doesn't join UE.

• Like 1

Amongst the best NXT ever. Absolutely fantastic episode.

Bianca/Rip, everyone (including Io) decided to show off HBK's school of overselling... and I loved it.

Riddle/Grimes was incredible. Grimes is like the American version Dunne, he wrestles so much heavier and bigger than he actually is. Best match either one has had, Takeover match on regular episode, immediate MOTY candidate.

6-man tag was tons of fun. Swerve is incredibly entertaining to watch.

Gallagher got thinner?

Strong/Lee/Dijakovic, the big guys still amaze me. Strong stealing the win was the heeliest of heel.

Oh, yeah there was a turn.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Beth playing the naive gal during the 6-man and cruiser weight match was hilarious. Her and McGuinness are developing a good repertoire.

Edited by turk128