DVDVR Message Board

ELIMINATION CHAMBER 2017 (SDL PPV)

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Raziel403 said:

You know the only way the match ends is Bray eating a RKO out of the Sister Abigail.  WrestleMania season sucks.

You shut up.

Also, I have said, repeatedly, for about 2 years now. All it takes to heat Wyatt up is just to actually book him like he should have been booked to begin with. A dangerous, intelligent madman. He beat AJ Styles in front of a VERY pro AJ crowd to win the WWE Title, and the crowd fucking loved it. Because people still love Bray Wyatt. Bray Wyatt was never dead. He could be a top of the card act any time they want him too. Now they just really need to let him be that.

• Like 4

Only saw the Chamber match and Orton/Harper but both were very enjoyable. I'm digging Orton working with guys like Harper, Gable and Jordan during this Wyatt run.

AJ's performance in the Elimination Chamber was as wild as expected. I don't know what he's going to do with Shane but he's going to find a way to make it great.

The problem with Orton isn't that he's bad, it's that he is painfully boring. He had one of the worst main event runs ever from SummerSlam to Mania 30, where crowds just died every time the champion was on screen, and other than that he hasn't changed his act up in a decade, despite multiple chances to. Even now, in the Wyatt family, he's still the exact same guy. And the higher up the card he goes, the more boring he gets.

That bitching aside, him and Harper tore the house down tonight.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

I am going to assume the "Thank You Ziggler" chant was more they are sick of candy ass jobber Apollo Crews.  But yeah it is Arizona

A little of column A...a little column b. Personally, I can't stand happy smiling Apollo. What's he so happy for? No one is ever that happy unless they're clinically insane or something.

The show was pretty good tonight. I'm not sure why they couldn't have just not done a Women's elimination chamber match rather than the 3 separate women's matches, but never the less it was a good show. Mickie/Becky I hope is a feud that keeps on going because there is potential with them two.

Is it me or does American Alpha still not have that special IT yet. It's like they still are in a holding pattern even as champions.God, I hope we don't see The Uso's get a run as champion's out of this. Can we just get The Revival on Smackdown all ready?

The chamber match itself was great. I loved that Bray finally won the title. But Orton being the one he has to face...ehhh. Damn Royal Rumble. I want to see Styles vs. Bray at Mania now after that ending.

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Ascension were already dead, they just didn't know it yet.

Still, this was like going out of their way to just utterly destroy them. They might not want to answer their phones.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, JCM said:

I love the Revival, and Dawson may be my favorite worker in the company but I don't know about them on the main roster. They are undersized and have a gimmick straight out of the mid 80's. They will win people over with their work if given the chance, but I'd feel better about it if Alpha(or any of the other face teams) were actually over.

I think the best bet for them would be a position as henchmen to a top heel.  Have them cripple folks with tag team moves- that will get them over.

5 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

A little of column A...a little column b. Personally, I can't stand happy smiling Apollo. What's he so happy for? No one is ever that happy unless they're clinically insane or something.

Please, let this lead to clinically insane Apollo.

• Like 2

I tried to avoid reading spoilers because I was holding out hope they would put Harper over Orton to make Harper a player in the main event level but instead fucking Orton wins. Again. And I don't even buy the "gotta keep him hot for Mania" argument. Orton is as over as he's gonna get. Losing doesn't hurt him one bit. Shit he can be beaten clean by American Alpha and still be a credible Rumble winner. A loss here wouldn't have damaged Orton any but it could have been the start of something for Harper. Instead Harper jobs AGAIN. I don't even hate Orton, I just hate the booking. Guess I can skip this ppv. 

1 minute ago, BrianS81177 said:

I tried to avoid reading spoilers because I was holding out hope they would put Harper over Orton to make Harper a player in the main event level but instead fucking Orton wins. Again. And I don't even buy the "gotta keep him hot for Mania" argument. Orton is as over as he's gonna get. Losing doesn't hurt him one bit. Shit he can be beaten clean by American Alpha and still be a credible Rumble winner. A loss here wouldn't have damaged Orton any but it could have been the start of something for Harper. Instead Harper jobs AGAIN. I don't even hate Orton, I just hate the booking. Guess I can skip this ppv. 

You won't be missing much. At this rate, I'm thinking of skipping WM.

Today I learned I am much higher on a WWE show then everyone else here, which means the world is ending.

Orton/Harper was great. The Elimination Chamber is in the discussion for the best they've ever done. Harper felt like he gained a lot of momentum even in defeat. Bray Wyatt won the big one and it felt like a big deal. AJ was awesome. The womens stuff, save Nikki/Nattie, was pretty fun.

But apparently this is a skippable show? Whatever.

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Descending

The Descent would be a good team name actually. Though I might go Rampage Unlimited so WWE will stay off their ass. 

As for the show. 

I wish Harper had won, but Orton jobs more than any top guy (other than Sting) so I can't begrudge him.  Harper needs to do something with his gear like Bray and Braun have. 

Bray had a career performance tonight.

25 minutes ago, alstein said:

I think the best bet for them would be a position as henchmen to a top heel.  Have them cripple folks with tag team moves- that will get them over.

How good would the six man tags be with an AJ/Revival team on one side?

• Like 4

I agree with most of the conclusions drawn in the thread.

• Good on Bray for getting the strap.  His singles title run is long overdue.  Shoulda happened when he had his Cape Fear gimmick going on.  AJ is still the ace of this show.  I like the fact that Bray has apparently abandoned his anti-establishment stance and realized that he can be a nihilist and still a champion, because the belt is the perfect lure to get the best and brightest to chase him down the rabbit hole to oblivion.
  • For once I am not all Fuck Randy Orton.  Orton has done more of his fair share of mid card jobs, so getting the duke over Harper made sense.  Good of the book and Orton to let Harper look strong even in a loss.
  • I am sad that Alexa's title reign is over, but there was no way you could job Naomi when she had a hot crowd behind her.
  • Nattie and Nikki looked solid but the book doesn't need to remind us every five minutes that they do not like each other.  The fact that they are trying to kill each other explains that just fine.  I am good with the double countout because the blowoff needs to be an I Quit Match at WM since both ladies have a tap out finisher.
  • God, the Smackdown tag division needs help.  American Alpha are not over and the team that was hugely over, namely Slater and Rhyno, had their momentum killed.  I don't know what you do from here now that Bray is champ and Orton is mini feuding with Luke Harper and has a singles title shot ahead of him, so the Wyatt Family effectively is no longer in the tag division despite being the most credible threat to AA..
  • Becky and Mickie nearly stole the show, but I would much rather see Becky in the title picture.  I keep having nightmares that Becky will get bogged down in a feud with Mickie where Mickie thinks that reliving the pseudo-lesbian awkwardness of her feud with Trish is a good idea.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Fallacy! said:

Booking of the Chamber match was so-so. Everyone looked fairly strong but there was at least 6 or 7 times where a dude hit his finisher and either A.) didn't cover or B.) the opponent rolled out of the ring.

Miz hits the SKF on Bray and instead of trying to pin him, immediately goes up top and jumps into Cena's AA? Fucking idiotic.

I was pondering this last night but was that the first EC were it wasn't Falls Count Anywhere? (Since JBL specifically said you had to be pinned in the ring)

It quasi explains Miz not trying to pin Bray (yes - he could have still rolled him in) and it gave them an out constantly roll to the outside 

I mean it is a stupid rule but... yeah

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I was pondering this last night but was that the first EC were it wasn't Falls Count Anywhere? (Since JBL specifically said you had to be pinned in the ring)

The EC matches before 2012 had a stip where falls and tapouts counted on the floor or in the ring and there was no DQ.  After that, the No DQ rule still applied, but any falls or tapouts had to happen in the ring.