DVDVR Message Board

A Report Weird Things Thread

RIPPA

Anything negative = "heel poster"

Eh, I don't even feel that way. I'm a grown up and have learned how to disagree with someone's point of view with being openly confrontational or rude for the sake of rude. Not my thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I get it whenever I try "view new content."  Having to click through every thread to read posts is worse than the trail of tears.

I LACK PERSPECTIVE ABOUT SUFFERING!!

Same here.  If I go to the forum, click on a page #, it's fine.  But if I click on 'Last Post', it takes me to the SQL error (Which always makes me think it's short for "Squeal" and I think of Ned Beatty or Squirrel, then I think of squirrels).

Should be fixed now.

Usually when I start getting that message the board starts screaming at me that "clients haven't probably closed the table" so I am always going to blame that on like Google and Bing when the board gets spidered even if has nothing to do with them because it makes me feel better

Okay so none of the buttons for indentation, adding files, spoilers, images, etc. above the text box are showing up. Also the text, when it reads in the box, is a weird Times New Roman or something (though it doesn't show up like that when posted) and for some reason when I post and space between lines/paragraphs when I first post them they all run together. Then I go back to fix them with the edit option and whenever I repost it comes out normal with the proper breaks. What's up with this?

Okay - first idea

When you are in the reply box - the very first button on the top left kinda looks like a light switch. You might have turned everything off so if you click it all the buttons, etc.. should come back.

I wrote this post in that format and it seems pretty damn similar to what you are saying

Okay - first idea

When you are in the reply box - the very first button on the top left kinda looks like a light switch. You might have turned everything off so if you click it all the buttons, etc.. should come back.

I wrote this post in that format and it seems pretty damn similar to what you are saying

Or, there's a thing on the right-hand side of the toolbar that looks like a little arrow that makes all the formatting stuff disappear. Might be that, too.

Jingus was giving me the same advice, but there are simply no buttons to push. At all. All I have is the reply box, the post button, and the More Reply Options which gives me the exact same thing as this. No buttons. Also, spoiler tags will not reveal themselves when I click them, and when I hit the Notifications button it takes me to the whole page of them instead of giving me the little pop-down thing showing me who liked what without the page changing. I've tried logging off and logging back on again but that didn't work.

So you don't even see the little black triangle in the upper right corner (that is the one Gonzo was talking about). That would hides every single option ever so all you get is the reply box.

Wouldn't necessarily fix the spoiler problem but it is an option.

And like Mark says - make sure you are using the regular board and not the mobile option.

Another option is to change skins that you are reason - it's possible something wacky happened with the one you are using.

Another another option is to clear your history/cache etc... I know you said you logged off and back on but there might be another gremlin

I tried something weird: there's a film site I go on (dailygrindhouse.com) that for some reason has started blue-screening my laptop every time I go on there. So I let it do its thing and came back on here; boom, all my icons are back. I see the black triangle thing you guys are talking about now.

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea why Symantec hates this site? Every time I go to a new forum I get this stupid warning about phishing sites and so on... I don't expect that it is anything that anyone can do anything about, but I just felt like bitching about it.