DVDVR Message Board

A Report Weird Things Thread

RIPPA

Again - in regards to using the board/site - I am too tired right now to deal with schticky answers.

I know that personally - the board isn't keeping me logged in. I keep having to sign back in everytime I visit (at least from my home computer).

And I also know that other folks are still running into 404 errors or the FastWeb page when trying to log in.

The 404 errors seem kind of random for me. Like it will let me on for a few minutes then it starts. It's like having a goddamn net nanny over my shoulder. "Stop reading! It's all rubbish! Go finish Moby Dick!"

Oddly, just closing my brower entirely (Firefox) and re-opening it has fixed it twice this afternoon though.

My previously reported problem seems to have disappeared after a day or so. Like most technology problems, just ignore it until it goes away.

Were we able to like our own posts on the old board? God, the 50 or so boring heel gimmick accounts around here are going to eat that up aren't they?

Fixed Rippa's comical GMU board link mishap.

That's what I get for updating on my broken laptop with unusable monitor.

I will upload some other knick knacks for the board once Dean figures out what his login is and gives it to me.

Yeah. I got the error and tweeted a screenshot to Rippa.

Okay - you can ignore my message back to you.

Yeah - for once Dean and I have kinda sorta learned how to fix things as we go along

• Like 1

If you hit the Quote button on a post (which immediately puts the entire quote in the Quick Reply box automatically) but then hit More Reply Options, the special "quotiness" disappears once you get to the next screen.  The quote is just typed out in plain text, as if you wrote it yourself. 

I must be a dope because I can't find a way to hide all signatures.  I guess I could do it for each individual user, but... no.

Go to "My Profile/Edit My Profile/'Ignore' Preferences" and click the little check box next to "Ignore all signatures when reading topics and personal messages"

If you hit the Quote button on a post (which immediately puts the entire quote in the Quick Reply box automatically) but then hit More Reply Options, the special "quotiness" disappears once you get to the next screen.  The quote is just typed out in plain text, as if you wrote it yourself. 

I noticed that doesn't happen anymore but in general the quote feature is pretty funky & weird on this forum. Things like trying to quote multiple post in the same reply is kinda weird & hard to do. Sometimes it shows up as being credited all to 1 person, things like that

It's hit & miss but sometimes when you hit quote the cursor doesn't jump down so if you're not paying attention your reply gets put in the quotation marks as well