DVDVR Message Board

[NOV 2016] ANIMATED WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Spoiler from New Japan today

Reveal hidden contents

No big deal...

I had no idea how much I wanted to see those two team together until this morning.

31 minutes ago, Pete said:

tumblr_nxnll6PiD91s066k8o1_400.gif

Impressed by Yano's timing.

I don't think Yano's any more than average in-ring, but, if he never actually wrestled and just made wacky faces and did his cheating heel schtick, Yano would probably be my favorite wrestler evar!

1 hour ago, cwoy2j said:

What's the story behind this? Is it just New Jack being New Jack or did that guy do something to piss Jack off?

New Jack claims he "didn't like Austin's attitude" and that Austin disrespected him.  Supposedly, Austin went to New Jack before the match to go over the layout of the match, and what Austin proposed involved him getting in a decent bit of offense and Jack selling for him.  New Jack thought Austin should basically job for him and not put himself over as being at his (New Jack's) level.

New Jack also claims they had heat in Smoky Mountain over Austin lying to make himself look good and NJ calling him out for it,

So... yeah... New Jack being New Jack.  Take New Jack's version of events with as many truckloads of salt as you can afford.

• Like 1

On 21.11.2016 at 5:43 PM, The Natural said:

Survivor Series 2016 spoiler:

Hide contents

10f0b47129c359f5-600x400.gif

Nasty.

The thing I've been wondering about this since it happened: Why is Roman selling it like he took a move? It almost looks like Shane turned it into a DDT mid-spear. If that was the original intention, they basically would have turned Shane McMahon into Superman.

That's the danger of using the spear as a signature spot. It's really, really easy to sustain head and neck injuries delivering it. That's exacerbated by the fact that the move looks better when the form is more reckless, with the sort of pronounced launch football is trying to legislate out. A safe, heads up tackle doesn't look as impactful. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

That's the danger of using the spear as a signature spot. It's really, really easy to sustain head and neck injuries delivering it. That's exacerbated by the fact that the move looks better when the form is more reckless, with the sort of pronounced launch football is trying to legislate out. A safe, heads up tackle doesn't look as impact. 

Just ask Edge.