DVDVR Message Board

[NOV 2016] ANIMATED WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

38 minutes ago, KDWI said:

Whaaaaat. I hadn't seen her on any results since 2011ish. Where was this?

She wrestled randomly on Hiroyo Matsumoto's anniversary show on 7/31/16. Apparently she never really retired, she wrestled a few months later in Diana which I am sure wasn't taped. But before that she hadn't had a non-battle royal style match since 2012, so I dunno what she is actually up to. I wish she was training.

21 hours ago, Technico Support said:

dv4JBKs.gif

Great for TV but when you were actually at these shows and people in the second and third balconies started tossing their drinks when their was no way in hell they were gonna make it halfway to the ring was the real highlight. Didn't seem to really matter since spending 2-3 hours around wrestling fans requires a thorough quarantine like shower afterwards anyways. 

17 hours ago, george young said:

2jW8Qhq.gif

5biappy.gif

Man...WWE missed the boat not putting the Women's title on Jackie in '98/'99 for a long reign and having Sable as the pursuing face. Granted the division wasn't particularly deep, and Sable's ring work was hot garbage, but Sable was mega-over. Could have gotten way more mileage out of her chasing an effective heel who could work.  

Also, Dan Kroffat is my new favorite wrestler. Yes, he hits his stuff well, but look at the reactions. In All Japan, 1992.

qjDQ97.gif

Yeah, Kikuchi's suplex is snaptastic, but the stooging sell is what puts this over the top.

WnmPRE.gif

Krofatt finally gets him later in the match, and again, the snaps are great, but it's the way he pins him to set himself up for the draping sell past stomping that's unique and over the top.

8qO3lj.gif

This, in 92 AJPW, speaks for itself.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Charlie M. said:

From my 2000's TV Match Adventure, Hardcore Holly randomly busts out a frankensteiner during a tag team iron man match...

14bp2ts.gif

Considering how great his dropkicks were, I'm surprised that he never added the frankensteiner to his moveset. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Matt D said:

Also, Dan Kroffat is my new favorite wrestler. Yes, he hits his stuff well, but look at the reactions. In All Japan, 1992.

qjDQ97.gif

Yeah, Kikuchi's suplex is snaptastic, but the stooging sell is what puts this over the top.

WnmPRE.gif

Krofatt finally gets him later in the match, and again, the snaps are great, but it's the way he pins him to set himself up for the draping sell past stomping that's unique and over the top.

8qO3lj.gif

This, in 92 AJPW, speaks for itself.

Kroffat was one of my favorites in International Wrestling Montreal in the mid/late 80s. I always wondered what happened to him before I knew about his All Japan run.

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh sure you watch the match when Loss puts it on his list but not when I put it on mine like a month ago

He put it #1 of the entire 90s. If you rank a match #1 of the entire 90s, I'll watch it.

Actually, I'll watch JUMBO TSURUTA/GENICHIRO TENRYU vs. RIKI CHOSHU/YOSHIAKI YATSU sometime in the next week or two. How about that for compromise?

It may be common knowledge, so apologies upfront, but anyone know why Krofatt and Lafon never had more prominent runs in the U.S.? 

Also: 

13 hours ago, Charlie M. said:

From my 2000's TV Match Adventure, Hardcore Holly randomly busts out a frankensteiner during a tag team iron man match...

14bp2ts.gif

Mid-2000s, post-Lesnar match injury Holly was so awesome. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

Mid-2000s, post-Lesnar match injury Holly was so awesome. 

He really was.  His super short-lived team with Charlie Haas was dope.  And that ECW match with RVD is better than it has any right to be, especially considering how much pain Holly must have been in after that nasty table bump.