DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Is Won't Someone Think Of Heath Slater's Children?

The Green Meanie

This Eva Marie storyline continues to be fantastic. I really wish she were better in the ring because it would be awesome if she came out and killed when she eventually does have a match.

I liked what we got of Becky/Alexa. 

Poor Carmella. I just wanted to pull her aside during her entrance and say "oh, sweetie, just stop. You're embarrassing yourself". I agree that she really hurts without Cass and Enzo. They should have revamped her gimmick before sending her up. Having said that, evil Nattie is awesome. 

Yet more love for the Eve Marie booking.   That shit is fucking star quality.

Alexa Bliss's sequined skeletal hand glove is the best wrestling attire accessory since Piper's kilt.

• Like 2

Outside of Slater, I thought this was a pretty terrible show. Yes, "outside of Heath Slater," wtf.

As mentioned, they REALLY need Cena and AJ on top or there's just nothing there. I'm probably the biggest Orton hater ever and FF every time he's on the screen, but his stink drags the entire show down. I could also not care less about Dolph Ziggler.

Still think they should have drafted Rusev. The wedding segment would have been so much better with Dean and tailor made for the dumb shit they like him to do.

I feel bad for Becky she's been booked like crap for so long. Alexa is going to be fine. Carmella needs to be kept away from a mic, and hope Bayley goes to Smackdown. From what I saw Heath Slater was the MVP this week.

The problem with the Eva stuff is eventually she's going to have to  wrestle, and that's going to be really bad. Really bad for her, the people she wrestles, and the audience.

I would trade to Carmella to Raw to reunite with Enzo & Cass. American Alpha need to be mixing it up with New Day and Anderson & Gallows; not waiting for the other tag championship to be created. AA & Carmella to Raw for Cesaro and Sami seems pretty fair to me. 

If AA goes to Raw then the SDL tag division needs to be scrapped. They should've split Cass and Enzo and New Day on separate shows. 

They don't have enough women for two good divisions right now, but if they get Nikki and Emma back with Bayley and Asuka call ups they'll be there by the end of the year.  

Someone posted a "rumbling" on Twitter that was clearly taken from a "news" site (but it wasn't WON) but it wasn't sourced so I don't know where this is coming from (so it is probably BS)

Anyway... supposedly they are already rethinking some of the draft choices and that they were mistakes. Specifically putting Orton on Smackdown and Owens on RAW.

So it is entirely possible they will move things around - especially when they have the Sept call ups too

2 hours ago, bink_winkleman said:

Outside of Slater, I thought this was a pretty terrible show. Yes, "outside of Heath Slater," wtf.

I've really got to disagree - I was explaining how the brand split is going to a friend who stopped watching and basically summed it up this way:

Raw = pretty good matches but bland stories minus Jericho/Owens and Rusev

Smackdown = okay matches with amazingly bizarre and entertaining stories

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCM said:

If AA goes to Raw then the SDL tag division needs to be scrapped. They should've split Cass and Enzo and New Day on separate shows. 

They don't have enough women for two good divisions right now, but if they get Nikki and Emma back with Bayley and Asuka call ups they'll be there by the end of the year.  

The roster isn't deep enough for two tag divisions and two women's divisions. The shows shouldn't have been split again. There's so much fat that could have been cut away in other areas; the meandering 20 minute promo to begin the show; McMahon segments, recaps of things that just happened. 

15 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

So..yeah. When are Asuka, Samoa Joe, Nakamura, and Bayley coming to save this show?

Asuka and Baily go to Raw I assume, Nakamura debuts at Mania I assume, and Samoa Joe can  stay with Roode, Young and Aries in NXTNA.

The idea was obviously always to stack RAW because that show will always be the most important when it comes to ratings and ad revenue for the WWE. If Smackdown does well in ratings and revenue...hey, that's nice for them.

It would be nice if they put some thought into it and decided "well this show gets this and that show gets that". This way maybe Smackdown gets the Women and RAW gets the tag teams. American Alpha vs. Anderson/Gallows would be amazing. But as we saw they clearly didn't give the draft any real thought and they winged it at the last minute and just threw people at random shows.

EDIT: I just saw this on Reddit and this would AMAZING if they did this with Eva next week.

Next week, Eva Marie should have a Spinal Tap moment where while she's being interviewed before her match backstage, she gets lost and can't find the stage. Just like Jericho in WCW, all egotistical, ready to wrestle. Pumped as hell. And then just gets continually lost and misses her match entirely because the stadium was too complicated.

Oh my God if that happens. It would be tremendous.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jstout said:

Wouldn't such a move hurt Smackdown live show attendance? I like Owens much more than Orton, but I'd say Orton's the bigger draw, and with no Cena on house shows ...

Ambrose was out drawing Reigns earlier this year. If they heat up Owens, Joe, or AJ I think he's fine as a top babyface draw for SD.

31 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

Here's my idea for Eva Marie ... She pulls one of her tricks again but this time Becky snaps and 'breaks' her arm. Imagine the heat if you gave Eva the cast gimmick and she clobbered with Becky with it.

It only works if Eva asks Randy Orton how his dad handled wearing such an itchy cast for so long.

And if it leads to a boxing match on Saturday Night's Main Event. #BeckyBalboa