DVDVR Message Board

WWE BRAND SPLIT 2.0

5 minutes ago, RefMattyD570 said:

Well he IS a drifter - it wouldn't make sense for him to stay in one place. 

It also doesn't make sense that he has an announced hometown, but that's besides the point. 

The ring announcer should really revive "From wherever he darn well pleases!" as the Drifter's hometown, especially for the humor of using it in a totally different context. 

1 hour ago, RefMattyD570 said:

Well he IS a drifter - it wouldn't make sense for him to stay in one place. 

It also doesn't make sense that he has an announced hometown, but that's besides the point. 

Why he doesn't hail "from parts unknown", I'll never understand.

• Like 2

Reigns, AJ, Cena, Rusev, Sasha. I'd consider New Day and Zayn in place of AJ due to his age, but damn is he on fire right now. KO would be in consideration, but if Lana comes with Rusev I'm sticking with him. Counting NXT I'd have a hard time leaving off Nak, and may take Bayley over Sasha as the women's ace. I'm a heel guy, but Bayley is such a great babyface I don't think you can pass up the chance to have her anchor the division.

Leaning to the commercial side of things, I'd probably say Cena, Reigns, Rollins, Wyatt, and Styles.

The next five/scheming to include my favorites goddammit would then be Owens, Nakamura, Zayn, Rusev, and Cesaro.

And then I still feel bad about leaving out Bayley, Sasha, New Day, and the Balor/Joe/hopefully Itami (the dream is still alive!) contingent.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cyanide said:

Leaning to the commercial side of things, I'd probably say Cena, Reigns, Rollins, Wyatt, and Styles.

The next five/scheming to include my favorites goddammit would then be Owens, Nakamura, Zayn, Rusev, and Cesaro.

And then I still feel bad about leaving out Bayley, Sasha, New Day, and the Balor/Joe/hopefully Itami (the dream is still alive!) contingent.

Oddly enough, your second tier would be my first, though I might have to swap in AJ for Zayn (and I love me some Zayn, but AJ is at his career peak right now and it's an awesome thing to behold.)

• Like 2

1. Cena
  2. Bayley
  3. Sasha
  4. New Day
  5. Owens

That's my money-making lineup, if it were personal preference, I'd take Zayn over Cena. I'd definitely reach for KO in a real draft, though, and make him my next every-man superstar.

-Cena

-Shield

-Lesnar

You can do so much fun with that lineup.  All decent-ish draws.  Run Reigns-Rollins, Reigns-Ambrose, Rollins-Reigns.  Reunite them and run them against a super team of Cena/Brock.  Everything else is just gravy.

BTW, if I can choose Vince, then maybe I take Vince over Lesnar.

2 hours ago, JRGoldman said:

You guys aren't hate drafting nearly enough. I would pick Ziggler just so I could make a weekly segment of him getting squashed in 30 seconds every week until he quit. 

You don't waste a top five pick on Ziggler, even it is a hate pick.  

Cena

AJ

Rusev

Cesaro

Zayn

Run a long term Cena mentoring Zayn as the future company babyface storyline, have a solid heel in Rusev, and AJ and Cesaro who can float back and forth in the shades of gray.  Cena fends off all challengers until he faces Sami, who unseats him leading to a heel turn by one of them.

Since I was bored, I made up this somewhat realistic 30-round mock draft.

Assumptions:

• Raw gets the first pick
  • Only used current WWE/NXT rosters from wikipedia
  • Each brand has a main singles, secondary singles, tag, and women's division
  • Taker, Kane, Show, Henry and anyone out for a while can come back wherever (except Harper, he stays with the Wyatts)
  • Nia Jax follows Eva Marie
Spoiler

7SfhOzY.png

THbjBJx.png

• Like 1

So RAW selects Eva Marie, SD! takes a risk on No Way Jose, RAW takes Billie Kay and SD! still ends up with The Drifter.  RAW with their 2nd pick takes a guy who won't be there 85% of the time. They also took Wyatt Family way too high when Cesaro and Sasha were both still on the board and SD! ends up with both of them. 

I gotta say whoever the GM is on RAW is making the Chip Kelly look like Bill Belichick.

• Like 1