DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Phase III Movie Discussion Thread

RIPPA

22 hours ago, Mike Zeidler said:

Zemo didn't even wear purple in Civil War, why do people think Man-Ape will wear a gorilla costume?

Because it would be fucking awesome if he weren't just a bullshit henchman with no powers, maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

Tom Holland Spider-Man interview:

34567890.png

Spider-Man: Homecoming has wrapped shooting, but we've still seen nothing official from the highly anticipated release. Chances are that Marvel wants to keep the focus on Doctor Strange and the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 trailer before promoting it, but after being treated to an array of set photos, we do at least have an interesting new interview with Tom Holland to keep us going! 

Asked by Variety at the premiere of The Lost City of Z about donning the costume for Spider-Man: Homecoming, the British actor replied: "The suit’s not the greatest thing, but sometimes when it’s uncomfortable, you just have to remind yourself of the long list of actors that would love to be in that suit and you just go, ‘do you know what, f*ck it. I’m the luckiest kid alive. I deserve to be here and I’m going to give it my best.'" It turns out that Holland is just as positive about the stunts.

"I did as many [of the stunts] as I could, but there are some things legally that I couldn’t do," he told the trade. "There were stunt doubles who were all very, very talented guys who really supported me throughout the process. Whenever there was a stunt that I didn’t necessarily feel comfortable about, they would step in and show my how to do it, and coach me through the process."

It sounds like the movie will be very action orientated then, but asked about the wall-crawler's future in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Holland admitted to being unsure where he'll swing to next. "It’s all up in the air. I believe some sort of deal is in the mix, but I’m unclear as to what that deal is." Chances are we'll see him in either Avengers: Infinity War or the currently untitled fourth instalment as it's obviously impossible to imagine that Captain America: Civil War will be it for him and that team!

On 10/17/2016 at 7:08 AM, The Natural said:

Tom Holland Spider-Man interview:

34567890.png

This picture makes me irrationally angry.  Why, for the love of god, can we not get a Spider-man where he doesn't unmask?  

• Like 2

Just got back from it.

Special effects/CGI are out of this world good. Worth seeing for it alone. As someone who hates watching 3D movies, you're doing yourself a huge disservice by not seeing it in 3D.

Benedict Cumberbatch is good without being great.

Lot of expensive wallpapering around a fairly tedious plot and trying to shoehorn Guardians style humour where it shouldn't be.

Had a lot of room for improvement. ***/*****

• Like 1

That image isn't all that spoilery.

Spoiler

I assume that the demon in the portal thingie is supposed to be Shuma-Gorath.

I kinda figured out already that the Lord of Chaos would be behind all of the reality bending going on in the trailers.

And as a comic book nerd contractor at CASCOM found out the hard way last year, under no circumstances should you Google search Shuma-Gorath at work... 

Hint:  He has TENTACLES~!

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

That image isn't all that spoilery.

Hide contents

I assume that the demon in the portal thingie is supposed to be Shuma-Gorath.

I kinda figured out already that the Lord of Chaos would be behind all of the reality bending going on in the trailers.

And as a comic book nerd contractor at CASCOM found out the hard way last year, under no circumstances should you Google search Shuma-Gorath at work... 

Hint:  He has TENTACLES~!

How are stories with him? I've been curious for a while now since seeing him pop up in one of the Marvel fighting games, and even moreso after reading Thanos Imperative. I loved the latter, but that a less direct appearance.

20 hours ago, Eivion said:

How are stories with him? I've been curious for a while now since seeing him pop up in one of the Marvel fighting games, and even moreso after reading Thanos Imperative. I loved the latter, but that a less direct appearance.

He always sorta lurks in the background.

Spoiler

The only time I've seen Shuma-Gorath prominently featured recently was in the 2013 Infinity angle where Ebony Maw tricks Strange into summoning Shuma Gorath to earth and he's dispelled by Blue Marvel and the rest of the Avengers.

Other than that, he's strictly 1970's Cthulu nightmare fuel in various editions of Conan the Barbarian and Doctor Strange.  This was back during Strange's dimension hopping epic to rescue Clea when Sise-Neg was stilla around.