DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Phase III Movie Discussion Thread

RIPPA

Wouldn't the argument be based on JLA coming first and then Marvel did Fantastic Four? Cause that's what happened. Marvel was still Atlas and they saw the sales numbers of Justice League so Goodman wanted a super hero team book to capitalize on that and Lee and Kirby debuted FF.

Joss Whedon interested in Black Widow movie:

http://screenrant.com/joss-whedon-black-widow-movie-directing/

I've wanted a Black Widow solo film since Marvel Phase II. Joss Whedon did a super job with Avengers Assemble but Avengers: Age of Ultron for me was quite a letdown. I didn't like Black Widow in AoU compared to her previous Marvel Cinematic Universe outings either...

...Ducks stares from Brian Fowler and The Unholy Dragon. Sorry, lads.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I've wanted a Black Widow solo film since Marvel Phase II. Joss Whedon did a super job with Avengers Assemble but Avengers: Age of Ultron for me was quite a letdown. I didn't like Black Widow in AoU compared to her previous Marvel Cinematic Universe outings either...

I'm surprised we haven't seen a Widow movie. It would seem that would be a no-brainer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Honestly I can't really see Whedon doing well with a super spy story so I wouldn't want him anywhere near a Black Widow film.

3 hours ago, Jamal said:

I'm surprised we haven't seen a Widow movie. It would seem that would be a no-brainer. 

Scheduling and plans already in effect for other movies i would imagine. Perlmutter and co. might have been another factor.

18 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

If only he had shaved his head for the Dredd helmet for the sequel. 

How am I supposed to tell if his head is shaved in Dredd when he's not supposed to take the helmet off?

In a good and proper world, this is a screen test for Karl to play Cable in the next Deadpool movie.

Yeah, I have no problems with super hero costumes looking like functional uniforms rather than long underwear..  I am strangely good with the padding and external web shooters.

• Like 1

You see in that poster, I'm not as keen on the stripes, and they look more cumbersome to the overall design. 

I'd probably prefer red webshooters.  In Ultimate Spider-Man, he's given external webshooters that match the pattern of his suit.

I still rather have the character close to the comics version. Besides I honestly have no idea who she is, and even with a damaged brand Spider-man is Spider-man and likely to draw anyways especially with RDJ already attached to it.