DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Phase III Movie Discussion Thread

RIPPA

1 minute ago, Ace said:

Make a movie with the AIMvengers. Almost half the team (Wiccan, Hulkling, Pod) are gay.

I don't see that movie coming out of the MCU.  That will have to be a Marvel thing that is not Marvel.

Not sure if this was already talked about in the thread, but I saw a tweet from Gail Simone that reminded me that I thought the final fight lacked something b/c it just seemed weird for Captain America and Iron Man to be having a fistfight.  Cap is punching IM and not breaking his hand?  IM is punching Cap in the face and not shattering his skull?  I imagine the answer is that MCU Cap is more superhuman than the Cap I know from 80s comics(*), but it just seemed weird to me.

(*)someone in the twitter thread pointed out that the MCU Super Soldier serum was also involved in making the Hulk and Abpmination, so it makes some internal sense.  Just not what I'm accustomed to.

There were also two cases in the movie where Cap showed that he apparently has some sort of Juggernaut-esque power to stay rooted to the ground when he holds down things that are trying to fly off -- the helicopter and I think either Iron Man or War Machine (don't totally recall the second one).  Either that or Cap weighs like 1000 pounds.

I still really dug the movie, it's just that those little things briefly took me out of the moment.  But I got back in.

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

the fact that she was a Carter would mean the World needs her.

FTFY

BcLS25HCIAA1xOI.jpg

• Like 2

I'm...ok with that. Or at least I was ok with that until someone on my Twitter timeline put up a picture of Natalie Dormer who, except for what she was wearing, looked exactly like Carol Danvers. Now I'm fully on board with Dormer.

Elizabeth Debicki is way too skinny to play Her.

It'll be awesome to see Adam Warlock, but I was sorta hoping to get see Nebula lead a team of traditional Thanos minions like Stellarax, Lord Gaea, or ISAAC Prime as the GoTG BBEs.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 0:14 PM, Eivion said:

I'm disappointed Her is a villain. this more or less guarantees Adam Warlock though, right?

Yeah, Adam Warlock and Ayesha / Kismet  were both created by the Enclave and I assume that given the cocoon Easter Egg from the first movie, they will roll with the whole Enclave origin for Him and Her.

The inclusion of Simon Williams n the character list makes me think that they will go with some form of the storyline where she collects the most powerful humanoids in the galaxy to be her boo and Adam Warlock and Star Lord will be in that mix.