DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... Last Try

RIPPA

I had a dream last night where WWE ended up shooting an angle where the Undertaker's Wrestlemania match this year would be against Mike Tyson.

And then I realized how excited I actually would be if they went for that. Tyson's at a stage in his life and such a fan of wrestling he may actually be up for doing the job and taking the tombstone also. It would also keep Taker from having to work a match where he's take a bunch of bumps since that's not what fans would expect from such a match.

For all my fellow Canadian peeps...Destiny Wrestling, which runs shows in Santino Marella's BattleArts Academy in Mississauga and whose champion is Rey Misterio, has got a tv deal with Bell Fibe TV, and their show tonight is a TV taping. Once I get more info on the TV deal I'll share the details!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Tajiri for the best midcarder discussion. Is it that people feel his ECW stuff occasionally getting a main event disqualifies him?

I love Tajiri. He, Mikey and Vandenberg were such a fucking awesome act. Probably one of the highlights of late ECW for me. And his stuff with Regal was really awesome too. I loved his short lived tag team with Rhyno and subsequent feud, I loved the mist. I'm a big fan of his.

• Like 1

Tajiri was misused every where. He should have been world champion in ECW from Awesome leaving til the shut down. 

Let me take that back, in late 2003 he was used well on Smackdown with Byoteki as underlings. But I think he could have been US or even World champion. 

On Raw he could have done much more. Though I did enjoy him in various combinations vs Evolution. 

• Like 1

I'm at Unforgiven 99 and Jeff Jarrett is the biggest and greatest heel in the world. When he comes out he gets massive boos, not chants just boos. 

Him using the figure four is a great idea, since it is only the illusion of violence and does not desensitize the audience. Chyna meanwhile is still being booked as a heel with HHH so her beating Jarrett means little. They are desperate to get Triple H over as top heel. It had to drive him crazy how over Jeff Jarrett was then. Honestly Steve Austin screwed himself not feuding with Jarrett.

Pretty much but that would have been some atomic heat if they hooked up then. 

They are really desperate for Triple H to get over as top heel. Now they are doing this weird noble heel fighting the odds thing. All this work and this is before he was dating Stephanie. 

From what I understand it was both. 

Jarrett was absolutely smart to leave. I am curious how him and Triple H would have done in each others shoes. Jarrett as top WWF heel and Hunter as WCW chosen one.

Going back, Austin said it was a smart ass comment Jeff made as he got his pay check. Austin was staring at a low pay check, Jeff drives by in a sports car and cackles "It ain't getting bigger staring at it."

Which is funny because Road Dogg said on his "Legends with JBL interview" that Jarrett quit WWE in the early 90's because of the shitty pay.

He was mad because he wasn't getting everybody else's pay since his boss wasn't his daddy anymore.

If Jarrett got any heat it was above and beyond the "X-Pac heat" we all talk about, if the crowd felt like I have towards him. Fuck that guy.

Have there been any reliable stories of what kind of heat, if any, Jarrett got backstage when he first came to the WWE?  Him being the son of a former competitor who may have dealt less than fairly with some of the guys already on the roster at the time I could imagine that was a possibility. 

I don't think it would be a problem because Jerry Jarrett was being brought in a management position in case Vince went to prison. 

Someone actually shit in Lawler's crown and Lawler told Vince he was going to quit. 

The funny thing is it was Steve Keirn. Why would Keirn hate Lawler, for giving him the best and biggest money making gimmick he ever had?