DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Since it seems like the Roman/Wyatt feud is going to end at HITC, why not give Roman a two month run as IC champion. Let Owens win the title back after some proper cheating at the Rumble, then have Owens get eliminated in the Rumble by a returning Sami Zayn and Roman can go on to win the Rumble again.

Having Owens drop the title to Reigns would pretty much guarantee Roman never gets over as a top face, and probably kills Owens as a top heel. Unless you want a double turn, in which it's gold.

I think Owens would rebound well getting DQ'd around the loop with Sami Zayn leading into Wrestlemania. The problem right now is Reigns needs a short-term pointless feud to kill time from now till the Rumble, Owens needs something to do between now and whenever Sami is healthy. Also I like how Reigns beating the #2 heel in the company would turn him heel somehow

Scott Steiner is opening a Shoney's. So naturally, here's a video of the Steiner Brothers destroying a Shoney's.

WARNING: Awesome!

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015/10/scott-steiner-shoneys-video/

Added to the bucket list. Eat at Scott Steiner's Shoney's.

The Steiners doing a construction worker gimmick at some point would have been awesome.

Under the Coffee Table, a talk show hosted by Jimmy Valiant.  Wait til they get to the cooking segment with Jim Duggan.

Hotel/motel reviews with Raven. Reviews based on whether the hotel room phone receiver fits comfortably inside Francine's vagina. 

HEY NOW.

...that was Tommy Dreamer's job.

Scott Steiner is opening a Shoney's.  So naturally, here's a video of the Steiner Brothers destroying a Shoney's.  

WARNING: Awesome!

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015/10/scott-steiner-shoneys-video/

I hope he gets someone else to do the accounting for him.

I wonder if he will have Samoa Joe as his guest of honor.

• Like 1

It's a fun time to be a fan of the professional wrestling.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/evolve-wrestling-hottest-prospects-wwe-nxt-28054230/

I'm surprised that WWE is hyping non-contracted wrestlers on their website.

I'm outright astonished that the text for Gargano hypes an upcoming match/show in Evolve.

Weird times.

It's a fun time to be a fan of the professional wrestling.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/evolve-wrestling-hottest-prospects-wwe-nxt-28054230/

I'm surprised that WWE is hyping non-contracted wrestlers on their website.

I'm outright astonished that the text for Gargano hypes an upcoming match/show in Evolve.

Weird times.

I'm not surprised, they have a working agreement.  WWE pushed their iPPV and gets to send people down there for seasoning/experience.  It's good for Evolve, but WWE totally controls this situation.    

I've been watchig the Smokey Mountain tag belts get defended on Raw and Survivor Series. So this is no big deal.

The Survivor Series match was fantastic.

Too bad the crowd couldn't have cared less.

Boston was not the right place for a Smokey Mountain match.
  • Like 1

Also I like how Reigns beating the #2 heel in the company would turn him heel somehow

It's the smart crowd's favorite wrestler getting sacrificed to the smart crowd's least favorite wrestler. It probably won't go over very well, even accounting for the parts of the audience that are into Reigns. They can talk all they want about how they don't mind Cena drawing divisive crowd reactions, but I imagine they'd be much happier if they could sell Cena shirts to the whole fanbase, instead of just the kids. Same thing with Reigns. They want everyone on board, if they can manage it.

I saw this on NODQ earlier. Is this for real? I guess it explains why Coach asked Seth if the WWE should have a minimum age for superstars like the NBA/NFL have. Seth said there's no reason a 16-17 year old couldn't be one. This though would be way younger.

WWE is planning to add another wrestling show to it's current lineup. At this time it's unknown if it will broadcast on television or be a show featured on the WWE Network.

A pilot for a WWE NXT Show that is aimed towards kids is being shot in conjunction with the TV tapings at Full Sail University. The concept of the show is children from ages 7 to 14, as the talent. The company is searching for both girls and boys and multiple ethnicities for the show. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that this may be a vehicle for Izzy and even if it doesn’t end up being that way, that it was inspired by her.

So am I reading this right and it would be a wrestling show with kids?

I saw this on NODQ earlier. Is this for real? I guess it explains why Coach asked Seth if the WWE should have a minimum age for superstars like the NBA/NFL have. Seth said there's no reason a 16-17 year old couldn't be one. This though would be way younger.

WWE is planning to add another wrestling show to it's current lineup. At this time it's unknown if it will broadcast on television or be a show featured on the WWE Network.

A pilot for a WWE NXT Show that is aimed towards kids is being shot in conjunction with the TV tapings at Full Sail University. The concept of the show is children from ages 7 to 14, as the talent. The company is searching for both girls and boys and multiple ethnicities for the show. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that this may be a vehicle for Izzy and even if it doesn’t end up being that way, that it was inspired by her.

So am I reading this right and it would be a wrestling show with kids?

No, it'd be a NXT kid-centric show with kid hosts/commentators similar to WWE Saturday Morning Slam .  They filmed a pilot earlier this year.  http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x31opue

NXT Kids pilot leaked around August. It was normal NXT stars wrestling but with kid commentators and interviewers, IIRC. Think more in line with WWE Saturday Morning Slam.

Edit: Beaten by nofuture, the bastard!