DVDVR Message Board

NFL Stupidity in 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Seriously, after the last 18 months, how does Goodell not resign? This whole Deflategate thing has been an enormous shitshow. The NFL can not have wanted it to go to court, because how do they not know they're completely full of shit? Yet, even with the judge doing all but outright saying "I will rule against you if it comes to it", Goodell doesn't budge in negotiations with Brady. Brady even said he'd take a 2-game suspension, but no. That would mean admitting he was at least somewhat wrong. Gotta protect the shield and all that. What a clown.

The owners look at their billions of dollars and say, "what problems"?

• Like 2

Deadspin has the story on it.  I don't know why we're talking about whether or not he knew about the deflation.  The NFL lost the case because they handled it with astounding arrogance and rampant stupidity from the beginning.  You can't base a suspension on some bullshit "honor code" that isn't published anywhere.

We’ll be updating this post as we go through the 40-page decision, which can be read in full below. Here, though, are the three ways the judge ruled that the NFL fucked up:

1. The NFL didn’t properly inform Brady of the punishment he faced, or even what he was accused of.
  2. The NFL didn’t let Brady’s camp question NFL executive and counsel Jeff Pash at his appeal.
  3. The NFL didn’t give Brady’s side the opportunity to examine the evidence against him.
  • Like 1

I for one am shocked the NFL, who had no actual evidence whatsoever to back up anything they've said, have lost the case.

The combination of hate masturbation and tears over Tom Brady should be bottled and sold on the designer perfume market. NFL is missing out on a few hundred extra million right there.

• Like 1

If Goodell resigns without being forced out, that'd be his dumbest decision yet.

Who cares if no one thinks you have credibility? Keep getting 'dem checks.

Considering what he makes a year, I don't think he leaves unless the palace guards are in on the deal and storm the office.

Can we make a list of owners who might vote for him to be fired?

Pats

Ravens

Colts

Fins

Viks

SD*

StL*

*depedning on back room relocation deals

Dallas and Washington as well - residual bitterness from the BS salary cap fines they got for the year there was no salary cap.
  • Like 1

I put in a comment on the WYTS on the Colts about THAT imfamous Irsay tweet where Cristobal did a reading of it in the voice of Randy Savage, so now other people in the world will know to read Irsay tweets to themselves as if it is the Macho Man.

Because you really should, all the time.

NO THINGS ARE NOTHING THINGS DIG IT

• Like 2

According to this tweet, Greg Hardy now plans to appeal his suspension. Goodell done f'ed himself good.

Because throwing a woman onto a couch full of guns and then paying her off is the same as not letting Goodell check your Whatsapp and Gchat.

No but I'm sure he does. Doubt it goes anywhere though.

Today in Skins fun

It was discovered today that DC charges fans $50 to leave tickets at will call.

They are the only team to charge a fee

Each time or for the season? Not cool either way, but it is the difference between a small surcharge and a FUCK YOU, AND YOU'LL LIKE IT, surcharge. . . 

So am I the only one thinking the NFL was more then willing to have the Brady shit take headlines instead of what was going last year?

Also, as much as people want to point the finger at Brady, let's be real here, the NFL is a bigger source of evil then any one of it's non murderer players. I don't like Tom Brady, buy anything that makes this corrupt piece of shit league were I am starting to think the majority of the owners are evil.

Aren't owners of sports teams basically Bond villains everywhere?

I mean shit, go look up Roman Abramovich at Chelsea sometime. How that dude isn't in prison is amazing.

For the most part, yeah. I mean, I don't find MLB owners anywhere near as bad as NFL (Save Loria). Maybe it's because I can get their stadium demands more since there's a giant difference between 81 home games of revenue to the surrounding area compared to 8. 

I put in a comment on the WYTS on the Colts about THAT imfamous Irsay tweet where Cristobal did a reading of it in the voice of Randy Savage, so now other people in the world will know to read Irsay tweets to themselves as if it is the Macho Man.

alpha-channel-blonde-hair-blue-hair-equi

• Like 1

Today in Skins fun

It was discovered today that DC charges fans $50 to leave tickets at will call.

They are the only team to charge a fee

I knew fans of the Slurs were getting fucked, but not until today did I know they do get fucked with no Vaseline.

(Hey, everybody else is dropping rap references...)

• Like 2

One of the finer DVDVR moments.

hqdefault.jpg

Irsay Madness, running wild, yeah.  What can I say?  I could say something

but nothing is something.  Nothing isn't nothing, if I say it it is something,

no things are nothing things, OOOOOOOH YEAH!!!  SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM!

Here's hoping Irsay gives me a second chance at a Macho Man impression of my own this season.

So here is the policy(from Deadspin). . .fuck Snyder. . .

The Will Call windows at FedExField are provided as a service for Washington Redskins Season Ticket Holders. A $50 fee per envelope must be paid by all non-season ticket holders seeking to leave tickets for pick-up at the FedExField Ticket Office. Season ticket holders must present their account number and a valid photo I.D. to drop off tickets licensed to their account without incurring the charge.

The Washington Redskins and FedExField Staff reserve the right to refuse to accept tickets for distribution from the Will Call windows.

All tickets left at the FedExField Will Call are left at-your-own-risk. FedExField is not responsible for any lost or stolen tickets. All decisions of the FedExField Staff concerning the Will Call Fees and Will Call windows are final.

There's a small part of me that kinda wishes that the Judge didn't rule and Tom Brady would be suspended for week 1. Why? Because the Patriots have said that if Tom Brady wasn't going to be there, they wouldn't be putting up their Super Bowl Banner...

They were going to put up a banner for Tom Brady's superbowls and MVP's.

It would have been great. I can see Goodell throwing a fit ala Vince McMahon.