DVDVR Message Board

HULK HOGAN DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD

Should we start a dream indy booking thread for Hogan. I want my rematch with Bundy and Hogan vs Liger. Speaking of Hogan doing weird bookings, does anyone have a link to the Hogan in Mexico stuff?

Mr. America and The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers = The All-American Boys

Hogan singing along to the Rougeau's theme and waving a tiny American flag would be amazing.
Jacques starts wearing bandanas. Everywhere.

From Montreal to Memphis, brother. Parlez-vous Français, brother?

• Like 2

Mr. America and The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers = The All-American Boys

Hogan singing along to the Rougeau's theme and waving a tiny American flag would be amazing.

Jacques starts wearing bandanas. Everywhere.
From Montreal to Memphis, brother. Parlez vous Francais, brother?

Then take an earlier recommendation and beep every "brother," i.e. "Montreal to Memphis [beep]er."

• Like 1

I'm kind of bummed that nobody has bothered to edit any Hogan promos, by bleeping "brother", but leaving the "er" at the end. Yeah, easy joke, but it'd still be rather funny.

Speaking of easy jokes, the latest Botchamania features the Yappapi strap promo played over the whipping of Kunta Kinte...

Should we start a dream indy booking thread for Hogan. I want my rematch with Bundy and Hogan vs Liger. Speaking of Hogan doing weird bookings, does anyone have a link to the Hogan in Mexico stuff?

With the NWA moving coming out the NWA should book Hogan to win the NWA World Title. The purist outrage of "LOU THESZ IS SPINNING IN HIS GRAVE" would be so worth it.

With the NWA moving coming out the NWA should book Hogan to win the NWA World Title. The purist outrage of "LOU THESZ IS SPINNING IN HIS GRAVE" would be so worth it.

If Straight Outta Compton's coming out in theaters, I don't think NWA wants anything to do with Hogan right now. 

• Like 7

Book it in the context of Go Set A Watchman.

Coked out of his mind Hogan quoting Atticus Finch would be all sorts of awesome with the big reveal he was just in it with the KKK as an undercover spy the whole time, dude!

BUT THE WHITE SUPREMACISTS, MAN, THEY FEAR REASON, JACK. BECAUSE FOR THE VERY SIMPLE REASON, LET ME TELL YOU, IS THAT THEY KNOW COLD REASON BEATS THEM. PREJUDICE, BROTHER, IS A REAL DIRTY WORD. AND FAITH, A CLEAN ONE, HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON, BRAH, THEY BOTH BEGIN WHERE REASON ENDS. THIS IS WHERE THE POWER LIES. KHGSRKHGWRWEUHHHHHHHHHHHH!

• Like 4

Hogan vs. Gypsy Joe and Hogan vs. Necro Butcher certainly hold interest.

Hogan vs. New Jack in the deep south.....if promoted properly...

Gypsy's retired, he's way too old to even think about working matches anymore, he's even in a wheelchair. Jack is ALSO retired, but could conceivably be talked into a comeback match if the money was right.

Hogan vs. Gypsy Joe and Hogan vs. Necro Butcher certainly hold interest.

Hogan vs. New Jack in the deep south.....if promoted properly...

Gypsy's retired, he's way too old to even think about working matches anymore, he's even in a wheelchair. Jack is ALSO retired, but could conceivably be talked into a comeback match if the money was right.

You could/should say the same about Hogan. . . 

• 3 weeks later...

Hogan's apology makes me think of essentially every other time I've heard Hulk Hogan talk...Do you think we're stupid?  There is a difference between people greeting you in your neighborhood, and calling people a slur.  They aren't close to the same thing. 

I also highly doubt that Hogan was running in a social group that used that term as a greeting in Florida in the 1960's.

Trying to play the blame game on his upbringing is a bad way to go. Lots of people grow up hearing racist shit from family and friends. By the time you're a grown adult it's on you to break out of that or embrace it. Plus Hogan has traveled the world and met people of all sorts. He can't play the isolated, small town bumpkin.

I also highly doubt that Hogan was running in a social group that used that term as a greeting in Florida in the 1960's.

Trying to play the blame game on his upbringing is a bad way to go. Lots of people grow up hearing racist shit from family and friends. By the time you're a grown adult it's on you to break out of that or embrace it. Plus Hogan has traveled the world and met people of all sorts. He can't play the isolated, small town bumpkin.

He may have been running in a social group that used that term when he was playing bass for Metallica.

• Like 1

My theory is that Hogan is from an alternative reality where use of the N-word is acceptable.  See, by the time Hogan slammed Andre, Andre had become so massive he was actually an unmapped star.  And he was ill, near the end of his life.  By the time Hogan slammed him, Andre could have been properly categorized as a black hole.  Nothing escapes a black hole - not even Hogan's ego - so Hulkster was sucked in and came out the other side into our reality.  Our reality is similar to Hogan's but there are small differences.  Such as it not being ok to call people racist slurs.  Or sleep with your best friend's too-hot-for-him wife.

Hogan jokes will never get old.

• Like 1

My theory is that Hogan is from an alternative reality where use of the N-word is acceptable. See, by the time Hogan slammed Andre, Andre had become so massive he was actually an unmapped star. And he was ill, near the end of his life. By the time Hogan slammed him, Andre could have been properly categorized as a black hole. Nothing escapes a black hole - not even Hogan's ego - so Hulkster was sucked in and came out the other side into our reality. Our reality is similar to Hogan's but there are small differences. Such as it not being ok to call people racist slurs. Or sleep with your best friend's too-hot-for-him wife.

Hogan jokes will never get old.

But are there Hulkamaniacs there?
  • Like 1

Hogan should have just said he was over medicated from back surgeries and did not know he was being filmed and nobody had any business watching that tape or listening to its audio in the first place. Stay on the offensive and play the victim.

I grew up in Florida in the 1960s and can tell you that using that greeting to anyone, white or black, was a good way to get your ass kicked. Hogan is full of shit-- what a novelty.