DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

PWInsider has a little bit more on the WWE/EVOLVE deal.

Is this really such great news for Indy wrestling as a whole? I don't know. Great news for Gabe and EVOLVE, for sure, but doesn't sound like great news for PWG, CZW, Chikara and all the other Indies out there to me.

Top level Indy wrestlers now have to face the decision, if they want to sign with EVOLVE, which doesn't guarantee a WWE contract at all, but does waive away the possibility of working for TNA and ROH.

From where I sit it's awful for indy wrestling.  If it stops with Gabe/Evolve, then the damage is minimal, but what if WWE wants to get their hands into more indies?  My immediate concern for this is that it eliminates revenue for guys, as you mentioned.  I don't think anyone has the pretense that it's good for the business outside of the immediate parties involved.

Also, speaking of Rude, I just realized a month ago that his first WCW song was basically "Black Cat" by Janet Jackson.

Also, speaking of Rude, I just realized a month ago that his first WCW song was basically "Black Cat" by Janet Jackson.

And to top it off, he wrote the song.

Damn it, Janet! Pop music is an upper body business!

PWInsider has a little bit more on the WWE/EVOLVE deal.

Is this really such great news for Indy wrestling as a whole? I don't know. Great news for Gabe and EVOLVE, for sure, but doesn't sound like great news for PWG, CZW, Chikara and all the other Indies out there to me.

Top level Indy wrestlers now have to face the decision, if they want to sign with EVOLVE, which doesn't guarantee a WWE contract at all, but does waive away the possibility of working for TNA and ROH.

From where I sit it's awful for indy wrestling.  If it stops with Gabe/Evolve, then the damage is minimal, but what if WWE wants to get their hands into more indies?  My immediate concern for this is that it eliminates revenue for guys, as you mentioned.  I don't think anyone has the pretense that it's good for the business outside of the immediate parties involved.

Mike Johnson at PWInsider is celebrating this like it's a huge positive thing for Indy wrestling.

What exactly is the WWE/Evolve deal?  I still haven't seen it laid out and confirmed anywhere I frequent (I don't use that many wrestling message boards/news sites, admittedly).  I gather WWE/NXT is supposedly doing some sort of deal with Evolve where they could possibly serve as a feeder system for WWE?  An unofficial development territory, maybe?

That could be good if it does help fast-track Evolve talent into NXT or the WWE.  I assume signing a contract with Evolve would preclude you from working elsewhere on the indys, with the inducement to sign with Evolve being the hope of getting into WWE.  Yeah, it could work out well for indy wrestling in general.  More likely, it will help Gabe lock up talent for Evolve, benefit WWE, and drain the talent pool of other indys, with the guys who sign with Evolve but don't make it to NXT or the WWE roster ending up worse off since they're only getting paid dates from Evolve.

I watched the yesterday's Chyna/Waltman segment on the "Opie and Jim Norton" show via Youtube.  Not the whole thing.  There's a segment on Youtube that picks up just before Waltman calls in to defend himself.  Yeah........  I feel dirty now.  Wish I had skipped that video altogether.

What exactly is the WWE/Evolve deal?  I still haven't seen it laid out and confirmed anywhere I frequent (I don't use that many wrestling message boards/news sites, admittedly).  I gather WWE/NXT is supposedly doing some sort of deal with Evolve where they could possibly serve as a feeder system for WWE?  An unofficial development territory, maybe?

That could be good if it does help fast-track Evolve talent into NXT or the WWE.  I assume signing a contract with Evolve would preclude you from working elsewhere on the indys, with the inducement to sign with Evolve being the hope of getting into WWE.  Yeah, it could work out well for indy wrestling in general.  More likely, it will help Gabe lock up talent for Evolve, benefit WWE, and drain the talent pool of other indys, with the guys who sign with Evolve but don't make it to NXT or the WWE roster ending up worse off since they're only getting paid dates from Evolve.

I watched the yesterday's Chyna/Waltman segment on the "Opie and Jim Norton" show via Youtube.  Not the whole thing.  There's a segment on Youtube that picks up just before Waltman calls in to defend himself.  Yeah........  I feel dirty now.  Wish I had skipped that video altogether.

What the fuck about the words "Chyna/Waltman on the "Opie and Jim Norton" show," made you want to click that video?  That is kind of like those YouTube videos of a catastrophic injury that people try to make me watch, my question as always is "What's in this for me?"

• Like 1

What the fuck about the words "Chyna/Waltman on the "Opie and Jim Norton" show," made you want to click that video?  That is kind of like those YouTube videos of a catastrophic injury that people try to make me watch, my question as always is "What's in this for me?"

Yeah, i don't disagree with any of that.  I have no idea why I wasted a half hour on it.  I knew it'd be a cesspool and... it was.  Alert the media!

I'll show myself to the "I am a Fool" thread now.

Poor heartbroken Rusev. This is going to end with him doing vodka shots in a karaoke bar with Dean Ambrose and getting on stage to sing "She's Like the Wind".

This is so wacky and awesome that it's probably a perfect way to turn Rusev face. It starts with Ambrose brushing past Rusev and Ambrose says something to Rusev about cheering up or whatever. Ambrose keeps going out of his way to help Rusev, which eventually leads to the two going out for drinks.

Eventually, we have Rusev saving Ambrose and then Rusev is the one who cuts the, "IF I CAN CHANGE, AND HE CAN CHANGE, WE CAN ALL CHANGE!" promo.

• Like 2

Poor heartbroken Rusev. This is going to end with him doing vodka shots in a karaoke bar with Dean Ambrose and getting on stage to sing "She's Like the Wind".

This is so wacky and awesome that it's probably a perfect way to turn Rusev face. It starts with Ambrose brushing past Rusev and Ambrose says something to Rusev about cheering up or whatever. Ambrose keeps going out of his way to help Rusev, which eventually leads to the two going out for drinks.

Eventually, we have Rusev saving Ambrose and then Rusev is the one who cuts the, "IF I CAN CHANGE, AND HE CAN CHANGE, WE CAN ALL CHANGE!" promo.

Are you trying to make Roman Reigns jealous?

Rusev v Reigns:  Ambrose on a Pole.  The money will be rolling in.

I stumbled across that on Limewire back in the day. It was my first exposure to Joe and Necro Butcher. Never realized that was Punk on commentary.

I think liver spots will instantly manifest on the back of my hands the second someone asks "What's Limewire?".

• Like 3

Just when you thought she couldn't get any dumber:

Thank you for today’s best wrestling story, TMZ Sports.

Brooke Hogan — daughter of The Hulkster and former attempted pop star — spoke to TMZ and revealed why she hated The Undertaker when she was little. If you guessed “because he defeated my dad for the WWF Championship,” or, “because he trapped the Ultimate Warrior in a casket,” think again.

Brooke explained her panty paranoia at the The Pool After Dark at Harrah’s in Atlantic City … saying that she thought he got his name “Undertaker” because he would “take underwear.”

Hogan says she was later convinced the guy was NOT a panty pilferer.

Nicely done, Brooke. How much scarier would that character be if he was exactly the same, but called THE PANTY PILFERER?

As an added bonus, stick around for the story about how she used to comb the Macho Man Randy Savage’s frizzy hair with her pink Barbie doll brush. If nothing else, Brooke had a very psychologically interesting childhood.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015/06/brooke-hogan-had-the-best-reason-ever-for-hating-the-undertaker/