DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

Jets just got fucked by the refs tonight. Ducks get away with penalties that lead to both of their goals, and the fuckhead zebras decide they can't count to six on a obvious too many men call with five minutes left in the game. May as well have had fucking Joey Crawford calling the game tonight.

Well, the Ducks did outplay the Jets for 2/3rds of the game. Through two games, as close as the scores have been, the Ducks have outclassed the Jets and it always felt like they'd manage to win even when they were trailing in the third.

And Andrew Ladd is brain dead. What was he thinking doing that? They've been roasting the Jets on the PP and you do that? At that time of the game?

The Jets with "playoff experience" have largely sucked in the first two games. Ladd in particular has been a shit abyss. Regardless, the refs refusing to call an obvious too many men call, and then fucking up the play that led to the game winning goal is inexcusable. I hope Paul Maurice earned himself a fine ripping those shitheads a 4th asshole during his press conference.

2 young women went to Montreal tonight in Senators' jerseys. They were hit with towels, poured beer on, and called "whores".

Www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/montreal/ottawa-senators-fan-katie-kerrick-harassed-at-habs-game-1.3039078

2 young women went to Montreal tonight in Senators' jerseys. They were hit with towels, poured beer on, and called "whores".

Www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/montreal/ottawa-senators-fan-katie-kerrick-harassed-at-habs-game-1.3039078

To be fair it's Montreal. They got off easy knowing those fans.

I know Craig Anderson is forever a b-list goalie but if he gets hot and stays hot this could yet be a series. He is one of those guys.

Remember that time he was in Colorado and made like 70 saves against San Jose, and then Dan Boyle scored a completely bizarre own goal in OT? One of the craziest games I've ever seen.

To be fair it's Montreal. They got off easy knowing those fans.
"Whores!" is actually a greeting in Quebecois French.

Speaking of fans treated poorly

//www.drivenbyboredom.com/bsides/open-letter-to-the-new-york-islanders/

While that's unacceptable I saw more than one account on the Islandermania board that they were going out of their way to antagonize people. The whole thing is really just another example why alcohol shouldn't be served at sporting events (but that will never happen because the teams/buildings make a killing serving beer).

Imagine what English football would be like if they allowed beer in the stands.

I'm sure the truth is likely somewhere in the middle of what the caps and islanders fans say.

(I just realized if the Islanders advance, i will likely be on Long Island in two weeks during a playoff run.)

I know Craig Anderson is forever a b-list goalie but if he gets hot and stays hot this could yet be a series. He is one of those guys.

Remember that time he was in Colorado and made like 70 saves against San Jose, and then Dan Boyle scored a completely bizarre own goal in OT? One of the craziest games I've ever seen.

For a reason. That goal was brutal. He didn't have a great deal of difficult saves to make up to that point other than the glove save late. Ottawa played their best game and it still wasn't enough. Sucks for them. Good on Tortorella for chasing Dale Weise (DUTCH GRETZKY) out of Vancouver too. Who wants a physical, good skating 4th liner with offensive upside?!

Kevin Bieksa is awful and needs to retire. Or play for Toronto.

As unpredictable and usually awful as Sbisa is, he's less damaging to Vancouver than #3. Every shift is an adventure (just as I'm typing this up, he's slashed Calgary's best player in the arm and given the puck away in his own zone) and his propensity to do the "I'M SUCH A BAD ASS I DON'T NEED TO TRY" routine of his has only gotten worse because in fact he's lost a stride, which he could dearly not afford to do.

Also, what gimp box did Willie Desjardins hide Kassian in? He hasn't played in forever and there's no word on what's the issue. He was on fucking fire in the second half of the season and was our second best forward behind Horvat for a stretch there.

I'm just taking these games as they come because I have no expectations for this team (outside of beating Calgary, which I still think they'll do in 7). They're a top 4 D (a Bieksa replacement) and a first line/second line tweener (or Kassian getting minutes and playing well) away from really contending. I don't think a team can do much when they've got Bonino AND Chris Higgins in the top 6 but then the team doesn't have a bunch of cap space with shitbums like Bieksa and Miller on the payroll. I hope at least one of those two are out before next season.