DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 2nd Half

ChesterCopperpot

Yeah, Harden is a giant douche.  So is the fucking ref who stood there with Harden armhooking LeBron right in front of him and did not blow the whistle.

LeBron had no one to blame but himself for the loss.    Trying to go impose his will on Ariza knowing his shots weren't falling and bricking free throws left and right.

The difference between Manu and Harden is that Manu flopped a ton, but didn't intentionally seek out contact on every play. Harden has found a way to commit an offensive foul on every possession and get rewarded for it. Yes, I understand that this is no different than Lebron or Shaq or Kobe when it was still legal to bring your arms into a defender on a jump shot. The difference is that Harden uses this tactic on literally 85% of his possessions.

Y'all are crazy. Its not a flop if you're actually getting hit. And he is beating his man consistently off the dribble to get into the paint to draw those fouls - where he's not charging chest first into people; he's getting hit with their arms as they reach for that ball he offers out and takes away.

And he usually finishes at the rim, or at least gets a decent shot off instead of throwing up a prayer and getting a bail out call.

Also, his flops are more just selling a hit with his head as opposed to the straight up soccer dives Manu does.

This Golden State team... Too much fun to watch. Just turned the game on, down by 10 late with the Splash Brothers struggling and now it's a 3 point game after a pair of Curry threes. Green is so key to their defense too. Pay that man.

This Golden State team... Too much fun to watch. Just turned the game on, down by 10 late with the Splash Brothers struggling and now it's a 3 point game after a pair of Curry threes. Green is so key to their defense too. Pay that man.

As a Warriors fan, I will take a loss on a back to back night when Curry doesn't do anything till the fourth, Klay doesn't do anything, and we still only lose by two points. Aggressive Bogut and productive Festus are far more important things in the long run.

now that I think about it, getting the 1 seed this year is a raw deal.  You're either getting the Spurs or the Thunder (or maybe the Pelicans, then, not so bad).  If you get Playoff Spurs, you're in trouble.  If you get the Thunder with Durant and Westbrook healthy, you're in trouble.

Fandom aside, I'm not sure I'd want a Rick Carlisle team in a 7 game series either.  I mean shit, Dallas was the only team to challenge San Antonio last year, with a far worse roster than what they have now.  Honestly, of the top 8 teams right now, Houston or the Clippers are probably the easiest route, just like they always are.

At least there is one thing to be excited about this season for us. The growth of Nerlens Noel.

Last 13 games:

13.4 ppg 7.8 rpg 1.5 stl 2.6 blk and 83% from the FT line.

The FT% is remarkable. After the first month of the season it was 42%.

Can I admit that I took a perverse amount of joy in the Cavs absolute shit kicking the Celtics last night? I feel like it was a personal attack on Bill Simmons stupid "God hates Cleveland" gimmick.

Although, to be fair, he does have a point. . . .He can go FUCK himself due to his homerism though. . .