DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

Hopefully the WHY IS THERE A SEQUEL TO CROUCHING DRAGON, GOD, WHY? people will shut up when they realize that CTHD is the third book of a series and this movie will be loosely based on the last novel, Iron Knight, Silver Vase.

I really do wish some publisher would get around to getting Western audiences a translation of the Crane - Iron books.

Donnie Yen will be fighting and Woo-Ping will be directing so I will be hitting up Netflix to check this out.  The rumors that Zhang Ziyi refused to reprise her role as Jen are slightly false.  She told the production company she'd come back if Ang Lee were directing, but CFG and Weinstein were looking to put more action into the film and hired Woo-Ping.

The reason we're not getting a theatrical showing is because Regal Entertainment Group wasn't too keen on Weinstein's plan to simultaneously release the movie on Netflix and IMAX via RADIUS-TWC.  REG thought the joint release was a betrayal of their Go Big Or Go Home mantra where they try to promote the theatrical experience as superior to On Demand programming via television, computer, or wireless device. 

Deadline are reporting that Idris Elba is the front runner to play Roland Deschain in the Dark Tower series with Matthew McConaughey playing the Man in Black.

Nikolaj Arcel will be directing  

I would watch the hell out of this.

Deadline are reporting that Idris Elba is the front runner to play Roland Deschain in the Dark Tower series with Matthew McConaughey playing the Man in Black.

That's too awesome to actually happen.

That's too awesome to actually happen.

Yeah, I mean Ron Howard a day before was saying they still have to get it greenlit. It went from that to "Yeah, we got Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey" the next day.

I await the veiled racism in the name of artistic accuracy despite the fact that King is an EP and has pull on the casting board.  Elba didn't make the short list without Crazy Steve's blessing.

The question is, should I travel 3 hours to see 3 hour long Hateful 8 at the only cinema in the UK showing it in 70mm?

Considering it has managed to have been fucked up twice so far at 70mm screenings, I'd be wary.

I'm also shocked that Tarantino's own theatre isn't set up for 70mm.

There's also people that like Independence Day and people that hate Independence Day so much the thought of another one makes them want to vomit.

Will Smith

Bill Pullman

Spielbergian positivity

Summer Blockbuster Bullshit

everyone loving it for no reason

Goddamn I hate that movie. The only good part was all the people dying in fire.

Yeah I went there