DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Well, that's perfect timing signing the always sturdy Darren McFadden. Crucify me on a cracker.

I like it. He's cheap. I really don't want them wasting a bunch of money at that position when they can draft a guy. Seeing Jerry be conservative with his money and disciplined in the draft the last couple seasons has been a nice change.

Saints trade Kenny Stills to the Dolphins

Fins give up Dannell Ellerbe and a 3rd round pick

Potential cut and he gets traded for a pretty good WR.   

I think I like Mike Tannenbaum. 

C'mon, you live in NYC?  Don't you remember when he ran the Jets?

C'mon, you live in NYC?  Don't you remember when he ran the Jets?

I remember the Jets getting to two more AFC championship games than the Dolphins did in the time he was GM.  

Right now, I want signs of fucking life from my team.  Don't pretend to speak for my mindset.   

I got Suh, Stills, and Cameron this offseason.   So far, so good. 

• Like 1

Deadspin article on what exactly the Saints are doing

Chip Kelly's busy gutting the Eagles roster and reshaping it to his liking, but let's turn to the Saints, who are just throwing shit all over the office this week.
One theory is that the Saints are doing their best to fix their cap situation. Drew Brees has ridiculous money coming his way over the next two seasons, and since he hasn't restructured yet, he probably won't be restructuring. Moving Grubbs frees up some space. Stills, however, is on his rookie deal. He's making about half a million this year.

they also quoted Adam Beasley

A source told me that Drew Brees was not happy with either Ben Grubbs or Kenny Stills. No coincidence that they're both gone.

http://deadspin.com/what-the-hell-are-the-saints-doing-1691314137?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Interesting stuff

No one can say the Bills aren't trying. I like the new owner, for better or worse they are at least actively trying to improve the team and spending money to do it.  The only risk with signing Harvin for one year is if he has a great season he will likely leave next year.

So far, it seems like Miami is having the best offseason with the Colts at a close second.

I'm not sure if putting themselves in Cap Hell next offseason is a great idea (Suh's cap hit next year is $28 Million, highest in the league), now if they can unload Wallace and get picks in the process, I may agree with you.  A New England fan will probably come in and disagree, but I find it notable that the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets are all going all-out trying to improve their teams while the Patriots lost players.  Next season should be interesting, the Patriots are still the team to beat but I think the gap has closed a bit.

No one can say the Bills aren't trying. I like the new owner, for better or worse they are at least actively trying to improve the team and spending money to do it.  The only risk with signing Harvin for one year is if he has a great season he will likely leave next year.

But with Sammy and Robert Woods, he won't be more than a 3rd receiver anyway. I like it; kick the tires and see what he's got left. . . . 

Reggie Bush to the Jags

He's visiting New England. Jags supposedly not in his top 3.

Hey I was just quoting one of the NFL guys - fuck was it

Now I have to go look