DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

For reals man. Bring me the coach who won a playoff game with that guy. 

Exactly. Well, and also make sure Chris Conte never plays another down for the Bears. That guy is not got and really weird too.

How much of the Tebow Experiment was due to Fox's actual coaching ability or because he simply threw the playbook out the window with Tebow playing backyard football?

That's not a knock against Fox.  He did have Denver's defense going strong that year.  But I can't imagine he did that much offensive coaching.  How could he?  He literally had no idea which direction Tebow would go.

John Fox took a Jake Delhomme team to the Super Bowl and was 3 points away from winning it.

He has a career record of 126-96. Took teams to the playoffs 7 times.

Y'all have really weird standards for "terrible coaches"

I don't think he's terrible by any means, I'm just asking the question of how good is he.  I didn't remember specific stats and players from his Carolina run other than the core guys.  I feel like it's hard to judge him on his time in Denver because I think you could throw a lot of guys at that Denver job and they'd have been successful. 

Also let's not pretend that there was something wrong or negative about prime Jake Delhomme.  A lot of coaches would have been more than happy to have Jake Delhomme in his prime because he was one of the best QBs in the league for a few seasons.    

Shame on you for thinking Mike Vick was better than Jake Delhomme.  And at the time where Delhomme was really slinging it, Tom Brady was still a "game manager" style of QB. 

Edit: I pulled up stats and compared from 2003-2005 when Delhomme was his best.  His stats were better than Vick, Brees, and McNabb in that time frame.  Similar numbers to Brady but Brady threw less picks and his rating was higher.  Favre had better numbers two of those three years and Hasselbeck was slightly better each of those years.  Peyton Manning was pretty much untouchable in that timeframe. 

How good of a coach is John Fox? Would Denver have been equally as successful with another coach? I feel like they had the offensive weapons in place to be good.

I could be wrong, but I think that both of the Thomases (Demaryius and Julius) are free agents this off-season.

Short of a franchise tag, I don't think either of them is coming back to Denver to play with Brock Osweiler.

Jets hire Todd Bowles.

Like the hire. That said, Dan Quinn was their first choice (Woody was apparently ready to fly straight to Seattle and offer him the job if they lost this weekend), but they didn't want to risk him snubbing them. That's so Jets.

Yeah - I am little surprised Bowles went to the Jets since he pretty much was going to have his pick of jobs AND he knew that he wasn't their first choice.

Of course - he also has to report directly to Woody Johnson, which will be a nightmare

I am really surprised from how quickly Denver has gone from Superbowl contender to "it could all blow up". Though I won't actually believe in that blow up unless I see it, mind you.

They were always a bad QB hit away from that while Manning was there.

So it looks like the Skins will hire Joe Barry as the defensive coordinator.  I believe he is the current LB coach of the Chargers but it sounds like his legacy is that he was the coordinator for the 0-16 Detroit Lions.   So in other words a PERFECT hire   :lol:

• Like 1

So it looks like the Skins will hire Joe Barry as the defensive coordinator.  I believe he is the current LB coach of the Chargers but it sounds like his legacy is that he was the coordinator for the 0-16 Detroit Lions.   So in other words a PERFECT hire   :lol:

Well that and his defenses gave up the most points in a two year period of a DC ever

B7UoJ2lCAAEGW_C.jpg

Well that and his defenses gave up the most points in a two year period of a DC ever

B7UoJ2lCAAEGW_C.jpg

Props to the Raiders' DC for making it for both 2012-13 and 2013-14. Also to Jim Haslett for making the list with two different teams.