DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Ugh the idea that the Bucs are going to draft Winston just feels like they are ignoring the Elephant in the room.  Tampa had the single worst offensive line when it came to run blocking (which just makes Doug Martin a waste of space) and the fourth worst offensive line when it came to pass blocking (giving up sacks almost 10% of the time).  Tampa should be shopping that number 1 pick and try and get some sort of haul for it; even if it's not as bountiful as the StL/Washington trade.

I just feel like it doesn't matter who they draft as a QB right now, they'd be doomed to mediocrity from the start.

Report: Jeff Ireland joining Saints personnel department

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Saints are hiring former Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland to do college scouting for the team. The Saints saw director of pro personnel Ryan Pace become the General Manager in Chicago and he took area scout Josh Lucas with him to be the Bears’ director of player personnel.

After just reading the headline I thought that meant he was going to be the new GM in New Orleans.  I already had like ten lines of LOLSAINTS ready to go.  I am disappoint.

Doug Marrone to the Jags to be Assistant HC/OL Coach

Why he didn't want to sit out the year is beyond me.

Gets 4m to chill in Florida and rehab his image. If Jack Del Rio and Gary Kuback can get second jobs Marrone won't have a problem.

Also the odds of the Jags giving up more sacks this year is slim so he'll get credit for the turn around