Here's my plan

-Roman wins the Rumble

-Brock retains against Cena

-Cena feuds with Rollins heavy leading toa gimmick match at WM

-Ambrose goes over some top guys, Big Show and Orton

Wrestlemania

-Rollins defeats Cena in some crazy match leaving both banged up

-Ambrose goes over Orton in a hard fought respectable contest

-Roman goes over Brock clean, crowd is so so, Rollins shows up. Gives a promo about how he's waited long enough. He's cashing in. Ambrose shows up to spoil it, Rollins says fuck it. 3 way, right there for the title as the ghost main event for Wrestlemania.

After that it doesn't matter who wins, they're all stars.

• Like 7

I'm probably one of the few people who wouldn't mind another Miz WWE Championship run. If you book him like the Honky Tonk Man, it would probably work very well. 

Or they could just give him in the IC Title and give him a Honky Tonk Man style run there. That belt needs SOMETHING to rejuvenate it. A year of people chasing a guy and failing to beat him might do the trick. 

I feel like Miz has been Intercontinental champion for like 4 or 5 years now, to be honest, so I could do without him holding the title. I don't remember whether I said it here or somewhere else, but my honest to God opinion on elevating the IC title: put it on Orton or Cena as long as Brock is off TV with the World belt. Just treat it like the top title with no further explanation.

Here's my plan

-Roman wins the Rumble

Wrestlemania

-Roman goes over Brock clean, crowd is so so, Rollins shows up. Gives a promo about how he's waited long enough. He's cashing in. Ambrose shows up to spoil it, Rollins says fuck it. 3 way, right there for the title as the ghost main event for Wrestlemania.

That is such a fantastic idea for WM, and I'd love to see it, but I don't think it would happen. A Shield-Powers Explode three way dance would be such a great match with a build in story, but I could see WWE thinking they would be leaving money on the table by running that match unannounced. Plus, timing is such an issue with Mania-- matches getting cut, etc.-- they would have to make DAMN sure they left enough time for this to go on last.

Here's my plan

-Roman wins the Rumble

Wrestlemania

WWE wouldn't have the balls to use WM to create stars and set the stage as the event where ANYTHING can happen. The WWE product doesn't need a complete shakeup from head-to-toe, but doing stuff as you mentioned is so tiny and yet so HUGE at the same time.

As a side to all of this, I can't be the only one who doesn't want Roman Reigns winning RR this year right? The guy has "Die Rocky Die" written all over him.

• Like 2

Here's my plan

-Roman wins the Rumble

Wrestlemania

WWE wouldn't have the balls to use WM to create stars and set the stage as the event where ANYTHING can happen. The WWE product doesn't need a complete shakeup from head-to-toe, but doing stuff as you mentioned is so tiny and yet so HUGE at the same time.

As a side to all of this, I can't be the only one who doesn't want Roman Reigns winning RR this year right? The guy has "Die Rocky Die" written all over him.

I REALLY Don't want Roman winning the Rumble. When he got injured he lost a lot of momentum imo. Id give it to Ambrose or Rollins.

Just to prove I'm not Cornette, I do enjoy Kevin Steen, wondering if they will let him have a personality and legitimate chance to stand out and not be generic former indy star number 4. Certainly won't be using the package piledriver.

I should hope not; it's a terrible finisher.

What is the last heel that made you really mad at him or her just based on his or her kayfabe behavior?

For me, watching 1997 Bret Hart reminds me of how much I genuinely hated the whiny little America-hating bastard at the time. I knew that he was going to beat 'Taker at Summerslam because of the stipulations, but I was still irate nonetheless. By God, I rooted for the Patriot against Bret Hart, an unthinkable offense which I apologize for here. Of course, now most of his work from that time just makes me laugh because I'm cynical and I enjoy wrestling in a different way now than I did then, but back then, I was desperate for someone, anyone, to beat him. The whole Montreal Screwjob thing has me feeling really ripped off because Austin beating Bret for the title would have blown the roof off.

Anyway, who is the last heel that actually made you mad?

What is the last heel that made you really mad at him or her just based on his or her kayfabe behavior?

For me, watching 1997 Bret Hart reminds me of how much I genuinely hated the whiny little America-hating bastard at the time. I knew that he was going to beat 'Taker at Summerslam because of the stipulations, but I was still irate nonetheless. By God, I rooted for the Patriot against Bret Hart, an unthinkable offense which I apologize for here. Of course, now most of his work from that time just makes me laugh because I'm cynical and I enjoy wrestling in a different way now than I did then, but back then, I was desperate for someone, anyone, to beat him. The whole Montreal Screwjob thing has me feeling really ripped off because Austin beating Bret for the title would have blown the roof off.

I loved the NWO, but I distinctly remember thinking that they had gone too far when Hennig turned on the Horsemen during War Games and slammed Flair's head in the cage door. They showed some kind of operating room picture of Flair on Nitro the next night and it disturbed the shit out of young me.

I would have to say Flair/Anderson between 1995 and 1996. Those heels to the eyes looked real and they were beating all of my favorite guys. Anderson/Flair both looked old and were boring to me so a younger me saw no reason for their employment and thought WCW should get their old asses out of there! Since then..I cannot think of anyone as heels basically break down like this.

1. Cool Heels (DX, NWO, Rock, Chris Hero, Austin Aries, etc.)

2. Boring Heels* (Curtis Axel, Drew McIntrye, Jack Swagger, etc.)

3. Go-Away Heels** (Vickie Guerrero, The Miz, Cody Rhodes, etc.).

* These guys do bad things but are so boring in execution that I just flat out do not care.

** Usually mediocre-bad performers turning it up TOO MUCH while at the same time not doing anything. Go Away Heat is normally associated with this bunch.

Here's my plan

-Roman wins the Rumble

Wrestlemania

I like the idea of the WM main, but I would have Ambrose win EC, or maybe Ambrose wins the Rumble and have Reigns win EC, just have some situation where all 3 Shield guys are entitled to a title shot.

The way Cesaro has been getting jobbed out as of late makes me think there's no way they'd give him the rub at the Rumble, even though it would have made sense had they kept the momentum he had post-Mania and set up a battle of the Paul Heyman guys.

We really need to do a "Lucha for Beginners" thread whether anyone checks it out or not. Hey, it's been awhile since the All Japan novices thread...

Cranky Vince: "YOU'LL GET CENA WINNING AT THE GODDAMN RUMBLE AND YOU'LL LIKE IT. THAT'S THE ONLY WAY WE GET THAT SACK OF SHIT LESNAR OUT OF THE CONTRACT AND BACK TO UFC, LET HIM COME BEGGING BACK ALL CRIPPLED UP. NOW WHERE'S MY TUNA SANDWICH?!"

I really can't think of the last time a heel really made me mad aside from abject, X-Pac, go-away hatred, like for guys like Justin Credible, Konnan, Jarrett, all of the NWO... okay, that was probably legit hatred. I wanted DDP or Goldberg to kick the shit out of them every show. 

I was a huge Bret Hart kid so I was with him throughout 1997. I felt he really WAS being screwed over time and time again.

Now, I couldn't stand Yokozuna during his dominant run. I wanted ANYONE to beat him. I cheered for fucking "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and I wasn't even a Duggan kid. I understand why WWE always chose to have a babyface champion but I think there's a place for dominant heels. It's so much more enjoyable when a babyface ends their reign of terror.

WWE really needs to address the Lesnar situation ASAP. The champion is just invisible, no one mentions him and no one seems to care that the WWE Champion is on vacation.

Why is everyone on the roster seemingly okay with the champ not being around? It's almost as if no one cares about the WWE Championship any more. 

• Like 1

Reading the fantasy booking in here I'm saddened that there was not a big whiteboard in WWE creative with the words:

"SHIELD TRIPLE (THREAT NOT H) MANIA ARCH STANTON GRAVE ECSTASY ROLLINS/VANCLEEF, AMBROSE/WALLACH, REIGNS/EASTWOOD"

There's still time, right? 

• Like 1