DVDVR Message Board

TNA NEWS and DISCUSSION THREAD

jaedmc

From the interview:

Daniels: I mean, I heard scuzzlebutt but there was never any proof or anything that made me go, “Oh that had to be Vince Russo,” because a lot of it really, like any of those guys could of written that. I don’t think Vince was writing any specific stuff. I think it was just a collaborate effort and if he was one of the cooks in the kitchen, and nothing was so obviously him that it made me go, “Oh, it must be him.”

He heard Scuzzlebutt? What about ManBearPig? I'm super cereal!

Yikes, I'm no grammar nazi, but come on!

-Scuzzlebutt?!

-"could of"

-"I think it was just collaborate effort"

Scuzzlebutt is amazing, though.

Yes.

“All these people say, ‘I hope you go out of business’ — why would you ever want that? You don’t think we make wrestling better just by exposing more people and giving people more options? It’s the most ludicrous, shortsighted thing — the sheer absurdity and stupidity of it blows my mind,” she says. “I feel sorry for the wrestling business if we’re not around.

http://grantland.com/features/tna-professional-wrestling-dixie-carter-jeff-jarrett-wwe/

Nothing new but at least it's not written by that goof that usually does the wrestling stuff there.

Other than BFG in October, this week's TV tapings are the last scheduled events for 2014.  Maybe another set of tapings in New York in January and then the annual European tour which will also include a set of TV tapings.

I think a fair comparison would be TNA's pay and benefits to that of NXT.

Don't remember where but I read recently that NXT guys make between 20-30k a year. Not sure about Benefits. That sound pretty much on par with what the lower TNA guys were making. Now that they're allowed to work indies, it should be more.

http://grantland.com/features/tna-professional-wrestling-dixie-carter-jeff-jarrett-wwe/

Nothing new but at least it's not written by that goof that usually does the wrestling stuff there.

Other than BFG in October, this week's TV tapings are the last scheduled events for 2014.  Maybe another set of tapings in New York in January and then the annual European tour which will also include a set of TV tapings.

I'm not a big Masked Man guy, either. It's not necessarily that his shit is bad, but he writes one column a month, if that, and he gets all weird about comparing WWE to literature and talking about post-modern shoot promos and all this type of shit-- he overthinks everything IMO.

I think a fair comparison would be TNA's pay and benefits to that of NXT.

Don't remember where but I read recently that NXT guys make between 20-30k a year. Not sure about Benefits. That sound pretty much on par with what the lower TNA guys were making. Now that they're allowed to work indies, it should be more.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel that guys working on national TV shouldn't be getting paid less than I do to sit at a desk and fuck around all day. Sure, it's not like they're making $30 a night to work for Continental, but there's no way it can be a positive thing that your Women's Champion is working at Sunglass Hut. NXT is understandable because it's developmental and has an hour of TV on the in-house Network. Those guys are, in essence, being 1) paid to learn and 2) getting paid to have an opportunity to work their way into the WWE machine. I was appalled when I read in that Grantland article that AJ Styles was being asked to take a 40% pay cut.

To reiterate what I've said in this and other threads, I absolutely don't want to see TNA fail, but things like that just kind of make it difficult to root for them, ya dig?

In the latest AJ Styles update, The Wrestling Observer is now reporting that TNA's original offer to AJ Styles was somewhere in the neighborhood of $200,000 per year. That's a significant reduction from the $350,000 he was said to have earned in 2013. This is the deal that Styles was said to have turned down.

I was trying to find stories about Styles' negotiations and this was the best I could find.

TNA seems to have a really lopsided pay structure. The top guys apparently make six figures, but the wrestlers at the bottom are surviving on food stamps. 

This is not going to sound honest, but it is. I want someone to suggest a TNA match that I might actually like. I've seen spatterings. I have almost no use at all for the x-division style. Likewise the Abyss garbage match stuff. I think my working favorite TNA match now is the first 2/3 of Dustin vs Jarrett from years and years ago though it has a terrible Planet Jarrett ending. I assume the answer is going to be some sort of Southern Tag with great FIP and hot tag and a clean finish or a Mad Mikey match r something but I'm sort of curious. Most of the things people list for best TNA matches ever are things I don't want to touch like a ten foot pole.