DVDVR Message Board

WWE SummerSlam 2013.

The Natural

Everybody needs to remember where Batista was before joining Evolution. He was just coming off of the Deacon Batista role, had a few matches where Ric was "scouting" him, and then when he was in Evolution, he was hidden in tag matches or as the bodyguard/enforcer type outside the ring while the other guys did most of the work. Thus, slating Mason Ryan or somebody like that who hasn't done a whole lot yet in that spot isn't completely out of the question. However, I don't see an Evolution 2.0 thing happening. There doesn't need to be another faction running around, and Orton doesn't need any cronies.

Yeah, WWE needs another heel stable like I need a hole in my head. I think a "two-man power trip" type thing would work much better.
Think of HHH as performing many of the functions of a heel manager, but not being called a manager. It makes sense that his character would want to have his preferred guys holding the other titles. HHH would want to give the company a make-over in his own image.

Kind of hard to be a poor man's Tully when you've been WWE champion but I appreciate the sentiment.

He's more of a Paul Roma if you want to go that route

I am really glad you brought that up.

Miz is the worst WWE champion ever (leaving Vince out of it). He's the worst WWE champion pretty much unquestionably.

Who's the second worst? To me, the next rung of guys is both very broad and really quite a ways off from Miz.

The next tier is: Slaughter, Sid, Kane, RVD, Jeff, Sheamus, Mysterio, ADR. Jericho.

These are the guys who had the least impressive runs. Don't get me wrong, I love Slaughter and I think his wrestling during his run was great. He was busting his ass, but no one can call that run impressive. Stasiak is also a possibility but I hate to put him in there since I haven't seen anything from that era really.

With Sid at least, he'll always have the match at MSG with Shawn that no one can take from him and that I will defend to the death. The rest of the list I can take or leave.
  • Like 2

Meltzer keeps hinting that they have absolutely no faith in Barrett now for some reason, but never really elaborates.

Every time they had major plans for him he got hurt in the early part of them.  It's not his fault, they just can't trust him to not get injured at a key point.

Meltzer keeps hinting that they have absolutely no faith in Barrett now for some reason, but never really elaborates.

Every time they had major plans for him he got hurt in the early part of them.  It's not his fault, they just can't trust him to not get injured at a key point.

His biggest injury came from saving Ziggler from basically getting killed, so this is a pretty major injustice.

Posted Image

He really shouldn't be allowed to do this move anymore.

It was Brock's fault. Punk is right handed not left handed. Brock should have turned around to get into the correct position.

And every other time that Punk has done it, where it sucked shit, against all of his opponents, ever, that was all their faults too?

• Like 4

Whoever had the idea to tag Barrett with Regal had a good one. He also said put those two in NeoEvolution, but really, just make them a tag team based around the crafty old master and his fledgling pupil and you've got something.

Before they officially broke up Rhodes-Scholars, my idea was to have a Blue Bloods/"high society" type stable with those guys, Regal as the mouthpiece, and Barrett as the muscle. You could've also shoehorned Otunga in there since he went to Harvard law. I would've ran 90's style vignettes with them trying to teach Barett manners and putting him on a date in a nice restaurant ala Charlie's date on It's Always Sunny, except instead of being a "full on rapist" he scares her away because all he talks about is the IC title and bare knuckle foightin'.

Much as I wanted to see Bryan walk out with the belt, I've got to admit this is a better finish for him. This allows him to stay face and gives him the justification to turn into the psychotic bastard that he can do so well. Fucking heads will get kicked in. It's going to be marvellous.

Hm. Is Roma better than Miz? I actually don't think Roma's role in the horsemen WAS the Tully role even though i know they were looking to bring Tully in instead. They were babyfaces for one. He had a totally different physique. 

Everybody needs to remember where Batista was before joining Evolution. He was just coming off of the Deacon Batista role, had a few matches where Ric was "scouting" him, and then when he was in Evolution, he was hidden in tag matches or as the bodyguard/enforcer type outside the ring while the other guys did most of the work. Thus, slating Mason Ryan or somebody like that who hasn't done a whole lot yet in that spot isn't completely out of the question.However, I don't see an Evolution 2.0 thing happening. There doesn't need to be another faction running around, and Orton doesn't need any cronies.

Pus there were constant rumors that Jindrak would be joining Evolution, so I can definitely see a returning Mason Ryan or a stalled out face like Kofi turning to join.

Hm. Is Roma better than Miz? I actually don't think Roma's role in the horsemen WAS the Tully role even though i know they were looking to bring Tully in instead. They were babyfaces for one. He had a totally different physique.

Were any of miz's teams better than power and glory?

Yes. Miz & Morrison were much better than Power & Glory.

You're nuts.

I know I'm fairly new here, but Power & Glory isn't the next "they sucked but really they didn't" team, are they? Because that would be rough.