DVDVR Message Board

WWE SummerSlam 2013.

The Natural

You guys know that I'm not particularly pro or anti Cena, but for all of the "Cena is a caricature of a wrestler" shit, he was everything a pro wrestler in his position is supposed to be yesterday.

And WWE "corporate" clearly doesn't hate Daniel Bryan. I know kayfabe is dead and all, but can we please leave meta-kayfabe alive so we can at least pretend to suspend disbelief? Besides, Bryan acknowledged Cena's ability in-storyline when he slapped him back.

Funny people thinking Wade Barrett will ever be relevant again. I'm a big supporter of him, but if he continues in the "We need someone to do a job, but that's not a jobber" role, he's dead in the water.

I'd like to know how Gonzalez knows DBryans merch isn't selling. 

I'm just predicting it.

Fine maybe a couple of shirts will sell, but I can't see kids thinking the Beard gear is all that cool. 

Basically, attempting to be the FSW to Bryan's Punk.

Everybody needs to remember where Batista was before joining Evolution. He was just coming off of the Deacon Batista role, had a few matches where Ric was "scouting" him, and then when he was in Evolution, he was hidden in tag matches or as the bodyguard/enforcer type outside the ring while the other guys did most of the work. Thus, slating Mason Ryan or somebody like that who hasn't done a whole lot yet in that spot isn't completely out of the question.

However, I don't see an Evolution 2.0 thing happening. There doesn't need to be another faction running around, and Orton doesn't need any cronies.

• Like 1

I want that team regardless. That's the type of team the tag division needs.

I really like Regal/Cesaro more but Cesaro is sort of already in a team. I had them in my Dolph version of the horsemen in my head from back when Flair first showed back up. 

Kind of hard to be a poor man's Tully when you've been WWE champion but I appreciate the sentiment.

He's more of a Paul Roma if you want to go that route

I am really glad you brought that up.

Miz is the worst WWE champion ever (leaving Vince out of it). He's the worst WWE champion pretty much unquestionably. 

Who's the second worst? To me, the next rung of guys is both very broad and really quite a ways off from Miz. 

The next tier is: Slaughter, Sid, Kane, RVD, Jeff, Sheamus, Mysterio, ADR. Jericho.

These are the guys who had the least impressive runs. Don't get me wrong, I love Slaughter and I think his wrestling during his run was great. He was busting his ass, but no one can call that run impressive. Stasiak is also a possibility but I hate to put him in there since I haven't seen anything from that era really. 

• Like 1

Miz successfully defended the title in the main event of Wrestlemania, which unfortunately puts him ahead of that pack a little. I'd say the one they booked the worst was Rey.  He lost constantly.  I fucking love Rey too so please don't misconstrue this as hatred.

Maybe Swagger though.  Nobody even remembered he was champion by the time they were done with him.

I don't think it's just booking. The belt was a lot worse off after Miz had it. That's probably true for Rey's World Title run too (though that's not the same as his WWE title run), to the point that I could see them pulling that same crap with Bryan and am kind of glad Bryan is chasing. He'll get to a higher level that way than if he had a lameduck run.

I said at the time that Tully is the guy Miz should be patterned after. He obviously doesnt have Tully's talent, but he could have leanred how to be a sneaky, smarmy undersized heel from watching Tully, especially pre-Horsemen Tully.

Everybody needs to remember where Batista was before joining Evolution. He was just coming off of the Deacon Batista role, had a few matches where Ric was "scouting" him, and then when he was in Evolution, he was hidden in tag matches or as the bodyguard/enforcer type outside the ring while the other guys did most of the work. Thus, slating Mason Ryan or somebody like that who hasn't done a whole lot yet in that spot isn't completely out of the question.

However, I don't see an Evolution 2.0 thing happening. There doesn't need to be another faction running around, and Orton doesn't need any cronies.

Yeah, WWE needs another heel stable like I need a hole in my head. I think a "two-man power trip" type thing would work much better.

Miz was decent enough on the stick for a while. That interview he did when feuding against MVP where he went from the backstage to the ring was an all-time great promo. I also liked his brawl against Alex Riley. And his stuff w/ Morrison was also pretty good. He's had his moments.

I think Barrett's good enough to get over after losing as much as he has. The dude was main eventing for half a year right out of the gate. They obviously have a lot of faith in him but have wanted to run with other guys. I think Barrett would be a great conniving scumbag in an alliance of some sort. He's the perfect guy to try and stage a power play/political coup down the line. He'd also be a perfect suck-up to Vince, especially for everyone who remembers how he debuted leading an evil Communist faction. That's great heel hypocrisy.