DVDVR Message Board

WWE SummerSlam 2013.

The Natural

Austin joining Vince had its own logical explanation.After his loss to HHH in the 3 Stages of Hell, Austin became paranoid that he didn't have it anymore and the business was passing him by. With this being the first time in his career that he had some self-doubt, he turned to the onean Austin knew had the power to manipulate everything to his advantage. Vince, seeing Austin as still the best and the biggest pain in the ass ever in his life, jumped at the opportunity to work with Austin instead of against him, and remove the biggest headache in his life. Plus it had to please him to no end for Austin to grovel for his help.

This captured it perfectly. The ONE thing they could have done to cement Austin as the uber-heel they wanted was for him to publicly grovel. I always thought they should have had Austin come out in a suit and willingly join the Kiss My Ass Club the night after that WrestleMania. That would have destroyed their 3:16 sales, though.

RE Christian: I have a hunch he might be an agent (or a player/coach in Orlando) by 2014 if not sooner. The latter is an easy weekly jaunt on I-4 for him and he's more than capable of doing that.

He could also be very good commentator as well.

RE Christian: I have a hunch he might be an agent (or a player/coach in Orlando) by 2014 if not sooner. The latter is an easy weekly jaunt on I-4 for him and he's more than capable of doing that.

Sure. And with JBL and his busman's holidays they need a fill-in eventually. But I think Regal got to the apprentice spot first.

Sure. And with JBL and his busman's holidays they need a fill-in eventually. But I think Regal got to the apprentice spot first.

Which is fine since Regal is Regal.

Some of you think Punk/Brock won't continue? I see this going on for a bit longer with Punk trying to earn Brock Lesnar's respect, with Punk challenging Brock again and getting beat again, but he shows even more heart in that re-match. Then they can do a third match and build to it with there being serious concern for Punk's health, but he winds up pulling out the victory, he gets to thrash Heyman, and he gets Brock's respect.

Some of you think Punk/Brock won't continue? I see this going on for a bit longer with Punk trying to earn Brock Lesnar's respect, with Punk challenging Brock again and getting beat again, but he shows even more heart in that re-match. Then they can do a third match and build to it with there being serious concern for Punk's health, but he winds up pulling out the victory, he gets to thrash Heyman, and he gets Brock's respect.

This is really simple. Punk= Sting, Brock= Vader. With the right two guys, it will never not work.

• Like 1

- Brock vs. Punk was the MOTN, and a definite MOTYC, as many have already said. The place was nuclear hot for this match, and popped huge for every big move. An ECW chant started up after Punk's Diving Chair spot; I was kind of surprised how many actually recognized that as a New Jack spot. Every submission got a huge "TAP! TAP! TAP!" chant, and I was a little surprised Punk was able to pull off the Anaconda Vise (thought Brock's arms might be to big to execute it properly). I didn't like Brock winning, but they told their story masterfully, with Punk's need to get at Heyman being his undoing. I'm thinking this leads to a rematch where Paul won't (in theory) be a factor. Hell in a Cell, maybe?

I feel like the follow-up should be Punk trying to get at Heyman by going after Curtis Axel's I-C title at Night of Champions, maybe by forcing his way into some sort of match on Raw to determine who the #1 contender should be. And I think Punk should lose that match because that is the best outcome for building to Team Punk vs Team Heyman at Survivor Series.

It's funny that the wrestling audience was so conditioned that they didn't see the finish coming. I watched the show with a roommate who doesn't ever watch wrestling and that flying knee was so brutal he immediately said "that has to be it."

It shouldn't. Brock shouldn't lose between now and WM at the very least.

It shouldn't. Brock shouldn't lose between now and WM at the very least.

Unless it's to Bryan as a roadblock placed in front of his title quest, (though I agree with whoever said that that would be better after Mania, when he could be thrown at then-champ Bryan by Corporate-Trips to try to dethrone him)

Bryan's merch seems to be selling pretty well if you sort by "best sellers" on WWE Shop's website.

Small thing I loved at the end of Bryan-Cena was how Cena was up and kind of groggily arguing with HHH after the pinfall. I think it added a little "realism" to it because it reminded me of something you see at the end of a UFC fight. Yes, the knee was devastating looking, but in reality it's not something that should knock Cena out cold for 5 minutes like you often see with WWE finishers.

That ending was kind of like, Cena did get knocked the fuck out, but then awoke and was like "Whoa, what happened? I didn't lose. Why is he celebrating, re-start the match!"