DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

I play football on Sunday's with a decent group of guys, we are all old and play physical but not insane.

A group of dudes who play on a rec football team wanted to play a scrimmage, we said sure why not.

Got a concussion, a strained shoulder and two stitches in my ear because some dude blindsided me after an interception with a shoulder to the head.

Never playing a "friendly scrimmage" with that group again. I have no recollection of the hit or the five minutes afterwards but I am told it was insanely dirty. Also he came over, apologized and then left immediately. Oh well, live and learn. Just stick to my group where the worst injury we have ever had was a bloody nose and a sprained ankle.

After trying to stubbornly tough out an irregular heartbeat, sharp pains when inhaling/exhaling and sensitive to the touch skeletal pain over my left chest, I'm going to check myself into the ER. I'm really worried and have no idea what it could be. I mean, for fucks sake, I turned 29 on Sat. and shouldn't be dealing with something like this already.

This last year has been the worst ever. Losing both parents, incurring their debt with absolutely no support or acknowledgement from the rest of my family, while also fighting a deep depression for a long time now.

So, just some positive vibes if you can spare some, brothers. Thanks.

After trying to stubbornly tough out an irregular heartbeat, sharp pains when inhaling/exhaling and sensitive to the touch skeletal pain over my left chest, I'm going to check myself into the ER. I'm really worried and have no idea what it could be. I mean, for fucks sake, I turned 29 on Sat. and shouldn't be dealing with something like this already.

This last year has been the worst ever. Losing both parents, incurring their debt with absolutely no support or acknowledgement from the rest of my family, while also fighting a deep depression for a long time now.

very sorry, I hope things get better.

Is this where I complain about spending four hours in the hospital to find out I have kidney stones? Not only am I in the worst pain I've ever felt, but now I get to live in fear of every pee over the next few days. I normally love peeing.

Wow, good vibes to you. That's a shit year that no one should have to endure.

Insurance company is being really dodgy on a complications clause from my son's birth.  10 weeks later, and we've only been able to get them to tell us that they'll tell us what, if any, they'll pay in a couple weeks.  Maybe.  Even getting that far required us threatening to sic a pack of lawyers on em.  Meanwhile the hospital has already started the collections process, and I can't really blame em for it.  It's getting to the point where we're looking at footing a 10K hospital bill ourselves, and hoping the insurance company pays us back at least something later on.

Only good thing is that that's the last time we have to deal with that company.  Everything from here on is on my work policy, which is a million times easier to deal with.

Hadn't thought of that.  Might be a good idea.  It's looking increasingly like the policy we were sold did not cover what the person we contracted with (who is separate from the actual insurance company) to get it said it covered. 

One small piece of good news is that the insurance company has been asking the doctor if the C-section was really an emergency.  That will be pretty easy to prove and/or get the doctor to sign off on.  The fact that they're evaluating it rather than dismissing it out of hand is something, at least.

Ah, insurance companys questioning medical emergencies.

Took me 9 months to win the fight with my insurance to pay, because they thought I might've sent my daughter to the NICU for a week just because I thought it'd be cool.

That was an awesome $16k bill to fight over.

During my wife's chemo, my insurance company denied valid claims - just because - at least 50 times. Not bad for five months.

Their favorite tactic was to claim her doctor was out of network even after approving a claim for the same doctor a week earlier. They also liked to say her chemo pump wasn't medically necessary after approving it the week before.

My wife ended up dealing with the hospital directly and managed to knock off almost half of the bill.  We sent ahead and paid the rest.  Hopefully we'll get that reimbursed from the insurance at some point, but at least it will get the collectors off of our backs.  At worst we'll be out the remainder, but we'll never have to deal with that insurance company or especially the woman that sold the policy again.  I can live with that.  She has been getting increasingly slimy, asking us to do stuff that is borderline illegal (telling us to claim financial hardships that we don't qualify for at the hospital)  I'll be glad to be shot of her and that company.

Everybody's on my work insurance now, which is pretty good.  They do the same garden variety annoying crap that all insurance companies do, but if we stay on top of em they'll eventually get it right.

I've heard so many horror stories about medical insurance companies literally every time someone even says the phrase "medical insurance company" my brain immediately hears "Evil, Soulless Minions of the Dark Lord."  

• Like 1