DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 3/11 - 3/17/2024 - Chad of Green Gables

2 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

This Rock heel run has been unreal. He's gonna turn the Universe on that goofy dude.

Heel Rock is best Rock. Hollywood Rock is best Rock.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

The Austin Theory stunner into a RKO spot was too goofy to be believed.  Can't imagine the planning in the back must have been 

Wrestling doesn’t have to follow the laws of physics but it does have to follow the norms of wrestling physics. That did not.

I know Rock is gonna be the shits in the ring because he has one speed and with all the muscle he’s put on 50+ he’s gonna hurt himself but everything leading up to that match is gonna be absolutely insane. There are promos and then there’s The Rock. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TimLivingston said:

I know Rock is gonna be the shits in the ring because he has one speed and with all the muscle he’s put on 50+ he’s gonna hurt himself but everything leading up to that match is gonna be absolutely insane. There are promos and then there’s The Rock. 

Even as a tag team match, cardio and muscle gain, the other three will have to do the workload.

14 minutes ago, TimLivingston said:

I know Rock is gonna be the shits in the ring because he has one speed and with all the muscle he’s put on 50+ he’s gonna hurt himself 

They’ll slow the tempo down to accommodate Bloodline Roman dinner theatre, surely he can keep up. 

• Like 1

Hollywood Rock was something else tonight. I only wish Cody came out from the crowd or something to attack him. But considering how massively over The Rock was tonight, that Memphis crowd would have boo'ed Cody out of the building. All the talk of blood though by The Rock. A bloody Cody winning the title would be an awesome visual.

The Rock's segment started off fun and then veered into awesome bastard heel territory when he got serious. I only wish this wasn't in such a pro-Rock town since the boos would have been amazing. 

LWO vs. Legado was good. Glad Angel and Carillo won although I dislike that it wasn;t for a spot straight up in the ladder match. The tourney step for this feels unnecessary unless some NXT teams are going to be involved.

Orton/Waller was fun. Loved that stunner/RKO combo on Theory. It was dumb and fun in the best ways.

Santos/Dragon was too short, but it and the post match brawl at least go us back to Santos/Rey. Still disappointed they seem to be ending it on Smackdown instead of Wrestlemania.

Pretty Deadly vs. New Catch Republic was good. 

Bayley/Dakota was solid before the inevitable DQ finish came. I typically would prefer an actual finish, but it was good to see Damage Ctrl continue to build up some heel momentum. Naomi trying and failing to make the save was nice as well. Will be interesting to see if Bianca is dragged in or not. Originally I figured we might get her vs. Jade, but it feels more or more likely Jade next real moment will be post mania vs. whomever is the winner of Bayley/Io.

Nothing too special match wise though everything was fun and used well to push feuds and stories forward. The tag matches were good and worth a catch. Segment wise the Rock's stood above all though the rest was generally decent. Solid show.

Meanwhile, on LVL UP

Lola Vice d Carlee Bright with a "Vice Grip" headscissor. Bright is a former cheerleader with an entrance theme that sounds a bit like Sixpence None The Richer, and her mother is apparently in the front row. Most of this works, but feels more like a demo than a scrap.  Vice has a decent spinebuster and ends up bleeding from the mouth - possibly from a shoulderblock - but doesn't capitalize on it by firing up. Bright's inside cradle is not as tight as Dolin's from the weekly show, and she and Vice don't put much into a kickout, versus a release. Bright has a nice single-leg dropkick and ambitious cartwheel-knee thing, Vice quickly ends things by kicking her out of mid-air. There was an unfortunate lack of mother-taunting.

Stacks and Luca Crusifino d. Javier Bernal and Drake Morreaux (an affable new guy wearing overalls, kinda swampy with a New Orleans vibe). New Guy's first move is to take down his straps, which seems unearned. It's solid, less of the cooperative vibe here, but the crowd dynamic is a bit off because New Guy is new and seems likable, and beating on Javier tiptoes over the line into getting crowd unhappy. Bernal has a weird top rope elbow leading to a bit of repetitive offense from Morreaux; Stacks and Crusifino come back with a more enegetic finishing run. This was a pleasant surprise; the new D'Angelo Family worked well together, Morreaux has some charisma.

Sol Ruca d Wren Sinclair. Wren immediately goes up in my estimation by reacting to Ruca's entrance flip with some posing of her own that manages to come off as enthusiastic, rather than snarky. She continues to be actively in the match with, of all things, a hammerlock - Ruca reaches between her legs to try to break it, Sinclair moves her own leg out of the way to maintain it. We get a bit more standing grappling before an awkward spinout from Sinclair; she smartly brings things back on track with a leg pick and variation of the diving neck snap to a seated opponent. Some back and forth, eventually Sinclair puts some good struggle into getting out of a grounded headlock and we get a funky crossbody collision; a bit more back and forth leads to a blocked Snatcher attempt, duelling rollups and a Sol Snatcher finishes. Ruca helps Sinclair up after the 3, seems glad to be back.

Good episode, worth watching. Did we know that Madi Wrenkowski had these incredible rock-solid go-with-the-flow, hold-everything-together fundamentals? She seems really young to give these player-coach vibes and I really want to see her work up and down the entire division now, and get a story that's not just "she's new and nervous and happy".

• Like 2

“That living embodiment of cringe, Seth Rollins.”

Damn. The Rock says some nasty stuff about Cody, but it’s kinda couched in pro wrestling stuff. With Seth though, the Rock goes in on him so fucking hard every time. Like, damn dude, he’s already dead.

I will never forget the living embodiment of cringe though. I don’t know if anything tops that. It’s also how he says it, with just total disgust, like @Brian Fowler was the one saying it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Craig H said:

“That living embodiment of cringe, Seth Rollins.”

Damn. The Rock says some nasty stuff about Cody, but it’s kinda couched in pro wrestling stuff. With Seth though, the Rock goes in on him so fucking hard every time. Like, damn dude, he’s already dead.

I will never forget the living embodiment of cringe though. I don’t know if anything tops that. It’s also how he says it, with just total disgust, like @Brian Fowler was the one saying it.

Billy Gunn "It Doesn't Matter What Your Name Is" level destruction by Rocky

• Like 4

That Rock segment was glorious, even playing the hits. When it comes to Rollins I could be in the Chapelle show's "Player Hater's Ball" sketch and fit right in. To me, he's done one thing post-Shield that I support and that's have a shirt with the Black Flag font. So I'm cool with the Rock just going SupaHotFire and ending his career. 

On 3/15/2024 at 10:39 PM, TimLivingston said:

Regardless of how terrible Rock will be in the ring ,you know he’s going to try something that he has no business doing or try some type of chain wrestling sequence like that one Big Show vs Kane match on Raw just to impress the crowd. The match will be interesting to watch just from that standpoint alone.