DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 3/4 - 3/10/2024 - Crack is Wack!

L is Roman numeral for 50, meaning they’re going to drag this out for another ten years?

• Haha 5

Seth Rollins trashtalk game towards the Rock makes me feel like we're inching towards a "Eminem destroying Nick Cannon with one line" moment if they put Seth and Rock in the ring together for a promo

that one line being "You're gonna ruin my career, you better get one"

• Like 2

The Seth/Cody segment was fine. It did its job well enough hough Seth came off rather lame in his attacks on the Rock. Cody came off better, but it probably helps that Cody gives off a slightly more mature feel than both Seth and Rock.

Gunther/Dom was insanely fun for me. Dom kept flying way too close to the sun and was murdered for it multiple times. Gunther being an automatic face to the crowd simply due to Dom being in the ring was great to see.

KC Squared vs. Shayna/Zoey was an ok showcase for the KCs and set up for Kabuki Warriors defending against Shayna and Zoy next week.

Becky/Nia was pretty good once again even with another screwy finish via Liv interference. The finish made sense given Becky's similar interference last week. It worked though it would be nice to see one of these end clean or at least properly. Another good performance from Nia. She has surprisingly been delivering this run. Will be interesting to see if they try to find her and Liv a spot on Wrestlemania with how much they have been kept in the loop post EC. Feels like both are continuing to build decent momentum even with their losses.

Andrade/Crews was an ok squash and showcase for Andrade.

Priest/Balor vs. Kaiser/Vinci built into something good. Was particularly interesting to see the crowd starting from a point of confusion at who to cheer for to being completely behind Judgement Day as the match went on. Good victory for Priest and Balor.

Sami/Ivar was the fine match one would expect between them. The two have good chemistry and got the crowd into the match a good deal. Was good to seeing Sami get the win to continue his momentum build for Wrestlemania. Still not sure what he ends up with as I'm not convinced anyone but Gable should be facing Gunther there. Was amusing to see Valhalla give the antlers to Cole.

Jey/Drew was good though had the predictable ending we've come to expect. Still made for some nice drama with the Bloodline and Drew broughts things back to himself with the final attack on Seth.

Quite a few good matches worth watching here and some solid segments building to Wrestlemania and beyond. Was nice to see the women get some extra attention. Segments like backstage scene with all the Raw women's tag teams was decent and something that should happen more often to further flesh out personalities. Also dug the post match scene with Becky and Liv to build their match for next week. Pretty solid show. Raw length is the only thign really keeping me from calling it good. Really hope they end the third hour when the Netflix move happens next year.

• Like 3

Hoping for Gunther vs. Sami Zayn at WrestleMania XL. Second preference is Gunther vs. Chad Gable. Shame Sheamus is still out as that needs to be run back as well.

7 hours ago, The Great ML said:

Seth Rollins talking about the Rock not being cool was certainly a choice. Then there was Diarrhea Dwayne.

Rollins will get eaten alive in person and I’m here for it.

We're going to watch Rock "Billy Gunn" someone else, aren't we? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

If they really wanted to have Seth and Cody torch Rock all they would have to do is bring up how much of a flop Black Adam and the XFL were. But that may cut too close to the bone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

I never thought I would say this… but Drew rules. Trolling autograph seekers by blasting Cult of Personality in your rental car is a level.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

We're going to watch Rock "Billy Gunn" someone else, aren't we? 

Hopefully. I feel so much second hand embarrassment for anyone who likes Rollins. Watching him come to the ring makes me feel how my parents must have felt taking me to all the wrestling shows as a kid. 

Dom/Gunther was fun. I feel like Dakota had cut off JNCO jeans on with how much they flared.

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Hoping for Gunther vs. Sami Zayn at WrestleMania XL. Second preference is Gunther vs. Chad Gable. Shame Sheamus is still out as that needs to be run back as well.

Lol, I’m all in for Ricochet-Gunther at WM.  I mean, I’m probably the only one, but….

Ricochet being dusted off for the match makes me thing they could only come up with five names and Keyser Soze’d the sixth guy.

• Like 1

I should note, Cole has never sounded happier than he did when he took this picture:

Also, you know Vince is long gone because he would have impaled Cole with those antlers for daring to acknowledge Sting's retirement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Rock comes up with Cody Crybabies and tells people to go do some more crack. Seth calls him Diarheah Dwayne.

I don't think the quality gap is that big here.

I've got no problem with those two just slap fighting each other with play ground insults. I don't really care which one "wins" this war of words. Seems like Seth should come out on top, since you're paying him to draw houses every week, but whatever I guess.

The nonsense between them honestly makes Roman and Cody seem even more important. That's the serious business fight.

MEANWHILE

Drew Mac is doing all of it better. I hope he didn't sign his extension yet, because his stock has to be through the fucking roof now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Seth and Cody did alright to open. The lead up to the Diarrhea Dwayne line made it worse, if he had just thrown it away I wouldn't have cringed so hard

I wanted to see Gunther/Mysterio and it did not disappoint. Dom trying to go blow for blow with the chop champ worked about as well as you would think but he showed some skill in the process and people even bit on the sunset flip

Not only did Cole congratulate Sting on his retirement, Pat McAfee called the retirement match epic. That was a nice shout out

Actual line improvised by Dakota Kai: "Friday, right? Friday. It happened, right?" Those UCB classes are paying off!

KC2/Bazsler and Stark was okay, there was a little awkwardness in the double teams which looked more like inexperience between partners than between opponents. The double Spanish fly off the top getting a 2 count is hopefully the beginning of the end for that highspot, it's up there with the Canadian destroyer in terms of nonsensical moves

Jax/Lynch was solid, some really nice stuff balanced out by Nia doing one of the more hilarious arm waving bumps out of the ring. (Also, McAfee said momentum is important no matter what some stat nerds say, is that a shot at real sports or TK or...?)

I wonder if its worth analyzing how wrestlers like Andrade switch their game up when changing companies. Him and Crews pulled a full Davey Richards no-sell of a superplex in their match which gets a Boo-urns from me

Imperium and Judgement Day worked it out. Two heel vs heel matches on one show doesn't happen often, the crowd were fine to cheer Balor and Priest though

McIntyre telling the uncomfortable truth like a good heel does. Jey Uso has yet to show me he can fly as a singles wrestler. Is the crowd not into him except for the Yeet or are they just waiting for the Bloodline interference? Neither is good

The Black Adams shots might be worth mentioning since it's so recent (Hurricane pretty much did what you guys are talking about with the Scorpion King shots and it worked well), but I think Cody is the better option to deliver it rather than the other dude with a Sharknado sequel and Armed Response 2017 on his resume.  Or maybe that's just plays into the back and forth.

I do like the idea of this new heel Rock going to city to city and finding verified awful facts about whatever town they are in for next couple of weeks.  I think Smackdown is in Dallas. Layup on the nightlight scene there.

Edited by _MJ_
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Villanova Grad said:

Lol, I’m all in for Ricochet-Gunther at WM.  I mean, I’m probably the only one, but….

Ricochet being dusted off for the match makes me thing they could only come up with five names and Keyser Soze’d the sixth guy.

I'd be game for that. The Gunther vs. Ricochet match on the 16th December 2022 Smackdown was amazing.

13 minutes ago, _MJ_ said:

I think Smackdown is in Dallas

This being Wrestling, if the Rock didn’t play in the Miami/Texas Cotton Bowl, he absolutely should act like he played in that game.

Not sure if they can get Randal Hill to run up the tunnel on short notice

• Like 1