DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA XL - 4/6 & 4/7/2024

Dolfan in NYC

3 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

also disappointed that the ultimate Shield member didn't show up

Kurt Angle!

His meme is more culturally relevant than Seth Rollins.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EVA said:

Even better: Not only did Seth get chumped, but people were more disappointed that Moxley didn’t show up.

If someone from the other company was going to magically appear, shouldn't it be Dustin? 

• Like 1

Just now, Craig H said:

Cena was out there more because Solo beat him and “ended his career” and Roman has beaten Cena twice.

Yes. It was multiple connections

Just now, odessasteps said:

If someone from the other company was going to magically appear, shouldn't it be Dustin? 

who would be the most plausible fake Goldust on the current WWE  roster, Baron Corbin? someone who is both tall but also lanky

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I never hated Seth, but this gimmick is the worst. For some reason though people love it and I don’t understand why. It’s so cringe.

It is weird that Seth is one of HHH’s boys and for a solid month Seth has looked like a geek, been buried by the Rock verbally, looked like the red headed step child in that tag match, and then got punked out tonight.

His theme song has a repeating three note motif that pretty much anybody can sing. That’s literally it!

Its definitely strange that, out of all the Indie stars of his generation, Seth was the WWE’s chosen one, considering he’s not good at any of the things thatWWE has traditionally valued in a top star.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

That’s who I thought it was at first when we saw the glimpse of the tattooed arm under the ring (looking back it was obviously Solo). 

But yeah not in the current situation. Waters are too hot. In an ideal world they do it and throw AEW a bone of getting a Ricochet/Ospreay match or something 

Edited by For Great Justice

I feel like a Foley run in would've served a better purpose to neutralize Rocky as opposed to Taker. I can see the connection with him and Reigns at the Mania, but I saw it as the Bloodlines biggest "rivals" coming out to neutralize them. Jey gets Jimmy, then Solo gets Cena since that's his biggest feud, and then for Rock - well Austin would be ideal but if you can't get him I think Foley would fit in just as well. I'm sure they wanted a monster pop though and 'Taker absolutely provides that in aces over Foley.

I think Seth will eventually turn on Cody, especially if Roman really is taking some time off after Mania, but this could be the first step in planting the seeds.

Well that was a fun second night. I'm glad Cody finally won. The post match celebration was perfect and I can't wait to see Cody carry this company now. I too love professional wrestling and tonight was a great reason why.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Roman finished the story with The Shield betrayal by finally getting his revenge on Seth and his obsession ultimately cost him the title against Cody. That is some high quality cinema. *chef's kiss*

Roman Reigns chairshot to Seth Rollins back was a great callback to how Rollins turned on the Shield.

• Like 1

My favorite type of heel comeuppance is when it’s due to their hubris - Drew just wouldn’t leave and wouldn’t leave; when he squatted onto the announcer table, I almost thought he was going to pantomime taking a giant dump onto it. And then he went just a little too far, and that was it.

Drew and Punk’s interactions have been terrific for months, and tonight was no exception. They obviously enjoy working with each other.

Edited by Hamhock
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

My favorite type of heel comeuppance is when it’s due to their hubris - Drew just wouldn’t leave and wouldn’t leave; when he squatted onto the announcer table, I almost thought he was going to pantomime taking a giant dump onto it. And then he went just a little too far, and that was it.

Drew and Punk’s interactions have been terrific for months, and tonight was no exception. They obviously enjoy working with each other.

Yep. Drew McIntyre kept pushing and pushing and it cost him the World Heavyweight Championship.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

who would be the most plausible fake Goldust on the current WWE  roster, Baron Corbin? someone who is both tall but also lanky

Dijak in a bodysuit to hide that he is pretty ripped?

F4wonline.com:

https://www.f4wonline.com/.image/c_limit%2Ccs_srgb%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw_700/MjA1NTg1MjM1MTQ2OTc0Mjgy/codywatch.webp

After finishing his story at WrestleMania 40, new champion Cody Rhodes received a special gift from WWE brass.

Rhodes revealed at the post-WrestleMania night two press conference that Paul "Triple H" Levesque, Nick Khan, and Bruce Prichard gifted him a gold Rolex following Sunday's event. Cody called it the "same watch" that his late father Dusty Rhodes once pawned so Cody could attend acting school.

Cody said:

"Something that I wanted to share - I came to the back, and Bruce Prichard and Triple H and Nick Khan handed me this, which is the same watch that my dad had that he pawned so that I could go to acting school. So the level of investment and responsibility that the company just put in my hands, I hope I can pay it back, pay it forward a hundred times over."

Levesque said at the press conference that it was Khan's idea to get Cody the watch. Prichard went and "super-sleuthed down this watch that was the exact same watch that Dusty had."

"We just wanted to give him, I don't know, something that in some way commemorated his dad being here when this happened, because he was," Levesque said.

"In a eulogy following Dusty's death in 2015, Cody said his father told him that he could have the watch if he ever won the World title. Cody didn't find out about the watch being sold until 2015.

Cody won the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship by defeating Roman Reigns in Sunday's main event. It put an end to Reigns' 1,316-day run as champion.

While speaking to the crowd after defeating Reigns, Cody said he would not have gotten here without Levesque and Prichard.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2