DVDVR Message Board

The Wall Street Journal Vince McMahon Thread.

Message added by jaedmc,

It's a gross story, don't stare too deeply into the abyss or it will stare back.

Also be adults and don't make us ban you.

Tessa is working in CMLL fairly often and to the point she just did one of their biggest shows with all the AEW talent. In addition, she was tagging with Willow and Lady Frost. Guessing that wasn't up to TK or he was totally fine with it. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Alvarez & Meltzer were talking over the weekend about Vince starting a new promotion (they said nah to that one) and their key question was, "who would he be able to get?"

Now come on.  That's the one problem he wouldn't have.  He could lean into the whole "people used to love me talking about my genetic jackhammer and grapefruits!  Woke wrestling cancelled me!" thing and hire every sexual predator, MAGA choad, and otherwise undesirable currently not working or not working much and looking for a payday.  Off the top of my head:

• Marty Scurll
  • David Starr
  • Jack Gallagher
  • Joey Ryan
  • Jimmy Havoc
  • Michael Elgin
  • That one Crist brother
  • Tyrus
  • Tessa Blanchard
  • Alberto Del Rio
  • Flip Gordon
  • Tyrus
  • That one neo nazi/neo nazi-adjacent deathmatch guy whose name escapes me

Shit, he could promote it on Truth Social

Some other prominent wrestlers that come to mind:

• Low Ki (he probably would not make it even to the first show)
  • Austin Aries (he would be gone within a couple of weeks)
  • Drake Younger
  • Jaxson Ryker
  • Velveteen Dream
  • El Ligero
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Alvarez & Meltzer were talking over the weekend about Vince starting a new promotion (they said nah to that one) and their key question was, "who would he be able to get?"

Now come on.  That's the one problem he wouldn't have.  He could lean into the whole "people used to love me talking about my genetic jackhammer and grapefruits!  Woke wrestling cancelled me!" thing and hire every sexual predator, MAGA choad, and otherwise undesirable currently not working or not working much and looking for a payday.  Off the top of my head:

• Marty Scurll
  • David Starr
  • Jack Gallagher
  • Joey Ryan
  • Jimmy Havoc
  • Michael Elgin
  • That one Crist brother
  • Tyrus
  • Tessa Blanchard
  • Alberto Del Rio
  • Flip Gordon
  • Tyrus
  • That one neo nazi/neo nazi-adjacent deathmatch guy whose name escapes me

Shit, he could promote it on Truth Social

You forgot Matt Riddle.

• Like 1

Oh man, how did I forget Drake Younger?  Though last I heard (maybe a month ago), he'd checked back into rehab.  But a dude like that going to rehab reminds me of celebrities like Mel Gibson, for example, going off on racist tirades and then blaming booze and then going to rehab to help their images.  Like I've been drunk many, many times and it never led me to blame "the globalists" for anything.  Drake Younger fell down a Qanon rabbit hole and I don't think quitting drugs or booze would help with that, but God bless the guy and I hope it all works out for him.  I'll always remember his resurgence after getting clean originally; his 2012 - 13 PWG run was amazing and he probably should have accepted a title run and stayed on the indies.  Moving to Florida did him in.

Edited by Technico Support

Pre-rehab Drake Younger was a really good deathmatch guy. Post-WWE Drake Younger, in the bare handful of bookings he was able to get (Circle 6 seemed to like using him, anyway), was awful. He's got nothing left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Tessa is working in CMLL fairly often and to the point she just did one of their biggest shows with all the AEW talent. In addition, she was tagging with Willow and Lady Frost. Guessing that wasn't up to TK or he was totally fine with it. 

She now engaged to a luchador, I think I read. (A different one than years past) 

44 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

She now engaged to a luchador, I think I read. (A different one than years past) 

Yeah, not Daga cause they split a bit ago. The daughters of the Four Horsemen have the market cornered for marrying luchadors.

Anyway, I doubt Vince McMahon could name 10 wrestlers not contracted by WWE. The ones he could are probably deceased.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 4/9/2024 at 7:44 PM, Technico Support said:

It's crazy that Vince can force TKO to buy his shares.  Apparently, if he sells them on the open market, it will make TKO stock prices drop, so TKO has to use a line of credit to purchase them whenever Vince wants to sell.  What's to stop him from deciding to sell it all off and put them in some pretty bad debt?  I mean aside from the fact that "pretty bad debt" doesn't exist for corporations and billionaires.

There are all kinds of ways this can work. Vince’s shares (and any other shares given to executives who work for a company) are given a special kind of status. 

How it works — a company has what is called its treasury. The company holds there what Re called “authorized shares.” When a company wants to raise money, it will then sell what are called “issues shares” out on the market. It’s usually done through an underwriter (think some giant investment bank) because of the technical steps that have to happen for it to work, and then to the general public. This is when a company receives money to operate in exchange for selling off ownership stakes in the company. Once they are able for someone like us to buy and sell on RobinHood, they become what are called “outstanding shares.” (And they do not result in the company recieving any money.)

When a company decides To grant stock to its employees (like Vince in this case), they almost always come from the treasury directly. They will also have a lot of technical restrictions on them (how long you have to hold onto them before you can sell them, etc.) and are usually given a certain specific designation. This designation essentially means that if whoever holds them wants to sell these shares, the company has to be notified first in case it wants to buy them back. 

Companies buying back stocks from investors happens regularly. If you buy shares back, you are limiting the supply and raising the price of each share — not a bad thing to do if you think your company is being undervalued, and then in a few years when investors now “properly” see what your company should be valued at you can reissue the stock. But, also, it might help the company’ board of directors consolidate ownership. 

Also — Vince owns an insane amount of shares. He can’t just say “I want to sell this $45 million worth of shares” and use a brokerage like RobinHood or TD Amweittade to do so. They aren’t equipped to handle something like that.

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Yeah, not Daga cause they split a bit ago. The daughters of the Four Horsemen have the market cornered for marrying luchadors.

Anyway, I doubt Vince McMahon could name 10 wrestlers not contracted by WWE. The ones he could are probably deceased.

Theres always Brock. 

12 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

The payday, which is prob why Brock still does anything in the ring. 

in= dont think he has a DB like wishlist of guys he wants to wrestle.

If that was the case, he would sign with AEW which has some form of stability...at least relative to a company with no actual TV deal, sponsors (I wanna see who takes the brave leap to sponsor this), and ran by a man who probably won't have the vitality to run a company day-to-day. If Vince had to start over after the steroid trial, it would be different. This is 30 years later with much more dirt on his name. 

7 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

You forgot Matt Riddle.

Him and several of the other people mentioned already are working regularly for some Philly promotion, Vince could just go ahead and buy that.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, zendragon said:

Not interested in Brock delivering a shoot f5 to a 80 year old Vince?

Save that for a prison fights compilation.

• Haha 1

Maybe Vince never knew the concept of pets existed because he was working, lifting weights, and sex pred-ing 168 hours per week.  New Peacock reality show as 78 year old Vince McMahon catches up with a new thing he's missed out on in life each week.  He could start slow with something like ice cream, then eventually work up to "real human kindness that's not purely transactional."

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Just gonna imagine Vince discovering the concept of kittens at age 78 and thinking that he can parcel out cats to keep people from testifying against him

Teddy Hart, consigliere.

• Haha 4

If the conversation (pun not intended) regarding Gene Hackman last week is any indication, reclusive cat man Vince is going to be fodder for a lot of wild takes centered around aging. This goes especially since Vince looked rough in recent years.