DVDVR Message Board

The Termination of CM Punk by The Coward Tony Khan

Elsalvajeloco

Moving stuff to it's own thread because it's the 4th of the month and I've been busy doing Labor Day parties and such.  

Also, I can't wait for... let's say LA Knight to win Rumble '24 and right before he challenges Roman, we hear: 

Look in my eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyes, what do you see...

---

Also, if any comment in DVDVR history deserves to lead off a thread.... take a bow @Elsalvajeloco

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7

Whatever happened with TK & Punk must’ve been pretty bad if they’ve chosen to terminate him immediately rather than just send him home for the duration of his deal. 

Also, it feels like Adam Copeland’s asking price just went way up, and so did Mercedes’ if she hasn’t signed already. AEW is going to be just fine, but they’re gonna need star power for Collision…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Moving stuff to it's own thread because it's the 4th of the month and I've been busy doing Labor Day parties and such.  

Also, I can't wait for... let's say LA Knight to win Rumble '24 and right before he challenges Roman, we hear: 

Look in my eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyes, what do you see...

---

Also, if any comment in DVDVR history deserves to lead off a thread.... take a bow @Elsalvajeloco

Elsalvajeloco: Thrillseeker. Sex Symbol. Trendsetter. Also, certified member of the psychic friends network.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, just drew said:

Whatever happened with TK & Punk must’ve been pretty bad if they’ve chosen to terminate him immediately rather than just send him home for the duration of his deal. 

Also, it feels like Adam Copeland’s asking price just went way up, and so did Mercedes’ if she hasn’t signed already. AEW is going to be just fine, but they’re gonna need star power for Collision…

Meltzer says my man, Bryan Danielson will mainly be on Collison now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

And that’s the right move. But it still needs more. If you’re gonna reset, reset. With Copeland, you’re getting some crossover appeal (probably not as many as Phil, but people watch Vikings), without the penchant for punching co-workers. Mercedes is the biggest no brainer in the history of mankind. We

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Elsalvajeloco: Thrillseeker. Sex Symbol. Trendsetter. Also, certified member of the psychic friends network.

These member titles just write themselves.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Meltzer says my man, Bryan Danielson will mainly be on Collison now.

You could get a lot of mileage out of a HOB/BCC feud. You probably still need Bryan and Mox to work some Dynamites from time to time, but that gives you a strong base for Collision.

25 minutes ago, just drew said:

And that’s the right move. But it still needs more. If you’re gonna reset, reset. With Copeland, you’re getting some crossover appeal (probably not as many as Phil, but people watch Vikings), without the penchant for punching co-workers. Mercedes is the biggest no brainer in the history of mankind. We

Edge is good but he's not a draw, and he's not a needle mover. He also turns 50 years old next month, and his career is on borrowed time. You can't realistically build a TV show around him.

• Like 6

Tony Khan is an incompetent manager. How on earth he didn't meet Jungle Boy at the curtain for his unprofessional nonsense is beyond me. He allowed the inmates to run the asylum (pardon the cliche) and Punk, who by all accounts just wanted to do good business has effectively been bullied by a bunch of dweebs right in front of everybody. Bullying in the workplace is often done by a pack of insufferable little cry babies. Constant attempt of undermining and whispering campaigns - its full blown coward behaviour and these feckless little tools involved did it constantly. And got beat up for it. Because Tony couldn't manage it. 

Embarrassing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Edge is good but he's not a draw, and he's not a needle mover. He also turns 50 years old next month, and his career is on borrowed time. You can't realistically build a TV show around him.

I'd add to this that he was damaged even further by aspects of his return run (first match back was an all-time dog, got punked out in the WM main event with Roman, did the heel turn with Judgment Day nobody asked for and was quickly overshadowed by Balor anyway who was much more effective in the role). I would still pay a lot to bring him in because he's a star and it would be news and you can do a lot with him and Christian and the Hardyz' history and elevate some guys who aren't 50 but I agree, he's not going to be a player long term. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

You’d be doing for the short term, imo. I don’t think you need to build a show around him so much as you need to mete the damage done by losing Punk. It would make noise in the wrestling & tv industry. Also, you don’t need him to wrestle very often. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TerjeRUN said:

Tony Khan is an incompetent manager. How on earth he didn't meet Jungle Boy at the curtain for his unprofessional nonsense is beyond me. He allowed the inmates to run the asylum (pardon the cliche) and Punk, who by all accounts just wanted to do good business has effectively been bullied by a bunch of dweebs right in front of everybody. Bullying in the workplace is often done by a pack of insufferable little cry babies. Constant attempt of undermining and whispering campaigns - its full blown coward behaviour and these feckless little tools involved did it constantly. And got beat up for it. Because Tony couldn't manage it. 

Embarrassing. 

Guys! We found Punk’s Socko account!

So anyway, Cornette is slagging off Tony Khan for the “I was in fear for my life” thing. He should be supportive of it. If your whole deal is “Old School, Protect the Business, Kayfabe lives!”, the idea that a non-wrestler thinks that being physically attacked by a wrestler carries a high risk of serious (or even fatal) injury should be a dream come true for you.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, TerjeRUN said:

Embarrassing. 

Spoken like someone who definitely doesn't have his own issues with hostility, toxic masculinity, scapegoating, and alienating coworkers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Casey said:

Bodyslam.net says that at Revolution 2022 when William Regal debuted, Punk refused to shake his hand backstage and called him - to his face - “a stooge for Triple H”.

Yikes. 

I don’t believe like 95 percent of wrestling newz but I believe any petty, narcissistic insane stuff that comes out about Punk. 

For a guy all about respecting the business and acting tough, how did he escape someone not planting him on his ass? Aside from “Many wrestlers the past bunch of years decided that attempting to resolve problems somewhat professionally and then griping about things when things don’t go their way — aka what the rest of mankind does — was a lot more productive than swinging a fist at a cornball like Jungle Boy.”

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, AxB said:

Guys! We found Punk’s Socko account!

So anyway, Cornette is slagging off Tony Khan for the “I was in fear for my life” thing. He should be supportive of it. If your whole deal is “Old School, Protect the Business, Kayfabe lives!”, the idea that a non-wrestler thinks that being physically attacked by a wrestler carries a high risk of serious (or even fatal) injury should be a dream come true for you.

Oddballs like you is the reason I haven't posted in 6 years. 

• Haha 2