DVDVR Message Board

All In II - 8/27/2023

Dolfan in NYC

32 minutes ago, EVA said:

Given how long this process played out, my guess is that Cash has been collaborating with AEW legal all along to ensure that he makes the town for All In.

Right. I'd be shocked if the match doesn't happen. Cash is cooperating. I think it would be very easy for a lawyer to explain this overseas trip is for work and one of his biggest money making opportunities. I don't think they will disallow it as part of the bail process.

• Like 2

Im just wondering about access to the country based on the charge. Americans can’t even enter Canada if they have a dui on their record. Uk has pretty strict gun laws. Unless aew was kept in the dark about this, they obviously feel the match is still happening as of Wednesday night. 

15 minutes ago, matt925 said:

Im just wondering about access to the country based on the charge. Americans can’t even enter Canada if they have a dui on their record. Uk has pretty strict gun laws. Unless aew was kept in the dark about this, they obviously feel the match is still happening as of Wednesday night. 

Some light googling suggests that the UK only deny entry on the basis of conviction, not arrest.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Right. I'd be shocked if the match doesn't happen. Cash is cooperating. I think it would be very easy for a lawyer to explain this overseas trip is for work and one of his biggest money making opportunities. I don't think they will disallow it as part of the bail process.

I think the biggest issue is the British visa.  They may or may not have something to say about a guy who may or may not have done... whatever it is he's accused of.  

They may just move the match to All Out and go from there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Dax getting increasingly frustrated with all of RVD's flips would be a fun bit.

Rolling Thunder hastily replaced with a simple senton called "Single Thunderclap".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I think the biggest issue is the British visa.  They may or may not have something to say about a guy who may or may not have done... whatever it is he's accused of.  

I've seen another report go out of it's way to say that he didn't have to surrender his passport, FWIW

Edit: and now another, this time from PWInsider, which stresses that the court has not put any restrictions on him travelimg internationally. Unless there's a hearing convicting him in the next week, I think the match is gonna be fine.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yeah, the issue isn't that his American passport wasn't surrendered, it's that the UK might not let him in if he has a pending charge regarding a firearm. (Caveat: I am not a lawyer.)

The safe move is to move the match.

You know, if this had happened awhile ago and they announced the match anyway, they probably know more about the situation than we do and know that it'll probably all be cool to, you know... promote on the air as happening. Because, you know... it's gonna happen. Lay your fears at rest. 

I like how RVD's Rolling Thunder has him landing on people like Jeff Hardy's senton does these days, only it's ALWAYS landed like that haha

Reading that it says he pulled to the shoulder and passed while pointing a gun at him? Who drives with the gun in their hand? Who has it at the ready while speeding down the highway?

When I saw road rage I had figured there was so some sort of altercation or incident. This reads dude saw a car driving aggressively then it passed him while the dude pointed a gun at him. Seems awfully hard to belive the statement as written.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExcellenceofAirPollution said:

Just came to me, but I wouldn't doubt that people do

If one of the Bucks doesn't cut the DeJesus promo this week than what are we even doing?

6 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Reading that it says he pulled to the shoulder and passed while pointing a gun at him? Who drives with the gun in their hand? Who has it at the ready while speeding down the highway?

When I saw road rage I had figured there was so some sort of altercation or incident. This reads dude saw a car driving aggressively then it passed him while the dude pointed a gun at him. Seems awfully hard to belive the statement as written.

You're aware we're only a few years removed from people deciding they needed to go to Target with loaded and chambered long rifles for no good reason, right?   The most believable part of that statement is a wrestler in Florida could've been having a bad enough day that he was raging around and had the piece out to discourage anyone fucking with him back.  

Not saying it really happened or convicting Wheeler, that's for the courts.  Just that, at least I don't find it unbelievable that anyone would do that in this day and age.

Fair play. It's not unbelievable that a certain type of individual could be acting that way. Still, I feel like that is out of character for what we know of Cash's personality. Now I'm well aware there are those that have a different public face vs their private personality. But there's not a lot of evidence Cash is the type that would be a wild man gunslinger just zooming around ready to intimidate (at the very least) randos with a Glock.

The affidavit just strikes me as odd. The alleged victim was adamant he couldn't be late for work and made them meet him at a car dealership? I'm getting carny salesman type who recognized Cash and figured he could cash in with a wild story. But that's just conjecture and probably little wishful / hopeful thinking. I guess that's all for the courts to decide.

• Thanks 1

Meltzer:

There is still no update regarding the status of the FTR vs. Young Bucks match at All In. Daniel Wheeler is legally allowed to go to England. Tony Khan hasn't said anything regarding the arrest of Wheeler that broke earlier today although it actually was from a few weeks ago. There is no word on when Khan first round out but talent that we know found out the same time everyone else did. I would expect if there is a change that it would be addressed on Collision tomorrow night. The idea that I've seen brought up by fans, ironically, is the same idea I had, which is basically hold up the titles if the decision is made not to use Wheeler at this time, and have Dax team with Mark Briscoe and go for the vacated titles against the Young Bucks. Now Briscoe was injured so that also may not be possible. But at this moment Young Bucks vs. FTR is still the match on the schedule.

Meltzer:

All In was at 80,848 tickets out as of earlier today. The largest legit crowd ever at a pro wrestling event that the majority paid to attend was 80,709 at WrestleMania 32. So in a sense, that record appears to have been broken. It is possible that some people with tickets won't attend, but it is unlikely that number would be higher than the number of tickets that will be sold over the next eight days. So this show probably sets the all-time record but that's not official until the day of the show.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 8:16 AM, zendragon said:

May be an image of 8 people and text

Mixed feelings about All In. The best thing is getting an AEW show at a great UK time. Most looking forward to CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe and FTR vs. The Young Bucks if that happens but I'll be pissed when the Bucks win. Looking forward to seeing Sting. This angle with MJF/Adam Cole is making Adam Cole tolerable to me. I just hope it's not MJF turning on Cole as we've done that with Cody, Jericho, Guevara and now Cole. I was never big on the Stadium Stampede matches like the majority seem to be. The first was the better of the two. Don't give a fuck about Chris Jericho vs. Will Ospreay. Really bummed out Bryan Danielson vs. Kenny Omega was likely here if not for Danielson's bad arm break vs. Kazuchika Okada at Forbidden Door. I'd have run Omega/Ospreay 3 here than Ospreay/Jericho and Omega in a trios match. Looks like Zack Sabre Jr won't be there and that's a disappointment.

• Like 2

Running list of BCC's rumored and possible mystery partners for the Stadium Stampede:

The Dark Order, Daniel Garcia, Santana, Ortiz, Lance Archer, Zack Sabre Jr, Minoru Suzuki, Tomohiro Ishii, Shingo Takagi, Shota Umino, Michael Oku, Trent Seven, Shibata, El Phantasmo, David Finlay, The Butcher, The Blade, Kip Sabian, Homicide, Chris Hero, Nigel McGuinness, Bryan Danielson, and Bill Goldberg.

I'm probably leaving some big names off, but that's a pretty impressive list of suspects.

• Like 2